Old 12-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: Dec 6-7

Poppy, is this your first retail position? I must say that I have been doing retail, probably over 10 yrs and every Christmas season the customers get worse. I personally think that everyone should have to do a holiday season once in their life so they can remember how to treat workers.

I am so glad that I have this weekend off. I need to start focusing on the inventory after Christmas.

Do you know we have bathing suits in already. I don't even have all of my coats out on the floor and they are sending bathing suits. (I know they are getting ready for cruises). Still seems a little early to me.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Happy Weekend All!

Lisa, everyone needs to just take a deep breathe when they are standing on line all cranky! I have not worked retail, just convenience stores on Holidays and that was crazy too!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

It is so foggy here this morning. I was all prepared to go running this morning, but not in this fog. And it is starting to get a little cold. It was 37 this morning. I know some of you will laugh at this since you battle single digit cold weather. We have no idea what that is like. If it's below 60, we get out our snow jackets.

Today we are going to get our Christmas tree. I am a little bummed because we are going to get a little one to stick on a table. With a one year old and a puppy, I think it's our best bet. Next year we will get the big one. I love big Christmas trees.

I am totally resigned to maintaining my weight until after the new year. I felt overwhelmed with all of the parties and goodies people bring into work, so I thought if I set an obtainable goal, I wouldn't be so hard on myself. What is everyone's weight goal during the holidays?
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. We took the kids to the beach for treasure hunting today. DH has a metal detector and he has been wanting to try it out at the beach (easy digging!). Thankfully I remembered to take the sand toys so the kids played while DH hunted. I kept an eye on the kids and froze! I was so glad when DH said he was ready to go. Oh, he didn't find anything good.

I'm just planning on maintaining for the holiday season! It's not too bad around here, just two parties, so I fully expect to meet that goal.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hi all!

As of last night, I'm back in Florida. Didn't get really any sleep on Thursday night since I slept on the floor, and then I had to finish things up Friday morning and do the whole load up car and walk through with the landlord. I was exhausted and so stressed until I got on the road. The actual drive itself was okay though thankfully. That all said, I got a good night's sleep last night. Then, got up and ate my oatmeal and did a 2 mile walk with my mom before we went out for the day.

Tomorrow, we're going to see Australia as well as hitting up Whole Foods. Looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, and as of yesterday morning's weigh-in, I'm down to 179!

Last edited by RangerChic; 12-06-2008 at 06:55 PM.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all. Lisa...i think you are right with everyone working retail. Even though i'm not dealing with the retail aspect, i work in a retail store (banfield is found inside petsmart) and i swear so many people treat us like the trt a retail store. Now i don't think its acceptable to treat anyone that way...but it amazes me how rude people can be during the holidays. Merry F***ing christmas huh? Did people forget about the true meaning of Christmas? Our family has made it easy this year. DH and i already decided due to him being in school and lack of extra money, we wouldn't get gifts this year. In addtion, my Sis is also a little tight on money so she agreed we'd just send cards, say hi and know that down the road when we are back on finacial stable ground would do the gift giving. So that helps and i don't have to shop for much. People are already cranky and its only dec 6th...geez.
hey to everyone else..hope everyone is well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #7  
LBH

Shannon, Glad you made it down there OK. Great that your mom is on board with eating healthy and exercising!

Karen, Cool! We never did make it down the shore this year.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #8  
LBH

Mornin' All!

We've got a nice dusting of snow this AM...started last night. Looks like wet, heavy snow, but not a lot...the grass is still poking through. Good day to stay inside and curl up on the couch! Or paint cabinets, as the case will be.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #9  

ranger chick..glad you made it to Fl. Good job on the wt loss with all the stress and pain of moving..i don't know if i could have done it.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all!

RC - Glad you made it to FL safe and sound. Sounds like you will get settled and start a new job/life quickly. Congrats on the weigh-in!!!

Yesterday I had 2 nasty customers... just nasty for no reason. I bit my tongue and just got them out of the store as quickly as possible. Other than that, the day was OK but busy. I wanna yell... "Don't you people have anything better to do like stay home and watch a movie or something?!" LOL

My weight is on hold at the moment for some reason. Two saturdays ago I was 214. Last week I was 215.2 and now I'm 214.6... It's gotten to where I don't even want to log it anymore BUT I do NOT want to gain anything back so I will keep going.

It's kind of funny though, I have one pair of jeans that fit. That's it.. LOL. If I lose 5-10 more pounds, I have more jeans!! LOL I guess that should be the incentive... LOL

Enjoy your weekend!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 12-07-2008 at 11:30 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...been away awhile. Lots has gone on, mainly I went to Punta Cana for our 10th anniversary. It was AMAZING, but I did come back 5 pounds heavier. I ate & drank everything I wanted...yeesh. So much fun though.

Hope everyone is well. Good to see you're back, lisa!! Gonna try to go back a few days & get caught up. will try to get on tomorrow, I'm the head of the Hospitality committee at school, an there's lots of stuff going on this week.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #12  

pam..welcome back..you guys look great on the beach!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #13  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Not looking forward to the job search, but I am looking forward to working out twice a day oddly enough. I want to get myself into a good "schedule" here with working out even though I'll probably go down to just once a day later. Will miss the fitness center though for sure!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote