Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Default My Journey Starts Today

Hello All,

Today is the first day of my weight loss challenge. I currently weight 317lbs and my goal weight is 140lbs. Although to be honest I would just love to be under 200lbs. I have always been overweight and have tried to lose weight many many many times. Last night I was watching TV and stopped on a TV show called "I eat 33,000 calories a day." I watched about 10 minutes of that program and started crying. I can't let food takeover my life and I don't want to die because of something I could have controlled.

I have also been scared of getting medical problems. My father was recently diagnosed with diabetes and I was recently diagnosed with severe asthma. I'm really ready for a change and I'm happy that I found this site to help keep me motivated.

Thanks for listening.
- Brandy
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

someties it's the scariest shows that give us the push we need to make a change in our life.

good luck!
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

HELLOOOO and welcome.

It is scary to start, but once you take that first step you then prepare yourself for the next one and the next one.

We are here for you throughout your weight loss journey. I am glad I found this place too. I'm still new here, but I find the people here so welcoming and better yet INSPIRING!

*welcome hugs*
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #4  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Helloooo Brandy

I'm new to this as well, so I know how you feel, it's pretty scary once you start a journey to losing weight! However, your profile photo makes you look like a very confident person so I'm sure you will be very successful in losing weight soon enough!

Just remember... setting mini-goals are always a good thing because they are easier to achieve, than looking at losing more than 100 lbs as a whole goal.

Best of luck with your weight loss journey and I hope your health problems will clear up soon!

Much love
Baz xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Yes, saw the same show here too.

Brandy, you can do this. You are stronger than the food, than the addiction. It is so worth it. I am glad you are here. Stick around--the support here is awesome and the answers are rock solid, girl. YOU CAN DO IT.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/333/220

Height: 5'7

I love your profile picture - you are a very beautiful young woman and you smile exudes confidence!

I'm also just starting my weight loss journey. It does feel overwhelming to begin a weight loss program, especially when you feel as if you have 'so far' to go. I just want to be around 200 - but that's about 120 lbs away! So I am trying to do mini-goals that aren't so overwhelming. Right now, may goal isn't even weight loss oriented -- my goal is to walk everyday. Once I've done that for four weeks straight and really established a new routine in my life, then I will set my first weight loss goal of getting under 300 lbs. I don't know if such a strategy would work for you, but it makes the whole process seem less overwhelming to me. In just a couple of weeks, I can already tell I am getting stronger and walking further, faster.

This is a good board for just lurking and finding inspiration, but I hope you also keep us posted throughout your journey. Take care!
Mama2Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

hello and welcome to 3fc!
take it one step at the time !
wishing you good luck!
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #8  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Welcome to the site and good luck as you embark on your weight loss journey.

Like you I was watching a television programme (half tonne hospital) some 21 months ago when alarm bells started ringing in my head. Oh my if I did not change my eating habits this is the way I was going and fast. My mobility was being compromised though fortunately I did not have any weight related illnesses but it was only a matter of time.

Since losing the weigh my mobility has improved it is not brilliant as I have MS but it is heaps better. I do not feel I am facing a wheelchair as I was 21 months ago.

I am so thankful that I decided to change my life around. There as been so many positive things happened since I have. Basically in one word it gave me back my FREEDOM.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

this is your first step..... good job!!!
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I saw the same show! very scary!

I too am just starting (12 days ago) and I have seen a tiny bit of weight loss and it has given me hope, I hope the same for you when you start to succeed.

I am eating 1800 calories a day and it's not very hard if I plan ahead.

good luck!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote