Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Step by Step, Saturday and Sunday

I'm really struggling lately. I won't bore you with tearful tales, let's just settle for ... I know what to do. I've done it before. I could frazzin' teach it! But for some reason, I'm just so flounderingly incapable lately.

I can't be the only one. Stick with me over the weekend?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ya got it Susan, I'm with you. Last weekend was NOT pretty for me. Let's do it!!! Let's stick to our plan like GLUE this weekend. How marvelous would that feel come Monday morning?

I've got my plan in place and also very important to me - my rules and mantras all set up - to help me STAY on plan.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #3  

DH has decided we need to take a little road trip to Home Depot but that's OK ... that's OK ... it's not what I'd planned but it's OK.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

Okay dear Susan. Breathe. Breathe. Could be lots worse then Home Depot. No tempting foods there. Lots of walking involved. Pack up a nice snack if you're going to be long. I always bring a bag full of cleaned, trimmed string beans with me. I don't want to get "stuck" somewhere longer then I thought I would be and have to make a quick stop and eat something unplanned for or walk into the house ravenous.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #5  
No description available.

I'm there with you Susan & Robin. Too much snacking on Thurs and Fri and not enough exercise. POP today and tomorrow.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/115/120

Height: 5'1"

Weekends are bad for me too--but I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
As much as weekdays are annoying (with the whole going to work and earning a living thing) the structure is very helpful: it's hard to NOT exercise on weekdays. I bike to work, I go to the gym with a co-worker, and if worse come to worst I can get up early and go to my condo gym. ...But weekends? Ugh! What is it about Saturday and Sunday that makes me think it's okay to eat the entire contents of my fridge? And then somehow feel that sitting around relaxing the entire day leaves me no opportunity to go the gym?!?
That's it--I've had it! I will eat responsibly today, not go nuts at the grocery store, and get to my condo gym today and the gym near work tomorrow. SusanB, rockinrobin, midwife--this weekend, nothing will get in our way--not even Home Depot!
nakedmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

Mango, that's it. You've nailed it. Structure IS incredibly helpful.

But I can tell you this much, I didn't lose this much weight without STICKING to my plan weekend after weekend. So, I know it's doable. And this weekend - I'm doing it!!! Consistiency is SO important afterall.

Quote:
SusanB, rockinrobin, midwife--this weekend, nothing will get in our way--not even Home Depot!

Nothing will get in my way. Nothing will get in my way. Nothing will get in my way. I WILL eat responsibly. I WILL eat responsibly. I WILL eat responsibly.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm joining in, too. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time! We can all do it!

I have to laugh at the Home Depot comments because at our Home Depot, there is a hot dog stand right out front. I'm NEVER tempted by hot dogs... ick!!!... but you can't be safe anywhere it seems! ha!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Diane, I was actually thinking about that. We don't have a hot dog stand, but we've got candy. I guess there truly is no safe place really, other then our homes. That's why it's crucial to always have a plan in place - and be prepared.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I know what you mean. I haven't been doing bad. I could not change a thing and keep losing. Slowly. I just want to lose a *little* faster. Last week was a lot better than in a long while. Right now I'm struggling a little to make the decision to do the same as last week. I won't say I'm trying to find the motivation, because that feels like already admitting I'm not gonna do it. I find it helps to force myself to face it as a choice, whichever way it goes.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm with ya, Susan.

Getting back on track after Tgiving has been tough. I know what to do. I know how to do it. I've done it before. I even tell others how to do it.

So what seems to be the freakin' problem here!!!

Yeah. I'm with ya.

Let's hang in together. I had oats and cheese for breakfast. I'm going to have a mixed bowl of fruit and a 1/2 a pb sandwich for lunch.

We have veggies and hummus and popcorn set out for snacks for the ball game.

Dinner is stir fried veggies with chicken breast.

I'll stick to that. I will.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #12  

There's a burger joint in the Home Depot where we went. We did not!

We did do a bit of aimless wandering and I was carrying a light fixture so that should be extra calories right?

I had a low fat blueberry muffin for brkfst and now I'm thinking about lunch.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #13  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Rockinrobin, I am so impressed with your progress! You are a superstar!

Weekends are the toughest for me too-- I agree with the weekdays being so easy-- I am an oldest born, so the structured nature of the weekdays make it easy for me to stay on plan. Weekends, however, mean eating out with friends maybe or at least out for drinks, or if I am home perhaps ordering out. I really need to stay focused and active to stay away from all of the temptations. I do think that my food cravings have gotten more reserved/reasonable now that I am taking better care of myself!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #14  

I got tidying and realised I had no garbage bags. I ran to the dollar store and got talking. I was near fainting by the time I got home When I say I'm going to eat, I should stop right now and do that!

FF cheese and broccoli slaw on prairie grain bread with just a snippet of butter. It wouldn't stick together without butter.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 216/214/165 WI day Monday

Height: 5'9"

Today is sadly my first day tracking despite repeated promises to do so and purchasing way to many new notebooks. However, today IS the first day I'm actually doing it. I'd love this support over the weekend. I'm going to write down everything.
Thinnerinnerme is offline   Reply With Quote