Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #1  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Default December Chat-the-dark-away

Its a new month people. A long dark one, but HEY! In a couple more weeks thats all gunna change and its gunna start getting lighter out and we're going to be rocking this weight loss thing! Okay, too much happy lamp today...
Merry December all!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #2  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

thanks ghost for starting this...and for putting a little happy lamp in it whatever the **** that is, it sounds good. i was just noticing how for the entire month of november we were a tad down in the dumps. gotta switch gears somehow, someway. maybe when i get home i'll watch nightmare before christmas to cheer me up
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #3  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Here's hoping for a happy ending to a crappy year.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #4  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Everyone does seem to be somewhat down in the dumps. The lack of sunlight, the realisation the year is coming to an end (no matter how crappy it's been) is often a sad thing for me as I still find myself not really having done all the things I'd hoped for. But hey-ho, on we go December is enveloping us in her cold bosom but as mentioned above the days will get lighter and we will persevere and all shall be well again come spring

I have no idea why I'm in a good mood, I over slept and now have to rush my morning routine and I haven't eaten yet, but I'm positive and also applying for a new job which I REALLY hope I get. Fingers crossed!! I guess it helps that it's thursday and only two more days left of my crappy *** job before I get a whole weekend of surprises to look forward to - my bf has stuff planned cos it's my bday on monday. w00p!

I hope everyone enjoys their thursday
Old 12-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #5  
diosa

Good luck on the job, Maria.

So yesterday, my sis and I were waiting at the customer service line at Wal-Mart (I hate Wal-Mart with a passion, but my sis always seems to drag me there), and these two women were arguing because neither of them knew which one was supposed to be in front of the other. One of the women, who is pregnant and made sure everyone knew that, actually said she was going to meet the other one outside to fight. Tis the season for fighting I suppose.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Robot, That's crazy. The holidays are always a fun time. haha
Old 12-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #7  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I online shop for christmas because of how ridiculous people have gotton in the last few years. I was physically assaulted when Iworked ina barnes and nobel by a woman and ended up pressing criminal charges against her in 2000. I am so disenchanted with the materialism of the "holiday" anyways.

HAPPY THOUGHTS PEOPLE! This is a happy place...

Lets all take a line or two and write something positive.

Like: Last night a guy who likes me texted me many many times. It was cute nd evertime I heard the buzz of my text mailbox my heart skipped a beat and my tummy did a little flip...lol.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #8  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Thank you all for your kind words on the guy trouble . We're going to have another talk about it on monday (no, not to convince him that he has to like me anyway, but to make sure we can talk things through before we have to meet in front of other people). I'm quite positive, I think we can just stay friends. God knows we're both mature enough to step over this.

Oh, and I brought you another happy lamp. See:

Going2Bhealthy: I'm glad you had a good morning nonetheless!

Robot & ghost: That's just crazy. I also never want to work in retail again. I used to work for a drugstore some years ago, and my collegues were nasty and my boss was unable to communicate. One time, a customer shouted at me because I accidentally asked her twice if she wanted a bag, she scared me so much that I dropped her change whereupon she started shouting again. I can't think of something more trivial to get worked up about.

So, I've started my internship in Radiotherapy but I'm not too thrilled about it. There's very little to do for me and the surgeon I have to follow for the week has been less than helpful. (Me: "How many patients do you have today?" Him: "One, at eleven o'clock." Me: "Ooookay, where do I meet you then?" (not knowing anything about the place yet, it was my first day after all) Him: "Erm, I've got no idea, can't you ask someone else about that? Oh, I've got to leave now.." Me: "Hey, wait, where are you going, I still have things I want to ask you! ... too late") Also, the reception people haven't been very nice to me. Yeah, I haven't been here ever before and you have no practical system indicating where things are. That means I have to ask stuff every now and then. And I think that this should be possible as long as I do it in a polite way and with a smile. Which I do. Ugh, I can't think of something I dislike more than entering a new ward that I don't know at all. I always feel so uncomfortable.

Positive stuff! My aquarobics was great today. Food did not go too bad either but I really should stop eating chocolate. A 150 cal bar a day is not good for me. And I think I'm going to put up my christmas decorations now. Maybe it'll put me in the seasonal spirit.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #9  
diosa

Elwing - I'm sorry you're not thrilled with your internship. Hopefully, it'll get better.

Must think positive thoughts. Ummm, I helped my sister write a paper for her religion class and she got an A. She bought me lunch. That's positive! Other than that, I had a binge day. Uggg...
Old 12-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #10  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

A box of christmas balls just exploded into my room. That is to say, the christmas spirit got hold of me and I reacted by putting lights and bells and christmas balls everywhere (I found this huge box of unbreakable ones in the back of a cupboard). Now my room is covered in shimmering ornaments and I'm covered in glitters, sitting behind my cup of lemon zinger tea. I wish I had pics, it looks so cosy. I'd almost forgot that I'm living here on my own and celebrate christmas here!

I just had to share, it is december, after all?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #11  
diosa

Nothing like a Christmas ball explosion to bring us in the mood.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #12  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

elwing - your room sounds wonderful. so does the tea

positivity from the ollie: i got evaluations back today from my students. they were all glowing and all my kids said how much they loved having me as a tutor/teacher. screw the ornery profs!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #13  
diosa

Right on, Ollie!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:46 AM   #14  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Elwing, good luck with you and your boy shaped friend. As for your internship, some people just aren't helpful at all and have no idea how to communicate with others, persevere and hopefully things will take a better turn Your xmassy place sounds great. I think I'm just going to buy or make a few cute decs and hang them on my little decoration tree. There are currently some hand-made eggs I got from Hungary on there, time to change the theme i think, heh.

Yay for you Ollie!! It's great to get good feedback. I was the best performing member of my team yesterday - normally I'm at the other end of the scale - so let's hope I can keep it up again today.

Robot, thanks for the luck I hate shopping in town at the best of times but xmas is just mad. We were talking about xmas in general and saying how it ends up being such a stressful time, it seems silly to go through all the effort for one day! Mine will be pretty chilled (after my overtime) and no one has told me what they want as presents, so I'm just ignoring it for now, lol.

Ghost - I love when you're in that tummy fluttering, heart thumping place, it's great

My positivity is that my bf has planned a whole weekend of surprises for me which starts tonight AND I got my app in and I know I can totally do this job, so I'm feeling much more positive about my prospects. AND it's nearly the weekend AND I lost a couple of lbs this week, so it's all good here in sunny brighton

I hope you all have a great weekend
Old 12-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #15  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Hey everyone! Happy Friday!

Happy birthday going2bhealthy! I hopeyou have a great weekend!
Closed Thread