Old 12-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers ~ DECEMBER

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

WOW!! I almost forgot it is a new month...

The month of our SAVIOR'S BIRTH!!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

I know where has the year gone! I love this time of the year but i don't like all the spending it gets a little out of hand . I would rether just share a dinner and good friendship not a better gift!
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Spending does get out of hand doesn't it NITA ANN. Although my family is by no means wealthy and needs are all around, we are blessed. This year I made a suggestion for Christmas.....other than our extended family gift exchange which we have already drawn names for, and will have a big Christmas Eve celebration at my house....anyway I suggested that we buy from the World Vision catalogue. The idea was "jumped" on by my family. So myself, Angie, my son and dil, daughter and sil, step-d and my nephew will pool all of our resources and sit down and buy things for "others" instead of each other. Due to schedules, we will do this on Dec. 27th....my son and dil and daughter and sil looked through the catalogue last Saturday and are really excited....I know we will be getting a cow for someone...or at least that seemed to be the major gift idea....but we should be able to do more....so excited!

Here is the on-line catalogue ~ http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwv2...75941FEC863554

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-03-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 AM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

I really like that idea but I know my family they would never go for it. You have the true meaning of Christmas within your heart. I see people who don't have the money go out and spend money for presents to just impress people when they need to pay bills. Then they end up with no money to pay their bills. They really don't know the true meaning of Christmas. My cuz who is 95 serves soup to the needy in Indiana and makes homemade noodles and all the money she makes on her noodles goes to her church. She like you knows the true meaning of Christmas.
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

HI...I am new to this board but not new to 3fc. Dont know why I havent posted here before. I think Christmas is out of control in general..the buying part i mean. I had a friend tell me she is cutting her family back to just 3 gifts each. When they complain she is going to explain that Jesus got 3 gifts why should you get more than he got. I love the idea!! My kids are grown and we have our 1st grandchild to buy for this year. I think I am going to use the method on her.My kids are just getting 2 things each..and little things at that. All I really want for Christmas is to have my family beside me at church on Christmas Eve. My son and his wife and baby are not able to make it this year..maybe they will come the sunday before or something.
hugs to all
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #7  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Friends!

Gary-so glad you changed to a December thread. I think the rest of us would just go on and on and on and never realize it was a new month Your family has a great idea for Christmas. We have made a tradition of sharing with others in need every year, also, and we always have the kids help choose what we are doing. Really feel they need to understand that even though we are not wealthy and sometimes struggle, there are many others who have it much worse and we need to do whatever we can to help. That's one of the missions God has given us.

dgramie-Welcome to Christian Encouragers! Come back often!

Hope everyone else is having a nice day. Cold here with some snow. I'm already tired of that! DH is still working on the cars and some other chores that he needs to complete before his surgery Monday, since the rest of us know very little about actually fixing cars! The boys are learning, but don't trust them to repair a vacuum leak in the van's head gasket just yet

Take care, all! Keep the focus on the real reason for this wonderful season-our blessed Lord and Savior. It's so amazing that God loved us so much to send that little baby here to die for us. He is truly awesome!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

One thing DH and I really noticed through our recent move is how we already have more than we need. Each year, we try to give to some charity and we have made donations already to a local one. We look here to see if we can fill a need close to home first, then look elsewhere as well.

That's a great idea to make a specific donation to help someone else help themselves: I like the idea of the farm animals, wells for clean water, seed for crops, and the microfinancing for small businesses, becuz many people benefit by them (often a whole family or community).

This is a great thing to teach children by word and example during this season, as that is what GOD wants us to do: show Christ's Love to others by helping those who need help in a real and practical way!

We had an entire day of glorious sunshine; even saw the stars and a partial moon tonight. Hope everyone had a wonderful day! ROSEBUD ^^prayers^^ continue ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Just to let you all know...

My family is doing something special this Christmas

We have done special things in the past

We have failed to do it nearly as much as we have been blessed!!

We...me!...need to remember on days other than Christmas....that I am to give as I have been given!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Happy Friday all!
Gee, there are some great ideas here with regard to Christmas presents.
I would LOVE to trim down our buying at Christmas, I really find it excessive.
My husband and I have agreed to mimimize our giving to each other-but tomorrow we are shopping for our family and he always seems to overdo it then. My youngest is making homemade gifts for everyone (she has been hard at work for weeks!) and we are bell ringing for the Salvation Army next weekend. I have been inspired by your posts on giving.... Sorry for being MIA, I have bronchitis- got to the Dr today and my energy level is low.

Rosebud- how great to see that you have too much- and be so generous in heart. how is the new house?

Ronni- what surgery is your husband facing? (I havenot been here for a few days, forgive me). Sorry that you do not like the cold weather- guess we are stuck with it for awhile.

Dgamie- welcome! I look foward to getting to know you better.

Nita- your cousin sounds like a wonderful role model for your family- would they ever consider doing something similar- or even just helping a local food pantry?

Gary- thanks for starting a new thread. Sounds as though your household has their Christmas giving in check too......how blessed you are indeed.

I'd better go........its been a long week and I have to take my medicine, which they tell me will make me drowsy.
See you tomorrow
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

GINNY ~ The Salvation Army saved my brother's life! and prolonged my little brother's life for several years....I will always donate to them....ALWAYS!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:22 AM   #12  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ We had a great day; was able to go up town and do our shopping and errands and my legs didn't hurt today; yeah! Thank you, Lord! DH hung some seed bells and a suet ball in that big evergreen outside our kitchen window: that's our present to the birdies this year! Hope the Chicadees notice it tomorrow; another bird came by that kinda looked like a bluejay. Maybe he'll come back again, so we can have a better looksee.

GARY ~ I so agree with you about the SALVATION ARMY; great people -- great organization! I love the practical and spiritually faithful way they help people day after day, year after year ...

DGRAMIE ~ yes, my parents did something similar to that when we were kids; we got one large gift and a couple of smaller ones under the tree (usually PJ's or something else we asked for). My Grandparents were sock manufacturers and they would send us socks every year; and one year, my grandfather invented a sock for us kids made of half cotton and half wool, as we were allergic to the wool. Ironically, years later, my mother (their daughter) would make homemade socks of soft cotton, which I still have and wear today. Your post reminded me of those childhood memories ... haha!

GINNY ~ we've had lean years and blessed ones; and now I just consider them all blessed, as we have all we need. We are not rich by any means, but we have enuff to cover all our needs; and we are very grateful for that. For instance, our new place is costing us more, which means less discretionary funds, but it has some advantages for us on the other side: ie, we are saving on gas as we live in town now. We have to keep reminding ourselves to go up town to get the mail becuz we keep forgetting!

We are learning things from all these experiences and every place has its quirks, as you learn when you are living there a while. Overall, I am much happier to be living here, and we are finding ways to deal with the minor stuff. Our sweet landlord gave us a meat pie today as she made over a dozen of them this morning! WOWEE! She works hard; and may GOD BLESS her for her kindness to us!

HELLO TO ALL OUR OTHER FRIENDS here; hope you all had a marvellous day! Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^prayers^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-06-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

LAURIE ~I hope you are having a great time with your mom.....miss you around here.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Rosebud...maybe God knew what He was doing.....wink
Old 12-06-2008, 09:01 PM   #15  
Rosebud

HI COUNTING ~ we are all so glad you are back from your visit with your mom; hope you had a good time with her and that all is well there.

YES, GARY ~ GOD knew exactly what he was doing: we believe that GOD allowed those circumstances to happen so that we could move to a better place! I reminded DH about the story of Joseph in the old testament: he said that GOD allowed all those bad things to happen to him, so that down the road, he would be able to help his family and country (as well as Egypt) through that terrible famine; not to mention, the great spiritual lessons they all would learn through it too!

GINNY ~ I was thinking about my post to you yesterday, and realized that indeed, I AM A VERY RICH PERSON, because I know Christ and I have all that I need because of Him! I heard someone once say that his wish for Christmas was this ~ "That everyone would realize that they are rich, when they have enough!"

We had a good day; got some shopping done today. Decorated our tree this afternoon and we even finished off the outside decos this evening. Boy, is it cold out there; we had to keep coming in to warm up our fingies. Now, I have to finish writing and sending out our cards; plus decorate the inside a little bit too.

HELLO to all our other friends, especially all our MIA's who are quite busy; we hope you are all keeping well at this time.

Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUDprayers continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-06-2008 at 09:03 PM.