Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default December MediFast Chat

I'm starting it for the month! HI Y'ALL!

I'm down 16 lbs total! - Even LOST a pound during Thanksgiving! And THAT'S saying A LOT! Since I ate without abandon... even had FOUR pieces of Pumpkin Pie!

So now to get thru the December holiday parties, etc.... let's go! WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hello I just started today! I've done MF in the past, so here I go again! I have around 55-60 pounds to lose! I'm on my third MF meal today and so far so good! It's just the evening time that I'm worried about. Any advice would be great!

Last edited by Justsecretgirl; 12-01-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #3  
Very last time I hope

S/C/G: 216/200/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello -

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine was especially nice, I climbed on the scale on Thanksgiving morning and found that I had lost a total of 16 lbs since I started. I was so happy with my success that I ate very sparingly, I was afraid of undoing the result. So I am now exactly 200 lbs, if I keep up the losing streak I could be at my goal weight by July. Have a great week everyone.

Ella
Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #4  
Very last time I hope

S/C/G: 216/200/140

Height: 5'2"

just testing my ticker.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #5  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi everybody!!!

I'm back from Vegas! Poorer and fatter! Time to do something about the fatter part! I refuse to get on a scale! I was bad! REALLY BAD. i intended to get back on plan 2 days after Thanksgiving...but...My sister's dog ate most of the bars that I brought with me...that was all the excuse I needed to eat and drink everything in my path...They don't call it Sin City for nuthin!

So...I'm home...Tomorrow...I'm back on plan...I'll wait till this weekend before I dare face down a scale!

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! Weight loss during Thanksgiving! Incredible!!! Way to go!

DJ
Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #6  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Hey djay!~ sorry to hear you're "poorer & fatter" from your Vegas trip, but wasn't it a blast anyway?!?!?! I loved Vegas - course I haven't been since 1987... maybe someday I'll visit there again!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/213/130

Height: 5' 0"

Default Weekends the hardest

Hi all,
I've found that while I'm at work I'm fine, but on the weekends, in front of the tv, uh-oh. the cravings are first and foremost. I didn't know I could crave so intensely.

But I found a neighbor with a dog. that means I can walk the dog! love walking with a dog.

Good job everyone. I am down 6 pounds, from 213 - 207, even after turkey day! can't wait until I am able to get my ticker - is it after 20 days and 20 posts?

Terri
Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #8  

Terri I find it hard in the evenings as well. I haven't had a weekend yet, but I know I want to do this and I have to stick with it. 6 pounds is great by the way!
DJ I love Vegas! Glad you had a good time even if the dog ate your MF! Hahaa!
This was day two and so far just a slight headache last night. It's weird how I'm not even thinking about food. I need to increase my water intake though.

How much water do you drink each day??
Old 12-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #9  
Blue Blood

Hi Beachy! Yes Vegas was a Blast...I don't regret one cent or one pound...I'll get them off again. You should definatly go back if you haven't been since '87...The newer Hotels are AMAZING!

Hi Terri-Evenings and weekends can be a challenge. You have the right idea! It helps to stay busy.

Hi Jen-I make sure I get at least 64 oz. of water per day. (except in Vegas. Water is replaced by tequila ) I usually have a glass of water at my side all day long. I think drinking plenty of water helps ease the initial detox also.

I did well getting back on plan today. I thought I might be hungry today after all that eating last week...but I did just fine. Even started back on the 30 Day Shred. I decided to start over at level 1. It amazes me at how much easier it is now after having gone through all the levels. I remember the first time I did it ...I thought I would never be able to do the whole thing without a break. Great healthy things are happening!

Missy? How's it going with you?

DJ

DJ
Old 12-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #10  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybody,
I just wanted to say a quick hello before I head out for the day.
Hope everyone is well.
Susan
Old 12-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #11  

Hello to everyone! This is day 3 OP and I feel really good. I'm not sure how I'm managed to do it, but I did! YaY!

DJ what is the 30 day shread?

Question for everyone: What day did you notice the scale dropped when you first started?

Hope everyone is having a great Hump Day!!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #12  
I Can Do This

Hi Jen,
I think I waited all week & weighed myself on day 7.
I do remember though, that on day 4 I could tell my stomach was much less bloated. Glad to hear you are doing well OP.
Susan
Old 12-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #13  
Blue Blood

Hi Susan! Wow! You are really cruising along on the weight loss!

Hi Jen! 30 Day Shred is a workout dvd by Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Looser.

So far so good...2 days back on track. I don't have a choice. I couldn't help myself...I took a look at the scale yesterday. Up 8 lbs! Yikes! Well 2.6 lbs came off today...and hopefully there is still some more water weight that will be melting away...but I certainly have my work cut out for me! Wish me luck!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #14  

Thanks DJ I was wondering about that. I love Jillian, maybe I need to check that out.
Susan thanks for the input. I'm going to try not to step on the scale tomorrow.
As of today I was in Ketosis when I POAS.
Watching Biggest loser last night was sad, but we all knew that was going to happen. Vicki it so hateful, and I hope she doesn't win. I didn't think the makeovers were as good as some of the other shows. I can't wait to see who will win!
Hope everyone has a great evening!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #15  
I Can Do This

Good Morning Friends,

Hope everybody is well this morning.

Djay
- Im feeling like Im back full swing in the MF lifestyle, thank goodness..... I did not follow 100% the 2 weeks I was taking care of my grandmother, I didn't gain during that time but I didn't lose either and losing is what keeps me & most of us motivated. Glad to hear you enjoyed your Vegas trip, I've never been there but would love to go.
My cruise will be here in in just over 2 months and I know it will be very hard to stay focused with all those tropical froofie drinks onboard.
Did your sisters dog get sick from eating your MF bars?

Jen-Be sure to drink at least 64oz of water each day. The water does do wonders in helping us to lose weight & the added bonus of what it does for our skin is great. Keep up the good work.

Missy- I found these great charms of Disney characters, I will post a link later for you to see. How are the boys?

Last edited by TwoBThinAgain; 12-04-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Closed Thread