Old 12-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #1  
Brie

S/C/G: 157.5/157.5/125

Height: 5'3''

Default I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm soooooo proud of myself. I just got back from my very first OA meeting, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was. I just sat back and listened mostly, but it was very empowering. I am going to go to another one tomorrow. I think I've finally found my place in life...the place where I can work through the reasons I use food as a self-mulitating weapon, and god willing move towards a healthier lifestyle! Anyway, I'm gonna relax with my BF now and get some rest. Until tomorrow!!
brieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/199.5/150

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

YAY BRIE!!

This is really inspiring. I'm so glad to hear you went and how it was for you!

As they say, Keep Coming Back!
emmyphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:32 AM   #3  
Jools

Height: 5foot1.5inches

WELL DONE Brie!

This could be the step that breaks the bingeing habit.
4Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #4  

That's awesome!! I'm so glad you went.

I wish I could go to more than 1 meeting a week, but that's all that there is in my town.

Keep Coming Back!!
nicolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

YAY! Are those meetings everywhere? I would love to try one. I tried a WW meeting and that was SOOO not for me@!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #6  
Brie

S/C/G: 157.5/157.5/125

Height: 5'3''

I was planning on going to another meeting tonight, but I'm not going to be able to. I am going to go to one on Saturday morning and then again on Sunday morning, plus I'm going to give one of those online meetings a try too. I woke up this morning with a new sense of hope, and that is such a great feeling! A very new and great feeling! Amanda, have you tried the online meetings yet??
"Thighs be gone" I do believe that there are meetings everywhere. If you go to the overeaters annoymous website you can find a meeting in your area.
I have one wierd question...are you supposed to give money at the meetings you go to??
brieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #7  

Brie,

I haven't tried an online meeting yet. I keep forgetting about them, so what I need to do is write it in my calendar so I won't forget.

As far as money goes, they suggest that you donate to the fellowship since the fellowship is to be self supporting.
nicolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
YAY! Are those meetings everywhere? I would love to try one. I tried a WW meeting and that was SOOO not for me@!
You can pretty easily find meetings in your area by going to their website: www.oa.org

Way to go Brie!!!!!
tvalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 71 kg/71 kg/58 kg

Height: 5'5'' (165 cm)

Hi BrieB! Well done, I've also been to my first OA meeting this week and despite the sense of hope and optimism I've been also overwhelmed with knowledge that I'll have to be going to OA until I die etc. I've been even wondering whether I really need it ... no more - after being faced with some issues from the past and the fridge "answers" I don't have any doubts any more - my hope is in OA. I'm not only sure - should I go to OA meeting tomorrow or yoga, I guess I'll go to what meeting I need more tomorrow.
Amanda, I'm really lucky - living in London - I have option of OA meeting every day, however if there is only once a week in your town, maybe you should suggest that you meet more often, i bet all other members will benefit from more frequent meetings. in the OA literature I've read that the OA meeting can be of even 2 compulsive overeaters as long as they stick to 12 steps and tradition. More meetings could allowed different format.
Good luck to all of us with our journeys.
xxx
C elegance is offline   Reply With Quote