General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #1  
ben&jerrys

Hi, if you are following the Jenny Craig program and looking for support you've come to the right place.

I've been following Jenny Craig for two weeks now and have lost 3.3 pounds. Why haven't I lost more than 3.3? Well, I took 3 days off the program last week for a family emergency. When I say I took 3 days off, I mean I took them off without a second thought to Jenny Craig. Hey, I still lost .7 pounds that week.

My counselor was very good about my lapse into bad behavior. She pretty much told me that she would not scold me because I already knew what I had done. She followed that with a firm, but simple "When you decide to go off program you are deciding to exercise more that week to make up for it." Sure, that makes a lot of sense but I didn't do that before talking to her.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Kirsten

Old 02-14-2001, 06:50 PM   #2  

One of the things I like about Jenny Craig is is that I am learnining what feeling full is like without feeling stuffed, I never stopped eating till I was about to burst, this is a good thing to learn.

------------------
Kathleen144/134.5/125
Old 02-16-2001, 06:09 PM   #3  
ben&jerrys

Good morning Kathleen! I understand what you said in your last post. I can't count the number of times I ate until I was uncomfortable. I am so surprised that I eat this tiny meals and don't get hungry with 30 minutes. It only goes to show the power of portion control.

Old 02-16-2001, 06:42 PM   #4  

I have had a great couple of days. I am going out for dinner on Sunday and planning on what to eat, fish ( small portion) salad and 1/2 baked potato probably.

------------------
Kathleen144/134.5/125
Old 02-19-2001, 06:24 PM   #5  
ben&jerrys

Kathleen, how did your dinner out go? I hope you were able to stick to your plan. It is so inportant that we make a plan and follow it, otherwise it is too easy to get caught off guard.

My weekend went pretty well. I am hoping for a good weigh in on Tuesday.

Have a good day!

Kirsten

Old 02-20-2001, 08:47 AM   #6  

Thanks Kirsten, I ended up having a cup of lobster stew and a ceaser salad, not great choices but I kept my portions moderate and I was down a pound today which means I am at the half way mark. Now comes the hard stuff, learning how to eat real food.

------------------
Kathleen144/133.6/125
Old 02-20-2001, 06:24 PM   #7  
ben&jerrys

Congratulations Kathleen!

It is great that you are at your halfway point. Now, the price of meals will go down since you'll be eating only five days on JC.

I weigh in tonight. I'm retaining a lot of fluid with TOM and don't expect to see a loss tonight. Just glad to still be in the game.

Talk to you all soon!

Kirsten

Old 02-22-2001, 04:43 AM   #8  

Thanks for directing me to this site, Kirsten! I've been doing Jenny Craig for about a month but have lost almost NOTHING. It's my own fault, completely. The support is outstanding, I just haven't followed the program as well as I should. My husband is giving me a certain time period to lose some weight before he pulls the monetary plug! More then that, I need to get inspired (especially since i have so much to lose!). I'm in one of those "now or never" stages in my life! Oh well, I'm looking forward to reading about everyone else's success on JC!

Chris
Old 02-22-2001, 06:36 AM   #9  

Chris come on you can do it. This is the easiest program going, just eat only what they tell you for one week, just one week not the rest of your life, and see what happens.

------------------
Kathleen144/133.6/125
Old 02-22-2001, 06:45 PM   #10  
ben&jerrys

Kathleen, that is very good advice. I know that if I only ate what was on the menu the weight would be flying off me. I have decided to go off plan here and there, but follow it 80% and am losing weight slowly.

Chris, I have 50 pounds to lose and I have lose 5 in three weeks. Let's work at this together and see results together!

Yesterday I bought myself tulips for meeting my first 5 pound goal. I walked around the store with carmels in my cart, but before I went through the check out I put them back on the shelf. Why? Because I was so proud to have my 5 pound tulips in my cart. Chris, you should set mini goals and pick an inexpensive way to celebrate your achievements. I picked the cheap bunches of grocery store flowers. They were $3.99 and I would never buy them for myself otherwise. I figured $3.99 was relative to the $1.99 carmels I put back on the shelf.

Hang in there ladies!

Kirsten

Old 02-22-2001, 11:08 PM   #11  

Thanks for both of your support! I visited the first JC board and was very disappointed at how negative is was. You're right, Kristen, that this is the easiest plan (assuming one is willing to make the effort...which was my problem...I'm doing better now! Gotta drink that water!!!). I will set small goals, Kathleen. That's a good idea. Usually in the past, my goal "reward" would have been food related (does that make sense? Lose weight and then eat something bad as a reward!). Next time I drop 5 pounds, I'll buy a paperback book or something else nice. I appreciate both of your input and will stop back daily to see how you both are doing (and to keep you updated on my progress).

Chris
Old 02-22-2001, 11:15 PM   #12  

One day at a time, for today we can follow this plan exactly, I have really been pretty faithful to this plan and the weight is melting off, every day my scale goes down. I need to know I can have one dessert a day so my counselor and I make sure I get one, it is a small portion but knowing that is there at the end of the day keeps me legal. Also I use one of my milks for 2 no sugar added hot cocoas this works to curb sweet cravings too.

------------------
Kathleen144/133.6/125
Old 02-23-2001, 10:52 PM   #13  

I also like that they have the chocolate lovers diet...plus I'm breastfeeding so my caloric intake is out of this world! They actually ask me if I was able to get all the calories in. I laugh for about an hour and then have to wipe the tears from my eyes.

How much have you both lost???
Old 02-23-2001, 10:59 PM   #14  

I have lost about 8 lbs. I never understood people who said they had trouble getting all the food in on a diet. People are starting to notice htat I have lost weight. I am going away for the weekend and will eat at least 3 meals out so I need to be really careful about portion sizes since that is what I have chosen to concentrate on ( rather than exchanges or calories).

------------------
Kathleen144/133.6/125
Old 02-25-2001, 02:21 AM   #15  

Kathleen,

Congratulations on your 8 pound weight loss! I weighed in today and lost 3.8 pounds. I was very (!!) happy.

I hope you do well eating our 3 meals. Do you have your eating out guide? (of course by the time you read this it'll be a done deal...so DID you do well?).

Kristen - how are you tulips doing? I meant to tell you how great it was that you were able to put your carmels back. That shows a lot of will power. Do you crave carmels? Chocolate is my craving...don't know if I could have put it back...although with my weight loss this week I could have. So, you're 50 to go still? Keep me posted!

Chris
Closed Thread