Old 11-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #1  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Unhappy Last 10 Pounds...and STUCK!

Okay...I need some input. I have gone through this whole process pretty much staying OP...and I've lost 68 lbs. I write down everything I eat. My average weight loss has been 2 1/2 lbs. a week...a lot, I know, but I have never gone hungry.

Now that I have 9 lbs. to go, it doesn't seem to matter what I do...it takes me 3 weeks to take off one pound.

Who else has this happened to (I know you're out there) and what are your suggestions? Thanks!

Peggy

Last edited by Sige; 11-28-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #2  
Almost To Goal

Twenty-seven people have read this and NO ONE has any ideas??? Come on people LOL
Old 11-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/153.6/135

Height: 5'4

Hi, I hear you on being stuck. I really do think that when you have more weight to lose, it comes off faster, but then once you get down close to your goal, I think your metabolism slows down, and it is harder for you to lose weight.

I really don't have many suggestions, as I am struggling to lose weight too, but I would say, maybe change your exercise routine a bit, work a little longer or harder, and perhaps change your food too. Try and eat some protein with every meal, and don't go longer than 3 hrs. without eating. Perhaps you have already tried these things, and I don't have any other suggestions! Sorry,

Lori
mum24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Peggy,

It has taken me 3 months to get over my slump. I stayed op, I cut out cheese/pb, had all starches before 3. Exercised a little more. And nothing for months. I'd lost 1 lb with TO and keep it off and nothing until the next TO.

Then last week after 3 months of nothingness I woke up 2 lbs lighter. Then 2 days later another lb and then yesterday (3 days after the last lost) another lb down.

I have done nothing different at all. I had wanted to reach my goal weight Dec 12 and I am now 8 lbs away. Doesn't look like I will make it but for the last 3 months I have been 12 lbs away and now I am 8 lbs away.

I have no advice except for keep at it. (which everyone told me and I found less than helpful). But I did keep at it and now my body is ready..3 months after my mind was. LOL.
Good luck!
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #5  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

nothing has ever worked for me, it just comes off when it's ready sadly. I am 2.5 pounds away from my goal but it will probably take a month or more to get there.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Those last 10 lbs. are a real kicker... The problem is you're fighting the battle on several fronts, both mentally and physically...

On the mental side of it, you are ready, at least subconciously for this all to be over.. The goal isn't just in sight, your standing with your toes inches from the line. You brain is telling your body that it's done enough.. You're where you need to be and that the battle's won. As a result, your defenses are down a little. We all go through this.. I thought the last few would never come off.. I was yo-yoing horribly...

Then there's the physical side of things.. You're reaching your goal just as we're getting into the winter/holiday season. Temptations abound and your body, as it always does at this time of year, is going into conservation mode. Since it's cold outside, our desire for physical activity is less.. Let's see.. Walk a couple of miles while dealing with cold fingers and a runny nose or curl up on the couch with some hot chocolate and a blanket? Tough to decide, right? NOT!

So the trick here is to 1. Let it go a little.. Stop trying so hard, as that just makes the lack of loss harder to deal with... But at the same time, don't do anything to counteract your recent successes... It's very easy to just give up at this point, saying "I've done enough"...

2. Come up with some inovative changes... The old standbys still count.. Eat your starches early in the day, and keep them light.. That said, if it's been a while since you've gone to subway, have a 6 inch turkey breast for lunch.. Load up on the veggies and enjoy it... Once, while close to my goal, it seems I was eating nothing but salads and my COD counselor told me to start looking to enjoy eating again.. Take a break and indulge a bit (on plan, of course)... To that end....

3. Come up with some new recipies.. There's a ton of great stuff in the recipe forum.. Make eating on plan fun again.

4. If you're overcompensating by exercising more, be sure to follow up immediately with lean proteins and fruit after your workout (not a whole meal's worth, but say no more than 3oz. of chicken).. That continues the calorie burn and keeps you from snacking on bad stuff later.

5. Don't freak out.. Just let it happen...

Once I hit my goal, suddenly, I couldn't stop losing and ended up 10 lbs. lower beyond it..

You can do it!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Peggy, I know how hard it is... It took me about 4 months to lose the last 10 pounds, and even that was not to my original goal. I decided that I was OK at a higher weight. Perhaps you are just in a plateau. The longer you diet the more of those you encounter. Don't get frustrated. Look at how great you've done! 68 pounds is a huge accomplishment! You have the whole rest of our life to get rid of the last 9 pounds. In fact victory would be staying in the 160's for the rest of your life (hopefully in the lower half though). So you are almost there, and those last few are not going to be anywhere near as life changing as the first 68 were, so don't obsess about it, just enjoy where you are today, since I bet it feels pretty great.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #8  
Almost To Goal

Thanks you guys...this is a big help! I am so sick of writing down every single thing that I eat lol...!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #9  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Yup I know that feeling. I started at 176. I am now down to 158. I really want to be 150 or even 145 but my motivation isn't the same. I totally understand what Dan is saying.
I think part of our brain tells us we have done enough because all of a sudden we look good. For me, especially with Christmas coming and another vacation, I am worried. I need to get on a scale everyday so I am accountable. I find that if I gain a pound, it makes me work harder the next couple of days. I have maintained my weight on my own for the past few weeks and want this so bad. I really don't think I will gain weight back. I just hope that I can continue to lose it!!!!
Good luck Peggy. If you come up with any great ideas, let me know cause I am totally with ya sister.
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Sige, have you ever heard of HIIT? I have gotten more results from this than anything activity wise. If you haven't already I would totally cut back on any processed foods and especially artificial sweetner if you are using it. Good luck and please let us know how it's going. Congrats on your loss!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote