Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #1  
Workin' It

Default Unusual question that is probably TMI... :)

I don't have anywhere else to ask this, so I'm going to throw it out there and see what happens. Warning: I don't do well with the euphemism so I'm going to lay it out there, as delicately as possible. :-)

I've been exercising regularly since May - elliptical trainer, stationary bike, weight training, yoga, kickboxing are my typical exercises. Well, DH has noticed that I seem to have a lot more control of my pelvic muscles lately and can squeeze them pretty tightly during sex. I looked up Kegel exercises, and I seem to have the same results that I would have from doing those regularly, just haven't been doing any of them.

Anyone else notice this side effect from exercise? Is it maybe from the yoga?

I'm blushing just asking the question.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #2  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Umm... even if you aren't targeting those muscles specifically, I'll bet that any lower body workout could inadvertently effect and strengthen these muscles as well. And personally I found that the more muscle tone and strength I have, especially core strength, the better everything is.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm wondering if it might not be the yoga? I can see how those muscles would be worked by holding poses.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #4  
Workin' It

I added a "Hips, Buns & Thighs" 20 minute yoga program about four weeks ago. I bet that has something to do with it...
Old 12-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #5  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

OMG- Shannon, is it the Yoga on the Comcast's On Demand fitness center? My butt just feels amazing, if I say so myself, after a few weeks of "Chair pose"! No exciting additions to my sex life, though- but there SHOULD be a Yoga class just for that! Imagine- "Yogasms- Yoga for the Bedroom"- sign me up! Hee hee.
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #6  
Workin' It

Hi Circebee, yes it is the one on Comcast on Demand. The one with goofy Tom Morley - I love his workouts for some reason. I even bought "Cardio Yoga" from exercise tv online when they pulled it off On Demand. Something about the fact that he loses his balance sometimes and doesn't take himself too seriously makes me feel more comfortable. That one legged chair pose kills me, though!
Hey, I'm all for your "Yogasms" class! I imagine more people would do yoga if that was the target!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Dang. I gotta start doing more of the On Demand stuff!

I have noticed (and my guy has noticed) that when I started being able to hold a plank for a while, I had more control as well.

Something else that I do (ahem - warning ... adult content ahead) is sometimes insert a set of smart balls while I'm on the elliptical. It causes you to tighten the kegels while working out ... and it feels pretty good too.

And as a seriously non-sex related side effect - I used to have a little bit of stress incontinence, especially when I was tired. If I sneezed unexpectedly (w/out time to tighten up) or if I coughed really hard, I would leak a little urine. That hasn't happened in a VERY long time. So it's a really nice change in my body.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #8  
Workin' It

I have gotten better at plank over the last few months. Hmm...

Thanks Photo! I'm intrigued by the smart balls, thanks for sharing!