Old 12-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default 30-Somethings Monday chat 12/1

Morning all! Sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving weekend, we did too, so Now it's back to business! I got DH off to work, had my protein shake, got a great strength training workout in this AM and now it's time to wake the kids for school & get ready for work.

Lauren~I thought I was the only one with adult ADD, thank goodness I am not alone! I swear, I start cleaning the kitchen, find something that belongs int he laundry room, go to take care of that and realize the laundry room needs attention. By the time I get back into the kitchen, I am whooped and then I realize that I didn't accomplish a bleepin thing in there yet.....and so it goes, on and on!

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll probably check in later.
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all... I guess.

I had to work all weekend and was completely exhausted. Yesterday, I had off. The plan was to take my kids shoe shopping and then sit on my butt the rest of the day until I was going to color my hair after dinner. We ate lunch late so we planned a later dinner for around 7pm.

At exactly 7pm, I heard something hit the kitchen floor. Seems my husband was sharpening the big chef's carving knife and it slipped off of the sharpener and went 1/4 of the way thru his thumb!! We spent the entire night in the ER and had dinner at 11pm when we got home. The doctors were amazed that he had no nerve or tendon damage since it was so deep. The cut goes long-ways down his thumb...

So now this morning, his car won't start. We call AAA and the tow truck guy just came and took the car to the shop which (thank god) is across the street. I am in a panic now. The car is a '97 Blazer and we just cannot afford a car payment. Just the cost of the repair alone could be devastating.

So say a prayer that it's nothing serious. I have to go to work by 10 and work til 5 so I won't even be able to drive him anywhere... geez...

Have a good day everyone...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in. I'm 38 & in TX.

Poppyseeds, so sorry to hear about the streak of bad luck @ your house. I hope the week gets better and the truck will be able to be fixed without too much cost.

I am having dental work done now--three appt. this week! I know it's going to cost an arm and a leg but it needs to be completed before 1/1. I am looking to curb costs any way I can this next few weeks. I think we will be doing lots of beans, lowfat cornbread and on sale produce. Nothing wrong with that though--I am thankful for it too.

Hope everyone has a fab week.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #4  

Poppyseeds - I am sorry you had such a rough day! Hopefully things will start to brighten soon for you!

ThighsBeGone - UGH on the dental work! I hope all goes well for you!

I have a few minutes of piece to myself. Two boys are napping and my eldest is playing with his trains. I am feeling a bit tired today. My youngest is waking up a lot during the night. I think he is teething I just hope these teeth make an appearance soon!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone, been a hectic and crazy day. I actually just went and worked out for 30 minutes on the bike just so I had some exercise (oddly, I'm starting to sort of really need to do it 5 to 6 days a week now). Anyway, I had a question, anyone get knee pain? I get it a lot in my right knee when I'm peddling on the bike mostly. For a time, it seemed to be okay, but it's starting to really bother me. Any suggestions by chance?

Hope you all had a good Monday!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/169/150

Height: 5'5"

I had an incredibly busy day at work. You always wind up paying for a long weekend, and today was no exception. I'm recovering from a grueling workout (hello hammies and glutes), so took today off to rest, aside from walking to and from work.
hush hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

My one year old is teething too and it is horrible for her. I give her Tylenol at night to help her. Her gums look red and swollen and you can feel the molars just sitting there. I feel so horrible for her. I am procrastinating the treadmill right now. I should get off the computer and just do it.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote