South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #1  

Default specialo diet

for colonostophy Tuesday and Wednesday.Anyone ever have to do that?I am planning on getting right back on phase 2 Thursday, but I am wondering if I should go to phase 1 instead?
Any thoughts?
I am worried about going off the diet and then, having to get back on. I have been known to go off a diet and not go back on it for a year.I really don't want that to happen to me because I have been doing pretty good on this lifestyle of eatingI lost 15lbs and have 15 more to go.
Tests are necessary as I am bleeding internally and they need to find out where it is coming from.

Please say a prayer for me.
Thank you all for all your support and help.

Jane
Janediet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Hi Jane,

Sorry you are bleeding internally, hope they find it! In the meantime, go offplan for the duration, then try p2... if you find yourself having cravings then revert back to p1 for a few days to make the cravings go away. What I love about this plan is you can always get back on track where you left off, or start new when needed! The only way to make any weightloss successful is to allow yourself an occassional treat, but make sure you climb right back on the horse afterward and not beat yourself up if you stray too much.
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jane, I will pray for your good health and hope your colonoscopy goes smoothly. The special liquid diet you'll have to follow prior to your procedure shouldn't affect whatever phase of South Beach that you are presently on; in fact, you'll probably discover that you've lost a few pounds. If you are on Phase 2 now, I'd continue on that phase after your colonoscopy.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I just did this last month. I had SF jello (no red or orange) and lots of broth. Also had light white grape juice. I have to tell you I got extremely hungry trying to eat SF stuff and I got very nauseous drinking the prep, so I ended up drinking some regular Pepsi in the evening. My weight was stable afterwards (I'm on maintenance). I was a teeny bit disappointed that I didn't lose a little afterwards.

Good luck & prayers going up for you!

Last edited by murphmitch; 12-01-2008 at 07:48 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote