Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default Losers and Friends 12/1-12/7

Hi everyone - hope all my US friends had a Happy Thanksgiving. We had a busy weekend - left Friday AM for the Finger Lakes for 3 days - that's what my BIL wanted to do for his 50th B-day. We had a ton of fun, tasted a lot of wine, purchased about a case of various types. Depsite all of that, all in all it was not a bad weekend, diet-wise - got lots of walking exercise!

Final presentation for my class tonight! Yay! I am switching to an all-online program next semester. We will see how that goes.

I haven't read the end of last weeks thread, so I'm sure I need to catch up on a bunch of stuff. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Last edited by Kimphin; 12-01-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! It is a dark grey, sit by the window and drink coffee in your jammies kind of morning at my house. I love it!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey all..

Had a great long weekend.. Tough to come back to work today, but I have a short week planned, so it's bareable...

Hope you all stayed close to POP, but if not, let's get back at it.. If I can do it, so can you!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone! I pretty much stuck to my plan for Thanksgiving, but did have a couple of yeast rolls, I'm up 1lb, but am doing takeoff today and tomorrow and am sure that it will be gone by wednesday.

I hit the sales on friday and ended up buying about 3-4 outfits for myself instead of doing any Christmas shopping... I know, sounds selfish, but I can't help myself... I will finish the Christmas shopping in time, I WILL finish the Christmas shopping in time!

I love the outfits I got, include a size 4 pair of DKNY jeans and a size 6 Ann Taylor Loft dress (on sale for $13 - how could I resist???)! OH and I also found a pair of Banana republic crop jeans for $6.97! When I tried them on I came out to look in the 3-way mirror and then went back into my dressing room to change out of them, when I came out of the dressing room again the woman that was waiting for her daughter by the door said to me "I sure hope you are getting those! They looked great on you!" That was an awesome feeling!!! I promise myself that after rebuilding my wardrobe I will work hard to stay in these sizes and be aware of stretchy jeans that are stretched too far! I am also working on keeping my closet organized so that I can take care of these nice things I have invested in!

My parents were here for the holidays - I love spending the day with my mom! No one in the world I'd rather shop with! The kids really enjoyed having them here, my oldest DS spent hours on end working on building a motorized car with grandpa... it was so sad when they left - he tried to handcuff himself to grandpa and then chased their truck down the street as they drove off... brings me to tears just thinking about it... but life needs to get back to normalcy sooner or later.

Kids are back in school today and I'm back to work. I plan to use my lunchbreak for the next few weeks to get the Christmas shopping completed... no eating out for me!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #5  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Remember me? It's Felicia - slinking back with my tail between my legs. I've gained back quite a bit, but am not where I started last time. I just started back yesterday. It feels good to be back on a plan that I know will work if I stick to it.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #6  
Katie

Hey Felicia!! Good to see you. How are things?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone. not much going on here today. i've had a headache for a few days...ugh. just wish i would go away.
anyways...hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Felicia! Sweetheart, you are always welcome back! It is good to "see" you. I've seen you be so successful in the past, and I know you want to set a better example for your kids. I really truly wish I had been a better role model to my DD, at least as far as eating goes. I joined LAWL right after she started college though.

Jillian, I hope you are feeling better! I suppose you are going to have your good days and your bad days.

Julie, I think 1 pound is just a normal fluctation... I can gain that from drinking a diet coke (not sure what causes that but I'm always up a pound if I indulge in one). Well not permanently, just for a day....

This weekend was not so restful to me. My DD got into a car accident. She is fine, but she swerved to avoid hitting a cat and hit two parked cars. This is her 4th accident and she is just shy of 20 years old. Her little truck seems like it can be repaired for not a lot of money, so that is a relief. We think that the insurance company is going to exclude her from coverage. So it seems that she might not be driving for awhile, but she does live about 2 blocks to the university and 4 blocks to a safeway, so she should be fine. Heck I didn't always have a car when I was at school, and I was a lot further from campus.

I got so uptight and stressed and then slept funny and woke up hardly able to move without huge pain, so that kind of did not help my exercise a lot plan. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday flat on my back. I'm better now, but still didn't think that spin class was a great idea this morning.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 12-01-2008 at 05:54 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #9  
Katie

Barb- How did your sister do with Thanksgiving?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #10  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Hello All!

Been out of the loop for a while and on vacation. Haven't been around too much, but plan on being around a little more regularly. Hard to chime in at work, but want to get on at least once a day.

Hope everyone is doing well. I gain a little bit back on my cruise, but only about 1/2 the average for cruising. I am on take-off yesterday and today. I joined a health club. I get a great discount through my company and can do Month to month so if I don't like it there I can leave ond only be out my $29 processing fee and my monthly dues that techincally I am not out those since I used the Gym. I have been trying the Body Pump, Turbo Kick, and Body Flow classes. I want to try a cycling class, but I still haven't decided on that one yet.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am glad to be back and see you all.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just thought i'd check in and say hi. nothing much going on here...just pretty blah.
i have my ultrasound next friday, and at first DH and i decided not to find out the sex of the baby, but i'm so impatient that i can't see myself waiting until the birth. so i've got a week to decided weather or not we're going to find out (that is, if the baby cooperates!). there are pros and cons to both sides, but i'm just so torn. my mom says wait and it'll be the best surprise ever and i can totally see how it would be, but i'd like to stop calling the baby "it" (we most times call it a "he" because we both want a boy) and i'd like to know in advance so i can get used to a boy or a girl. know what i mean?
anyways..yeah. so that's what's been going on with me lately. and now the time is coming next week..so i've gotta decide soon.

hope everyone is doing well. btw--where is everyone at? nicole, amy, jersey amy...ect? c'mon guys!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, I can see both sides. I wanted to know. It is a surprise when you find out no matter when it is... LOL. I just like to be prepared more than I like to be surprised.

Katie, My sister was doing pretty good considering. She did something totally different for Thanksgiving, as I don't recall her coming down here once in the 14 thanksgivings we've been in Portland. So that was good. She is going down to spend Christmas with my Dad near Palm Springs, and that is great, since my dad is going through a divorce and it might be a really sad Christmas for him too. She is seeing a grief counselor, but still is not back to work yet. I thought she seemed pretty good, but I think she had her step daughter Nicole to focus on, and that was really really good for her. She also stopped by and visited with my DD, and that went well...

Kelly, Cruises are just not good for the waistline, but whatever was gained can be lost again, especially with all that working out. What is a Body Flow class?

I think there must be a lot of post Thanksgiving guilt out there, as it sure is quiet in here today.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #13  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi all!

Just wanted to thank you for your donations! Our team was able to raise $2585.53! Which is awesome! The total between all the team registered at the Ho Do was over $11000.00! Without your participation we would have never been able to pull it off! Thanks for your help in raising funds and awareness about prostate cancer, it is so important to educate the men in our lives.

And a special thanks to you Katie! Thanks for donating!

Last edited by cecil; 12-02-2008 at 01:37 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #14  
Katie

Barb- I am so glad to hear that. I have been thinking about her.

Cecilia- WOW!!! Thanks so much to you for your efforts.

Jillian- I was always too impatient, and just HAD to know.

Hey Kelly! Good to see you!

Nicole- WTF?
Old 12-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #15  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

hiya all! I am just stopping by to check in. I have been missing out on some of my portions and have been stuck because of that. Back on track today! How is everyone doing? *hugs*
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote