Old 11-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Tai Chi, anyone?

Does anyone around here follow a tai chi video or class? I know it's not a huge "calorie burner" but it has really made me feel in touch with my body.
Anyone else have experiences with it?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I absolutely love it! I think people really under estimate ta chi. It's fantastic for the mind and the body
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #3  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I took a Tai Chi class last year for my gym credit. Very relaxing, I liked it a lot. It's a good cool down/warm up if you just run through a couple sets (I can't think of the correct word at the moment).
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I wish it was better known, it's so great, and it makes you feel wonderful. I feel so in touch with my body afterwards.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:18 AM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I took Tai Chi in the past, for about 2 years. The first year was a basic class, to learn the "stick" set and to chisel it a bit, and then the second year was more advanced, when you already know all the moves and you practise the form etc. I loved it as I love everything martial arts related and I am sorry I did not continue.
Sometimes I think I would like to do it again but I am spending 6 days a week at the gym already and there just is not time for everything.
It is deceptively 'easy' to perform a set but I was always sweaty afterwards. Not hugely, just a bit. It is an excellent way to keep the joints flexible although I swear one has to Oriental to achieve the perfect fluidity - they must have it in their genes. :-)
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #6  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

Sadly I haven't had a chance to take any Tai Chi classes, though I've been greatly craving to. I took a Kickboxing class just last quarter at my college, & I think they might offer Tai Chi, but I'm seriously a bit scared at the prospect. From what I understand about Tai Chi, it seems like it would be the easiest to perform when you're a bit more in-shape than I am.. =[ I think I generally tend to let my weight dissuade me from public workouts & classes of the like though, so maybe I'm just making excuses; it was about time I get over my phobia anyways! I'm trying to start by getting a membership at the college gym. Lol, I think that's kind of cheating though because I'll have my GF, as well as my sister, to work out with. What are your opinions? Definitely worth taking the class, despite my social phobia? Let me know!
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote