Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Exercise truth or myth?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but someone told me this so I figured I'd ask the chicky experts!

I do about an hour and ten minutes a day, 45 minutes cardio, running usually and about 20 minutes of weightlifting and sculpting. Is it true that doing it before your usual dinner gives you a chance to not only refuel your body, but at the same time "burns it off" faster because your metabolism is still elevated after your workout?

I cook things that are fast and easy to make. Like a lot of us, I'm a busy person. Last night after my workout I had 2 corn tortillas (6" diameter) filled with 2 ozs of lean sirloin each, lettuce, tomato and a touch of hot salsa with a side of black beans. It basically took me 4 minutes to make dinner. My husband told me that since I just worked out that I would feel hungry before bed because my metabolism was still raised. I usually don't feel hungry before bed. But yesterday I was. I just had a couple pints of water but I WAS hungry. I wasn't sure if I was hungry because he told me I would be (since I'm fairly susceptible to placebo effect.) Or if by some miracle of science, he was actually right. (A rare occurrence, trust me.)

Any expert opinions?
nods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I am not 100% sure if this is true, because I am still new at this. But I do know that my SO is constantly telling me the same thing and I do notice on the days that I workout hard that I am very hungry afterwords.

That is just my opinon, some of the other ladies might have a better explanation for you!!

Here is a short article that I found:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...21/ai_83911021

Last edited by AngelMae; 11-23-2008 at 11:26 AM.
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I can't answer your specific question but I would say up your fresh vegetables intake and water intake if you are extra hungry. There is no need for hunger.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote