General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Economy Got'cha Down?

Don't you just hate reading the morning paper headlines? As a rule I usually go right to the sports page....the important stuff

But lately I find myself looking on the front page of the Los Angeles Times....hey! some of it is true .....just to see "who" collapsed the day before.

I am one of the lucky ones to still be working...how long is very iffy to say the least. The company I work for builds and remodels car dealerships....haven't seen anyone sell a car lately

In fact the project I am on now released 20 of the 26 salespeople they had last week along with most of their parts people....bummer.

I have found myself "passing" on food items that are over priced in the store. I am considering dropping a cable box and a newspaper, eliminating the garage fridge...minor things for now.

Angie and I skipped on Trans-Siberian Orchestra tickets and Grease this week....things we would have bought tickets for a few months back.

For Christmas we have decided to not buy the kids things, other than some jewelry Angie has already bought our girls, and will get together as a family to make a donation to World Vision and purchase something more "worthwhile" for someone else.

Tough times ~ Hard times ahead....

We will survive! Lord willing

Your thoughts?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

FOR SURE!!!!

DH is in the car business and has not been doing much since about March! Come on economy....pick back up!!!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

We're seeing the crunch here with contractors (no longer building houses) and even the natural gas fields. With gas prices going down, including natural gas, they are seeing a slow down in production.

However, I saw a story about the Great Depression that made me realize just how lucky we are. The things that we are cutting out pales in comparison to what the folks of that era had to cut out. We have some hard times ahead of us, but we are a blessed nation.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote