Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/196/170

Height: 5'4

Default Wii Fit Game, is it worth it

Does anyone use the WII Fit game, is it any good? I am thinking of buying it, does anyone have one? Do you like it, hate it ? Is it worth the money/
homemade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: Height: 5'4"

I like it. For us it was quite worth it. I use it everyday to weight myself and three times a week to excercise. My dh uses it to weigh and excercie 6 times a week. When we first got it it was quite fun and exciting to do the excercises in order to open up more features etc.

There are some down sides: it lectures you! As you may know a persons weight can vary + or - 2 pounds a day. Well if you show a loss of 2 pounds in 1 day or a gain of 2 pounds in 1 day the stupid machine either lectures you that you are losing too fast or demands why you have gained weight. Then you have to click a reason for the weight gain. (And I'll tell you right now TOM is not one of the options) THEN it tells you that it is normal for your weight to vary up or down 2 pounds!!!! ARRRG.... LOL.

Overall, for us, the game is worth it! It has motivated us to lose weight and get in shape. Well worth it!

Check out the WiiFit challange thread in "Chicks up for a Challange" .

Last edited by Patt0; 10-26-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Patt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305.4/TICKER/160

Height: 5'3" (160cm)

I havnt tried that game, but I do LOVE Dance Dance Revolution!! Its a fun way to get your heart pounding, and it's enjoyable for all ages Many difficulty settings, and many many songs
awlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/217/150

Height: 5'7

I really like the Wii fit game, mainly for the balance games. I don't like the BMI thing on it, because it's true about gaining or losing 2 pounds a day. So, the game always yells at you.

The Jillian Michaels game is a lot of fun as well. I may ask for Dance Dance Revolution for Christmas.
sassygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #5  

I wish I could get the Jillian Michaels game for the balance board! It doesn't appear to be available in Canada.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

The jillian michaels game has really bad reviews. I was going to get it but I decided against it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #7  

Really? Bad Review? Is it badly executed or what? The netplace I go to check review wouldn't like the game anyhow.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #8  

Smile Wii game

Thanks everyone for your comments about the Wii, I am going to check it out, and if anyone has any suggestions for other games with great workouts I would love to hear about them

Sassygrrl, great!! a game that yells at me, well I may yell back, heheh

Awlass does the Dance Dance Revolution have the floor pad,,,? I am new at the Wii game, but love how you get active with it, I really love the boxing game, what a workout. I am looking to buy new games that will give me a great workout

Patto (a little off topic, is that a Papillon in your photo??, I have two, they are the best dogs ever)
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #9  

Default Wii Game

PattO

Can you tell me where to find the Wii challang thread ? Sorry I am still new at finding things on here, thanks
Lynda
Old 10-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #10  

Homemade: Here is the thread:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146539

And yes that is a Papillion and yes he is the best boy dog ever! We have to say that in our house so the big dog (golden) doesn't get her feeling hurt! She is 13 yo and quite sensitive! LOL. You have 2 of these little dogs tearing around your house? It must be exciting if they are anything like ours. He is an absolute nightmare (we got him after he was returned to the breeder for being reactive), but we love him to pieces!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Patt0 - I trust Amazon.com reviews for a lot of stuff. Its not a normal 'gaming' site although some of the gaming sites may give some insight into why it is so bad. So far it is getting 2 out of 5 stars on Amazon which is BAD.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #12  

Thanks Patt0
I will check it out. My Paps are completely opposite, they are 4 & 7 years, the younger one is crazy, jumps & plays all day, the older likes to laze around & be petted.(not sure if that is a word, oh well)
Old 11-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #13  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

We have the Wii Fit and I do like it though I haven't done it in a while (boy is she going to ream me when I go back, LOL!) I just got the Jillian Michaels video but DH has been home sick and monopolizing the tv with the Wii. I'm also babysitting an infant now (4 months) and trying to work in working out with his schedule because by the time he goes home and my own get back from school, I'm tired, and we have the homework/dinner bewitching hour and I sure don't feel like doing anything at that point.
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #14  

Default Yes, it is!

I use the Wii Fit everyday, and I never get bored because I chose what my workout is! Most of the exercises are like fun games (ie; Ski Jump, Tight Rope, Rhythm Boxing, Steps, ect.) As you use the Wii Fit more games start unlocking.

The best part is that it tracks your progress for you. Every time I get on I see my graph decline and it tells me how much weight I've lost. If I've gained weight, it asks me why and makes me actually think about the fact that I've gained weight. It works to put you back in focus. It's the best way to start off your day.

I totally recommend purchasing Wii Fit to everyone, even my best friend recently purchased one after playing it at my house.

Hope that helps!
TimeforChange326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #15  

thanks Timeforchange, it sounds fantastic, but of course I can't find one anywhere, I have my name on a couple of lists so I really hope I get lucky