Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 12:26 AM   #1  

Just adding my two cents. In the past I found I did lose a lot of weight while following the WW123 plan ( the most being 68 lbs. to be exact). Unfortunately, I would gain the weight back very easily. I needed to take a long hard look as to why and when
I had been eating. I find the flexibility of
123 tremendous! I presently, cannot afford to attend the meetings. Maybe some day in the future. OA has helped me investigate the reasons I overeat. It's been a slow process...I've only lost 15 lbs. since November, but I have found I am growing by
leaps and bounds spiritually as well as emotionally. I find the combination of these
two programs very beneficial! I hope you're
finding out the same...God bless!
Old 02-18-2001, 02:40 AM   #2  

Welcome to this board,Kelly. You're doing well. Remember, slow is faster than not at all!

loyall
Old 02-24-2001, 05:08 AM   #3  

HI I AM NEW HERE. I TOO HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULL ON THE WW123 PROGRAM TWICE I LOST WEIGHT GETTING 6POUNDS AWAY FROM MY GOAL AND THEN KEEP TRYING BUT CAN'T STOP EATING THE THINGS I SHOULDN'T. IN THE PAST YEAR I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO START UP AGAIN AND THEN JUST MANAGED TO GAIN THE 35 POUNDS I HAD LOST BACK. I KNOW I AM AN EMOTIONAL EATING OVER EATER. I KNOW WHAT WORKS I JUST CAN'T GET MYSELF TO EAT WRITE. I REALLY COULD USE SOME FRIENDS IN THE SAME BOAT. I LIVE 75 MILES AWAY FROM THE NEAREST WW MEATINGS AND CAN'T AFFORD THE TIME OR GAS TO DRIVE THAT FAR ONCE A WEEK. I AM A STAY HOME MOM. THANKS FOR LISTENING. MW (MY USER NAME IS SILLY)
Old 02-24-2001, 05:16 AM   #4  

IS THERE A PROGRAM FOR OVER EATING PROBLEMS? COULD ANYONE SUGGEST ANY GOOD READING MATERIAL OR WEB SITES? LIKE I SAID BEFORE I LIVE TOO FAR FOR ANY MEETINGS. I USED TO GO TO MEETINGS AT THE CHURCH BUT THEY CANCELED IT. THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO ATTEND. THANK YOU, MW
Old 02-28-2001, 04:39 AM   #5  

Look in the white pages of your phone book for Overeaters Anonymous. Perhaps there is a meeting near you. Or check the World Service website. I think it is www.overeatersanonymous.org (or .com) This is THE best program for compulsive overeaters. No dues or fees. As we say, "Give us several meetings. If you don't like the program we'll refund your misery." Good luck!
loyall
Old 03-01-2001, 12:55 AM   #6  

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2001, 08:51 AM   #7  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hi just wanted to pop in with another good site:

www.somethingfishy.org

Good luck!

babette
Closed Thread