Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 328 / 326/ 199

Height: 5.2

Default Shocked at pictures.

Ok this is going to sound strange, but i hope there are some of you that have this too.
You know how anorexic people look in the mirror and instead of seeing bones they see a fat version of themselves?
Well im the reverse.....dont get me wrong i dont look in the mirror and think i look like a super model, im under no illusions that im over weight. But i dont always see a giant blob.

However, last night i asked hubbie to take some pictures of me so i can chart my progress once ive lost some more.
I looked at them this morning and am in shock. i looked huge, seriously there's this huge great belly and thats all you see.

I had just got in from work and was in black trousers and a top. I always thought i looked quite smart for work, but seeing that picture was awful.

Im blaming my jeans, i think they must hold it in so im delusional about my size.

I suppose one good thing is i am now more determined than ever that i will not look like this in the new year.
amyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It really is odd how we fool ourselves into thinking we're "not that fat" when in fact, we are. Photos really do blow that whole story.

One of the ways I woke up to my own reality was that I stood in front of a full length mirror naked and took in what I saw.

You can use your photos as motivation! Be sure to take new ones as you go, and remember that at first you may not see much difference, but as time goes by you'll see more and more...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 328 / 326/ 199

Height: 5.2

Thank Jay, I think i might wait till i go for the naked full length mirror.....dont want to depress my self too much.

Plan to take new pictures every month so i can see the difference.......
amyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #4  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Seeing photos of myself back in September really shocked me into finally changing my life. While I still have a bad vision of myself, I'm working on improving that as I become healthier and lose the weight.

That said, don't feel alone, there are lots of us out there who are the same way. Just be firm in your decision to be healthy and happy and things will change.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It's so "funny" about pictures. I allowed myself to be photographed so little back in the day, but when I would see a rare picture of myself, I would think, "gosh, I look soooo much heavier in photos then I do in real life". Yet the rest of my family looked the same exact size in the photos and "real life". I didn't quite get that.

Hang on to those pictures. They're a great way to measure your progress. I can't wait til you love being photographed and love what you see. You most definitely can get to that place. I know it for sure. Good luck to you!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

And measure! We need all the positive affirmation we can get.

Some week during the holidays you may gain a little. That's frustrating. But if you have pictures of your progress, a tracking of your shrinking measurements, a pair of pants that are too big ... it all helps.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have no beginning photos as I avoided the camera when I was overweight, however, I recently found an old driver's license , li's only a head shot but this is a photo of a fat person. Double chin, jowls, round, pudgy face, this is a photo of a seriously fat person and it is me. I am saving this as an example of what could happen again.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I'm the same way. In my mirrors at home, i think i look pretty darn skinny, but man , the ones at school ugh. Pictures are the same, they can be quite shocking. Good idea with the pictures, i'm sure it will be motivating to see your improvements each month!
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

A picture was one of the things that did it for me. I had my pic taken with my sister-in-law at her h/s graduation and I was SHOCKED at how fat I was. I always knew I was overweight, but that pic was like DAMN! Then I made the mistake of getting on a scale & seeing 231. Pictures have a funny way of making people see themselves as they really are. You can use that feeling for motivation though & turn it into a positive thing.
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/192/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default I know what you mean

It's funny isn't it. I am actually avoiding taking a family photo because I know I am fat, my husband lost a bunch a weight when I was pregnant with my second child so it makes it that much more depressing!
deavoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

PICTURES !!!
Lordy I am to embarrassed to even ask my HUSBAND to take a pic of me.
What did it for me: I was sitting on the guest room bed and looked over at the full length mirror on the closet door.
HOLY MOLY there was a blob of boobs with a head attached.
down 22 lbs since July...its so slow.. long way to go...PLUS had a bad few days so I won't even look or get on the scale.
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartp View Post
PICTURES !!!
HOLY MOLY there was a blob of boobs with a head attached.
down 22 lbs since July...its so slow.. long way to go...PLUS had a bad few days so I won't even look or get on the scale.
Boobs with a head attached! That's hilarious! Not that you felt that way, but how you said it! It is a slow process but stick with it, 22 lbs lost is better then none or gaining right? You're doing great so far!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Two things inspired me to start my turn to a better life. The first was seeing a picture of myself at a friend's birthday party. That day I thought I looked good. I had gone all the extra distance to look great--and I looked like absolute crap especially in relation to my friends. There was no cuteness there anymore. I looked obese, I looked unhealthy and pale. Day to day in the mirror I didn't notice but pictures rarely lie.

Secondly, a very large friend of mine (almost 400 lbs) began her lifestyle change and lost 70-80 pounds before I visited her. I decided that if she could do it, certainly I could do something too. In her home, I took note of what kinds of foods she kept. I began patterning my foods after hers.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey I would settle for some boobs! LOL. Mine are gone and the very best padded bras at Macy's just aren't doing it for me. I am actually considering buying some inserts!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

well they aren't all they are cracked up to be!
Plus the bad part , the 22 lbs was mostly boob.
Dang....
Would have been nice to have that Dolly Parton look.
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote