Donna

Default Core Chat - 11/17/8 - 11/23/8

Guess I'm here first so I will start.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #2  
Donna

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, I still can't seem to drag my butt up onto that wagon. I have been exercising more though. Not sure I'll make my personal challenge though, to hit 2000 mins before the end of the year I need to exercise 35 mins every day including holidays (yea probably not going to happen). I was going to change it but I think I'll leave it and see how close I can get.

My personal goals for this week are:

1) post every day
2) no wine (I know I can count points but this seems to be a trigger for me)
3) plan meals and stick to the plan
4) drink my water - 1.5 liter (I know others drink more but this seems to be what my personal body needs)

Sammi - Good to hear from you. Haven't tried those videos. Have fun home for break.

Rhonda - I also try to eat every couple of hours, but it's because I have low blood sugar and it's worse when I'm stressed. I couldn't do super low cal tho, glad you seem to be able to and it works for you.

Sandra - Glad your OK that would definitely be scary. I've known people who back up to woods have lawn stuff shot during deer season (which started sat.) But it's still got to be scary.

Maryanne - Congrats on the pound. Glad you're able to do this on your own.

Nancy - Good luck on your test (if you haven't taken it yet)

Coco - Glad changing hubby's meds seems to have helped. Good luck at WI tonight.

Anyone I missed -

Well I should get moving, and grab breakfast. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

sammi - I think changing programs is a great idea. If you're feeling stuck or bored, it's better to change up the program than to let yourself fall off! I hear the 30 DS is a butt-kicker, but I've never tried it. Or zumba for that matter - I hear it's dance-y and I have NO coordination!

maryann - hope you feel better soon!

Sandra - Wow, talk about a surprise! I am glad to hear it was an accident and not somebody looking for trouble. Glad no one was hurt.

coco - thinking warm thoughts for you and your family!

Rhonda - I bet your neighbors love you. Want to come rake my leaves too?

Donna - Glad to see you over in the planning thread. Your goals/plans sound great, best of luck to you with it.

Had a terribly off-plan day yesterday, which threw off my planned exercise because I felt so crummy from eating so poorly. Remind me again why I do that? :/ Today is all planned out and should go smoothly, and I am hoping to get in a run tonight of at least the same distance as the last one, if not more. DH is at work tonight so I'll have the place to myself, which usually results in me being more productive than when he's around. I am also starting to get organized for the Christmas presents I want to start making, so that is on my to-do list for tonight as well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Feeling lot better this morning,after a run with the bug that I caught somewhere. I try so hard to Perel sanitize my hands after going anywhere.

Donna-Thanks for starting us up,and thanks for the congrats,I find it easy just using the core food list,and not go into the WPA's if I don't have to. You have a great plan and its easy enough to follow. I try to drink 80 oz of water per day that 1/2 my weight,so i follow that.Exercising 30 mins a day is excellent you don't have to do anymore,at least that what the experts on the healthy web site say.

Jaime-Sometimes the body does strange things,don't know why,but I think thats the normal way.We all have days like that,don't beat yourself up over it. Thanks I feeling a lot better today I'm just going to watch what I eat & exercise again.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday Morning:

Thanks for starting us, Donna. Looks like a good plan: I'll look forward to your daily posts. I'll join you on the no wine for the week.

Jaime: I'm not raking even one more leaf this season. I'm not raking again until we put the house up for sale in the spring. Period

Maryann: Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm on the subway two times a day at least 5 times a week, probably exposed to everything. I almost always get some kind of virus in the fall even though I am very careful about hygiene.

Sandra:low calorie today! I've already had 5 points: egg, ww toast, banana. They go quickly!!!

Have a great day everyone. I'm off to work.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Has anyone seen the wagon? I think I fell off Saturday am and bumped my head. I woke up and its Monday..................Why is it so difficult to write things down and stick to plan on the weekend???

Its a new day and I'm writing things down and tracking. No wine......hmmm.... I need to think that one through What I need to do this week is make something core that I can have as a snack at night. I've had nothing core in my house for the past week. I've been snacking nightly on non core things. I think I'll make a core pumpkin or chocolate cake tonight. I do have core meals ready in the freezer.

Sandra, how scary! I'm glad that you are both OK.

Maryann, glad you are feeling better. Keep warm this week, it supposed to be very, very cold!

The holiday's seem to be coming up way too fast - next week is Thanksgiving, the following Thursday is our work holiday party, the next Saturday I'm taking dd to the ballet, the following weekend I host a family party and then its Christmas. EEEK. I did start to make some lists for the party and christmas shopping.

Well, got to go get some stuff done. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Donna, thank you for the new pages. I'm not on that wagon yet either. Oh, well, at least we don't give up.

Rhonda, my plans fizzled. I haven't had many calories, but I know it's more than I should have.

Paula, sounds like something that happens to me. Just dust off.

All is settled down here on the Ponderosa. We still have at least a dozen doves in our yard, but we're hoping the hunting is over.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all:

I've done well on my low calorie day. I ate eggs, chicken, soup, salad and fruit for 18.5 points. I'll probably have a glass of lf milk before bed or I'll wake up starving at 4AM.

It hasn't been too difficult, although I did think more about food today than I did the first day I tried the low calorie approach. I'll eat more normally tomorrow, then try low calorie again on Wednesday.

It's been really chilly here: around freezing and wet. Good day for lots of hot tea.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 11-17-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #9  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Well, day one on program went well . I planned my meals and stuck to plan, I did not have any wine (or other alcohol), and I posted. The water was tough tho, I've gotten out of the habit, drank most of it in the late afternoon , oh well the habit will come back (I just hate water). Didn't exercise tho I was fighting a really bad head ache most of the day and just couldn't drag my happy butt out to exercise. Tried something new last night tho it was soooo good, I made a masala chai tea and added a little of the international delight ff french vanilla non-dairy creamer (by coffee mate). It was really good although a little sweet. I checked the nutritional info on the creamer and gonna have to measure and make sure I only use 1 serving or it's gonna cost me. But I think this may be a good sub for my evening wine.

Rhonda - Cold and breezy here. Another reason the dog didn't get exercise yesterday. Hopefully today. Congrats on sticking to your plan.

Paula - I love your description of the weekend wagon incident good luck getting back on there. I'm hanging on by my fingertips. I may try the core pumpkin cake myself.

Sandra - Glad things have settled down, down there in TX. come on jump back on you can do it. One day at a time. One day at a time......

Maryanne - It's not that I can't do 30 mins a day it's that I know I won't (I'm basically a couch potato). Glad you're feeling better.

Jamie - Sounds like there was a lot of falling off the wagon this weekend. How did your plan work out yesterday?

Well, I should get moving. I've got ww this morning and then I'm going to run over to the gym. This afternoon I've gotta straighten up my quilt room and get some stuff done.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Old 11-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Boy is it cold today,I'm not going to stick my head or any part of my bod outside.My cold/flu is getting better with each day,and I want to be able to go out to eat and celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Did good staying on program with just a little detour,in the evening with some comfort foods,but I did manage to get my walking done with my walking tapes.

RHONDA-Its hard nowadays to try to stay away from germs,but if you keep yourself in good shape by eating the right stuff and exercising we should be able to keep the germs at bay.I think Lower calorie meals like 18 points are to low for me,thats when I get into trouble wanting to eat,need 22-24 to keep me satisfied.

PAULA-Thats the $64,000 question.If we only knew the answer we wouldn't need WW or any other weight loss program.I keep a food journal just to get an idea of what goes into my mouth over the weekend and its sometimes scary to see junk stuff that I avoid during the week.Too Many holidays heading this way,we must journal and keep us accountable.

SANDRA-Are they the morning doves that coooooooo !! in the early part of the morning????? We don't have them hanging around anymore as its to cold for them in the Cape.

Last edited by beach bum; 11-18-2008 at 09:49 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi y'all! Things have been very busy around here. I, too, fell off the wagon over the weekend, but I'm strapped in and ready to go. I'm managing to stay within one pound of 130, and that's where I plan to stay until January. We had a marshmallow roast on Sunday, enough said! We had a good time with friends and got to enjoy the outdoors. Have any of you had snow? We had a few flakes last night. It's unusual to see snow in November around here, so it took me a few minutes to realize what I was seeing!

Sandra-I read your post about the bullet. It had to be really scary! I wonder if those doves are core?

Rhonda- The calorie counting sounds like it's going pretty well. Are you getting the results you had hoped for?

Maryann-congrats on your upcoming anniversary! I hope you and Leo will really celebrate!!

Donna-congrats on sticking to your plan. It's hard for me to drink the water, too.

Paula-I'm going to make the pumpkin cake, too!

Suite-what kind of presents are you making. I think I'm gonna do that, too, since money is so tight right now. Don't beat yourself up about the "bad day". Just learn from it and hang in there!

GTG be a teacher! TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 11-18-2008 at 01:26 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Maryann - glad you are feeling better. Congrats on your anniversary! Wow, 42 years!!

Rhonda - Are you kind of combining calorie cycling with Core? Hope it goes well for you, congrats on sticking to your plan.

Paula - Core pumpkin cake? that sounds delish! You sound like you're going to be very busy for the forseeable future!

Sandra - I hope hunting is over for your sake too!

Donna - Hurray for sticking to your plan! Chai + vanilla creamer sounds yummy... wonder if you could make it lighter by adding milk and a tiny dash of vanilla extract, and maybe some splenda?

Sloan - We just had snow this morning too, strangely enough. I never expect it this early in the year. it won't stick around, anyhow. As for what I'm making, well, let's see... I can't remember my whole plan but here are a few things:

-homemade spice rubs for my dad who likes to grill (will make different ones for different meats and put in small tins purchased from Michael's),
-a breakfast-themed gift basket for stepmother with homemade granola, syrup, jam, and maybe a big mason jar with ingredients for scones or muffins,
-knit hats for itty bitty nephew,
-cookies in pretty Christmas tins for many people,
and this one's my favorite:
-I'm photoshopping photos of my 4 year old niece into other photos of famous places and will turn them into a kind of kid's book about her traveling the world!

I am also making little glass marble magnets and homemade truffles for stocking stuffers.

Actually, here is one place I got a lot of ideas from: DIY Christmas Gifts at Get Rich Slowly

Well I was OP yesterday, which felt nice. I tried to go have a run on the treadmill but when I looked in our little gym thing there were all these random 20 year old guys hanging out in there in jeans and coats and such... OBVIOUSLY not working out... who knows what they were doing. Anyway, it made me self-conscious, so I went back home. Turned on TurboJam in my living room, got 3/4 of the way through it before DH called needing to be picked up. I got a half hour in but it would have been nice to finish it. Guess I just wasn't meant to have a nice workout yesterday!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Thank you for the Donna. I appreciate it.

Maryann, I don't know if they're the morning doves or not. They hang around here early mornings and late afternoons. I haven't noticed the cooing. I hope you're feeling better. Stay warm.

Sloan, about doves being core. We do hunt, but everything around here is almost pets. No snow for us. It's 60ish today. Now Montana? Probably snow there for sure.

I'm baking homemade bread for gifts for neighbors and friends. Family will get some, too, along with other goodies.

Suite, thank you for sharing your photos. You're doing really really well. I'm happy for you.

I have rehearsal tonight for the last time this week. My next rehearsal is next Monday.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 10"

OK, I'm covered with will power dust! I didn't make the pumpkin cake, made chocolate core cake instead Seemed like a better option today. I did go for a 45 minute walk this afternoon - it is cold. But I have a new LL Bean jacket which I love. That on, my gloves and ear muffs. It was nice out - I love the cold. Now, I need to get out to meet the bus and then a conference call for work at 4:00. I already have my chicken dinner ready to go into the oven.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #15  

Height: 5'9

Hello.D0 any of you know if corn tortillas are core?
cuteazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote