Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #1  
getting back on track!!

Question Too Much Too Fast?

I started dieting a month ago and have lost 17 pounds so far (the 225lbs. goes back to after my son was born). I have cut my protions sizes down and don't eat any fried foods or bad carbs. If it looks unhealty I don't eat it. I'm just wondering if it's normal to lose this much weight in just 1 month. Has anyone else had these kind of results or am I doing something wrong?
brandy922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Here's my perspective.

You want to check and make sure you're not eating too little. I'd recommend taking a look at something like Fitday for a day or two to get a baseline of what you normally eat. You don't want to go below 1200...and at your starting weight, you may want to aim in the 1400-1500 range to start. Just a little check-in would be good to make sure you're not severely cutting your calories.

You also want to ensure you're not overtraining/overexercising...if it hurts (not just soreness, but injury-type-pain), back off a bit. Also make sure you're taking at least 1 rest day a week to recover.

If you're doing this healthfully, there's no reason to worry. Lots of times, initial weight loss goes WAY faster than it will the rest of the time, so enjoy it while it lasts and keep on those healthy habits.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #3  
getting back on track!!

Thanks for helping me out with this. I know I'm not over exercising since I hardly have time to exercise. I think maybe I'm not eating enough. There are times when I just don't have an appetite.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to add my 2 cents... I just checked the record of my weight loss, which started 8/14 @ 231 lbs. On 9/18, about 30 days later, I weighed 210 whic is a 21 lb loss in just about a month. It has since slowed down, A LOT! I'm now at 196 two months after I was 210! All in all, I have lost an AVERAGE of 2.7 lbs a week since I started. I think a lot of water weight & toxins in the body get flushed out super quick when you really start to diet, leading to rapid weight loss the first couple weeks or month or so...
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #5  
getting back on track!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extasee58865 View Post
Just wanted to add my 2 cents... I just checked the record of my weight loss, which started 8/14 @ 231 lbs. On 9/18, about 30 days later, I weighed 210 whic is a 21 lb loss in just about a month. It has since slowed down, A LOT! I'm now at 196 two months after I was 210! All in all, I have lost an AVERAGE of 2.7 lbs a week since I started. I think a lot of water weight & toxins in the body get flushed out super quick when you really start to diet, leading to rapid weight loss the first couple weeks or month or so...
Oh good, I'm normal!! Thank you for sharing. I was worried about not toning up since the weight was dropping that fast. Lord knows I don't need to get flabbier.