Old 11-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #1  

Default Atkins vs medfast

I guys I need to lose weight fast . I want to lose about 5-8 pouns in 2 weeks a function . Do you suggest using medifast or Atkins. Which plan will I lost weight faster
nadia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #2  
it's always something

That might be impossible to answer. The amount of weight you lose when you start a diet is largely based on what you were eating before and your current size. If you have not been dieting at all, and if you weigh a lot, then you might lose 5 to 8 pounds in 2 weeks on almost any restrictive diet, then it tapers off. But if you are not very overweight, and if you do not normally eat a lot, then you probably won't see a quick drop. Most of the initial large drop is water weight, not fat.

Good luck
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #3  

I would suggest atkins

you can't lose more then 2lb in a week , 2lb of fat , create bigger caloric deficit and you will lose more , but that is not so good for your health
Markoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you are wanting to LOOK thinner for a function, I would suggest buying an outfit that flatters your figure type specifically...and wearing body shapers underneath it-SPANX undergarments to slim and smooth the lower body, a new bra to lift "the girls".

If you buy an outfit for your figure type-it will automatically make you look slimmer. For instance, if you are an hourglass, and you have a small waist-a wrap dress is VERY slimming, drawing attention to the neckline. 3/4 sleeve wrap dresses look great, especially with a bracelet-they make the wrist look slender. If you are an "apple" and have a larger upper body and thinner legs-wear a shorter length skirt, and dark hose/tights-like black. It will make your legs look thin and lean. If you have a great chest, wear a v-neck to show that off. (A v-neck also makes the neckline appear slimmer.)

Doing this...and then following a healthy (rather than drastic) eating and exercise regime can have you losing a couple of pounds by the event as well. You might lose 2 or 3 pounds by the event in 2 weeks...but that coupled with dressing right, will have you LOOK like you lost 5-8 pounds.

Good luck!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #5  

I appreciate all the advice .Forget the time frame which weightloss programe do you think is more effective
nadia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

They both can be effective. But, as Suzanne said, we cannot tell you that you are going to lose 2 pounds, or 8 pounds in the next two weeks. That is going to depend on your individual body composition. We don't know if you weigh 130 or 430...or any of the details, so we can't estimate anything for you.

They are both completely different plans. One will work by putting your body in ketosis, with the 2 week induction phase of very little carbs...and the other will work through strict calorie reduction.

The more important question is, which one could you stick with?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/152/140

Height: 5'5"

Default I love Medifast

Hi Nadia and et al,

I have tried countless diets and I suppose all would eventually work. Each of us needs to find the one that works best for oneself. I was looking for a plan that would be "mindless" and easy to take on the road, since I do a lot of car travel. Medifast has worked for me. I have lost 62 pounds since July 2, 2008. I have gone from a size 2X (212 lbs) to a size 10 (152 lbs). My friends and family have since joined me because of my success. I did become a health coach to help others become health.

So which did you end up trying and was it successful. Again, find the one that works for you.

Vikki
vikkidiana is offline   Reply With Quote