Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm back, with a re-newed committment....

Okay, I am re-committing to taking care of myself, NOW is the time! I started the day with workout , (Yeah me!) and now I am going to make out the grocery list...full of the foods that I (yes, me!) need to feel better, live healthier and turn this body back around.
My family will benefit from the changes I am making, but this is not so much about them as it needs to be about me. I know that sounds selfish, it is a little, but if I take care of ME, I can take better care of them too.
Now that I have put it out there, I have to follow through. Thanks for letting me share!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Great job on starting today with a work out!! I bet your endorphins are pumping. I heard working out at the beginning of your day is the best... I need to start doing that! We know you can do it!! Great attitude! Just what you need to be SUCCESSFUL!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back!! Glad you came back to us!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #4  

I know that I have not checked back in for a little while, but I am still committed to better health. My kitchen is filled with good-for-us foods and the workouts are a regular habit....I still have to work on looking forward to them, but I am doing them just the same.
Thanks for the will power dust Jillnicole, there are days that I need it desperately!
Lauren~thanks for the welcome back...I have been lurking now and then for quite a while, but was not feeling much like contributing. I am glad to be back in touch!
Oops! almost forgot to mention that I am down 5lbs!

Last edited by nail-lady; 11-11-2008 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/153.9/135

Height: 5'1

nail-lady - CONGRATS on your 5lbs of progress!!! Also, welcome back! I'm new here but knowing that you think enough of this group (and yourself) to jump back on the bandwagon, is inspiration that can help us all know we can keep going even if we slip along the way!
fmb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #6  

Thanks fmb!
I have realized that I cannot be perfect....I'll occasionally have to change my workout routine, either by shortening the time, changing when I have to do it or even skipping one now and then. I'll also occasionally blow my healthy eating by diving head-first into a bowl of ice cream or some other "forbidden fruit". What I am working on, is accepting that I will make a bad choice now and then, but I need to stop as soon as I realize that I have done it, pick up and move on.
I have always had an "all or nothing" attitude, so this change has not been easy for me. Once I grabbed that first no-no snack, I figured I had blown it for the day and could have whatever I wanted and I would have to start over again tomorrow.
We cannot beat ourselves up, it really gets us nowhere. Just accept things as they are and try to make a better decision next time temptation rolls around....because it will roll around again.

Last edited by nail-lady; 11-11-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

Well said, and congratulations. We are only human and chances are there are going to be days when the peanut butter cup is a power greater than us. But that's no reason to give up on all our hard work. I wish you luck and strength on your journey!
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #8  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 231/187/128

Height: 5'3"

Good luck! I'll be right there with you. After trying and falling off the exercise wagon so many times I am trying again. Every time I try though, I get a little bit closer to my goal. I just keep telling myself that any progress is good progress, even if it's slow. Keep up that great attitude!
mommyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #9  

mommyfat~The more the merrier! I am happy to have company in this, at times it can be very trying path to walk.
Glad to hear you have hopped back on to the exercise bandwagon, it is not always an easy jump to make. Excuses come much easier than they should.....
What types of exercise are you doing? I think my fav is kickboxing, so I tend to pop the turbo jam videos in most of the time.
Well, I better get to that workout today before I think of more excuses to put it off. Have a great day!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #10  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

I'm re-newing commitment as well...probably a bad time, right before Thanksgiving...but it might actually be a good time, depending on how ya look at it....you usually have the most willpower in the first week or two....so maybe Thanksgiving will be easier than I'm anticipating. We'll see....

Hubby and I have joined a gym....I worked out today (second time since we joined...I've worked out today and Saturday....not off to a GREAT start, huh? ) Also are watching what we eat (semi-sorta weight watcher). Hoping for results...I know there will be if I have that will power I was talking about. It's up to me.......

Anyway, Hello everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #11  

Hi there. Do you have room for someone new? I trained for a couple events earlier this year, and lost over 70lbs. I gained about 10 back, and now have 45+ to go. I too am trying to recommit, get control of the stress eating, and not sabotage my efforts.

jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:09 AM   #12  

Jollygirl~Welcome! WOW! 70lbs, That is Fantastic!! Stress eating in a tough one for me too, well so is happy eating, sad eating and every other kind though..... some days its a real battle. What events did you train for? What else did you do to drop that much weight...changes in eating? Did you follow any specific eating plans?

Gaining~ Congrats on joining the gym, That can be a great motivator! Do you find that it helps to have your hubby's support?
I need to work on my eating plan. WW is great and it has worked for me before and I have considered joining back up, but the $$, oh the $$. I should try to follow the plan at home and get my support here and on the diet forum too....need all the help I can get!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #13  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

nail lady, I am not going to meetings right now either. I have a 3 yr old at home, so I either have to wait til evening to go (and the fam. wants to go with me) or take my 3 yr old during the day and not stay for meetings because she won't be quiet. I'll start going back when she starts prek next year, but now I'm just doing it at home. Having DH support definately helps a lot!! I couldn't do it without his support....my hardest thing is having to cook for a whole family....It wouldn't be an if I only had to cook for myself. I could easily survive on salad or smart ones meals. By the time I don't have to cook for the kids anymore, my metabolism will be sooooo slow, losing weight will be impossible! Oh Well....I'll do what I can while I can. I've pretty much faced the fact that I'll never be a size 2....healthy is good enough for me.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #14  

Hey Naillady. I trained for a sprint distnace triathlon, and then a 1/2 marathon. I am slow, but enjoy it. I am hoping to train for a full marathon next year. I lost the weight by discovering I HAD an inner athlete. Who knew? Eating is my huge issue. I act like every day may be my last supper. That has to stop so I don't gain any more back, and can get off the last 50 or so I want to lose. My sister is still helping me with hte running, and I am working with a personal trainer weekly.

What do you all do to deal with the cravings?
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote