General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default I've been asked what I want...

for Christmas. My dad and his wife usually get me something fairly decent sized for Christmas, but they always ask me what I want before. If I don't pick something, they usually will spend the same amount of money on completely random presents.

So, I might as well ask for something good, but I really don't know what I want. I definitely don't want clothes, because they won't fit me for long enough to be worth it.

Does anyone ask you what you want for holidays?? What should I ask for? Last year I got a digital camera, which was cool. (what a weird situation, it makes me feel like a little kid!)
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

I told dh I wanted a Wii fit lol, my dad is buying the kids a Wii for xmas so now I can get a Wii fit hehe. I know if my dad asked me I would tell him a spa gift cert LOL. There is a package I want to do so bad, but I am saving that as a treat to me for when I hit my 199 goal lol
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I ask my adult children to make lists ... long lists. Big things, small things, extravagent things and frugal things. I can then choose things they want but it's still a surprise.

And yes, they do it. And no, nobody is getting a ferrari (again this year).
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

LOL SusanB, doesn't hurt to ask though huh LOL
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

Do you have an IPOD? I got mine as a christmas gift 2 yrs ago and love it...I seriously don't know how I made it through workouts w/o it
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #6  

yeah, I have an mp3 player, and it works just fine. Wii fit would be fun..but I don't have a wii

decisions, decisions....
Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #7  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

How about a gym membership and/or a personal trainer?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #8  

Gym membership is a good idea, but I already pay like $80 every quarter for my college's gym, and you can't choose not to pay for it (part of tuition and fees).
Old 11-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

I just want my favourite perfume [Lise Watier - Neiges] Because I accidently dropped my last bottle one day after I bought it... $85 DOWN THE DRAIN!

And clothes.... Summer clothes preferably, as I'm leaving for Jamaica the day after Xmas.

Thats all... I have everything else I need.

Last edited by luvja; 11-11-2008 at 12:18 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

My parents ask me every year (for both Christmas and my birthday) what I want...but I never know! Plus, I can usually go buy whatever it is that I need/want myself. We are redoing parts of our house, so I think I might ask for an ipod clock radio thing. My alarm clock is from the 1970's, I swear! It still works great.....but something new would be nice.

I also want an external hard drive for my computer....just a portable one that's like 320gb or something. But my parents are so clueless when it comes to technical stuff, that I usually end up buying it for myself anyway. That's actually what I do with the majority of my presents. I'll buy it first, my mom pays me back for it, and she wraps it and puts it under the tree. LOL She does get other stuff that I'm not aware of, but the majority of the gifts I buy myself.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

My advice would be to check out some of your favorite places, and make a list, like SusanB suggested. I have my kids do this, and my parents have my husband, myself, and my kids do this, too.

My husband actually put on his list from my mom/stepdad a set of small chrome pieces to put on his Harley.

On my list are various fitness related things: particular workout dvds, kettlebells, sportsbras, hand weights, etc. I also have on there lotions and body washes from Bath & Body Works in my favorite scents...

If you have an iPod, iTunes gift cards are always good. Are there any particular household items you need/want? Any gift cards from favorite stores or restaurants? A certain pair of athletic shoes that you have your eye on maybe? You could always find a pic of them online, and print it out.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #12  

Since you have an iPod, can you ask for iTunes giftcards? Actually, I LOVE giftcards, I know not everyone does though. But maybe you can suggest some stores you like so that when you actually want/need something you can pick it out yourself.

I'm usually at a loss for what to get for Christmas, but this year I'm asking for some "functional collectibles," as I like to call them. I bought myself a Brighton charm necklace this year after I got a new job, so now my husband can buy me charms to add (for him and on behalf of our toddlers). I also discovered a cool thing called a Miche Bag...it's basically a purse shell in either brown or black, and comes with different covers so you can completely change the look of your purse without having to move your stuff over. If either of those sound interesting to you, you can just do a google search and find out more.

And I'm also looking into getting a digital camera, if not for Christmas then for my birthday in March. I am also asking for a printer that will print directly from the camera because I know I'd never get around to printing pics without it. I know they exist, I just can't think of what they're called. Would that interest you?

Anyway, those are my thoughts.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

since you have the gym membership how about heart rate monitor?
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'm telling my family that gift certificates for clothes is all I need this year. I'm done losing and can't wear anything I have anymore!!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I always make a list and my sister does too, we give it to both our parents (they're divorced) but my sister and I run interference to make sure they don't get us the same things (they get the same lists). Somethings I asked for:
Candles (in the scents I like)
A pop-up greenhouse
Plant stands and planters
Zip-up sweaters
Marucies and Craft Warehouse gift cards
Craft stuff (rubber stamps, paper, embellishments)
Desktop daily calendar
Steering Wheel cover
Fire extinguisher (haha! but I don't have one!)
Humane Society annual tree ornament (you buy it online)
Magazine Subscriptions (to your fave magazines)
Weight set
Coasters for my coffee table
Wind Chimes

I know it's kind of lenghty but hopefully you can get some ideas from it, as I don't know what your hobbies are.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote