Old 11-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #1  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Default Signs of Aging

I know we're only in our 30s, but I've noticed that I'm aging now. I've got a couple grey hairs on the side of head and they like to stick out even after I brushed it down and moisturized and whatever. I also have that turkey neck, you know that hanging piece of mess under your chin and above your neck and it's not from fat...my skin is sagging! I don't even want to talk about age spots...I'm getting little hints of them on my back and on my face. I went to the dermatologist and she gave me something to lighten them up. That TOM has risen from 4 days up to 8 days long. Eeeeek! I wonder what happens when ya turn 40!

Anybody else going through anything?
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #2  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

I just turned 39...my signs of aging so far....deep wrinkles around my eyes. A few grey hair here and there....thank you to Miss Clairol bottle!!!! That definitely help!!! Also I notice that my breasts are slowly going down... Sad isn't it? Specially when I myself still feel like I am in my late 20s!!! The big 4-0 in Oct 2009!!! I'll keep you posted if I see more ugly changes....But hopefully I will have a rock hard body by then....Slim people usually look younger than their real age.
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD Sass View Post
I know we're only in our 30s, but I've noticed that I'm aging now. I've got a couple grey hairs on the side of head and they like to stick out even after I brushed it down and moisturized and whatever. I also have that turkey neck, you know that hanging piece of mess under your chin and above your neck and it's not from fat...my skin is sagging! I don't even want to talk about age spots...I'm getting little hints of them on my back and on my face. I went to the dermatologist and she gave me something to lighten them up. That TOM has risen from 4 days up to 8 days long. Eeeeek! I wonder what happens when ya turn 40!

Anybody else going through anything?
Sounds like me. I don't have the neck problem so much, but the skin is looking older, I've had gray hair for some time (I'm 39) and I know exactly what you mean about the little ones sticking out, same experience with TOM (although getting healthier and losing weight have both made a big difference), and I'm actually starting to have lipsticks bleed into little miniscule lines around my mouth for the first time. I just try to do what seems reasonable as far as my appearance, and focus on what is really important in life.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #4  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I have these dark rings under my eyes. I noticed them about a year ago; I just looked in the mirror and said "where'd those come from"?

I've been using this Olay eye cream but it doesn't seem to be working.

TMI alert - I have quite a few gray hairs down there, and I'm only 31! I don't have very many on my head though.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #5  
Workin' It

I'm 36 - I've had gray hair for years, but get it dyed every couple of months so I'm in total denial of how much is really there.

I've had dark circles under my eyes since I was a teenager, so those don't surprise me as much.

I've recently noticed more lines on my face - I have squint lines around my eyes, this big dent that shows up on my nose when I get up in the morning if I slept on my side, lines around my mouth, some strays on my cheeks... Oddly, I notice them more now that I've lost weight. I guess I have to start using some kind of wrinkle reducing formula or something now!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I have these dark rings under my eyes. I noticed them about a year ago; I just looked in the mirror and said "where'd those come from"?

I've been using this Olay eye cream but it doesn't seem to be working.

TMI alert - I have quite a few gray hairs down there, and I'm only 31! I don't have very many on my head though.
I thought it was just me but I SUFFER from this too. It's quite embarassing for me. It makes intimacy a little awkward for me when the lights are on.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #7  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I used to have a white and grey cat. One day I was in the bathroom and I saw the gray hair, and I was like "where'd that come from, how'd I get cat hair down there?"

Well, I tried to pull it and discovered it wasn't my cat's hair but my cat's hair. LOL.

WhoIwannabe, I'm right there with you...I swear I feel like I'm not a day over 26...act like it too, most of the time

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 11-06-2008 at 11:08 AM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #8  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I'm lucky, I guess. I'm 36, and no grey hairs anywhere that I've seen yet. But, I do get my hair colored so it's probably hiding the grays from me. As for wrinkles, I only have barely noticeable smile lines at the corners of my eyes, and some on my forehead.

Other than that, here are things I've noticed:

* My lady berries are not so perky these days. Damn you, gravity!

* My vision is not as great anymore -- I've noticed things in the distance are getting blurry, and my eyes take a beat too long to recover & re-focus when I've been reading and then look up to look at something else.

* My memory is not what it was. I sometimes forget even simple things, like how to spell a word or that I promised to call someone at a certain time/day. It worries me that my brain is misfiring, or maybe I might be experiencing the earliest stages of something like alzheimers.

* Getting up out of chairs, or a bed, etc, is now sometimes accompanied by a groan of protest.

* I'm not as willing to be a doormat or keep quiet when I've been wronged. As I get older, I get more and more vocal and worry less and less about what others think! My Mom said this happened to her, and I guess it's happening to me, too. But it's a good thing, so I'm not complaining about it.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #9  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
I used to have a white and grey cat. One day I was in the bathroom and I saw the gray hair, and I was like "where'd that come from, how'd I get cat hair down there?"

Well, I tried to pull it and discovered it wasn't my cat's hair but my cat's hair. LOL.

WhoIwannabe, I'm right there with you...I swear I feel like I'm not a day over 26...act like it too, most of the time
Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #10  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I've got the beginnings of age spots on my hands and the bags under my eyes. I got up one morning after a late night, looked in the mirror and was surprised by how old I looked. Just not recovering as fast as I did in my 20s.

I'm more opinionated and willing to tell it like it is, too, but I don't know if that's age or attitude.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #11  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I'm 33 and have noticed (for the past year or so) a handful of those gray hairs on the top of my head. And little lines at the corners of my eyes - they call them smile lines (they don't make me smile - lol) and just a general change in my skin, as it seems to be dryer than unusal. I think though that I am the only one who really is seeing these changes. People still tell me I look at least ten years younger... Works for me.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #12  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
These dark circles under the eyes can be a sign of allergies. Do a search on dark circles under eyes and you'll find quite a bit of information.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Geez, reading this thread makes me feel horrible!!

I'm officially 40, but hey, I've been here for almost 10 years! Anyway, for about a year now, I've noticed that I have to wear makeup out of the house, even if it's just a little. I'm not real big on makeup, mostly because I just don't have time for that! But I do my face every AM.

I don't have any greys, but I also don't expect to for awhile...mom didn't get any until she was in her 50's, and she still doesn't have alot, just on the sides a bit.

The big thing I've noticed overall is that I look like my mom! Now, I will say, I come from good genes, but there comes a time when it's scary to look in the mirror and see my mom!

My vision is worse. I've never had a vision problem, but I've noticed in the past 6 months or so that I'm having a harder time seeing things further away, and sometimes it's harder to see when driving at night, which I've never had a problem with.

And of course more bones crack when I get up in the AM.

Hey I've got a beauty question for ya'. I am a simple person and really have never used anything other than soap or face soap on my face. I don't use moisturizer, because I have oily skin and can't stand the feel of "stuff" on my face". But I have read that even if you have oily skin, you should use moisturizer. Any suggestions for face creams I should be using now that I'm "older"?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #14  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Wow, that's a great tip about the allergies. I didn't know. I'll look into that.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Question Best product for age spots?

I did a search on face spots and this thread was first on the list.

I'm 36 and I've had gray in my hair for years. I've just had to start wearing glasses. I was so amazed when the doc put them on my nose. I couldn't believe how much I was missing. But, the thing that bothers me most is the age spots on my face. They are getting really big.

Does anyone use something for age spots that really works? I don't care if it's a little high dollar just so long as it really works.
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote