Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #1  

Default Diet is a Dirty Word - Anyone Done it?

Hi. About a year ago I took the Diet is a Dirty Word course through Universal Class and lost a lot of weight. My skin got really nice too, which was interesting. Anyway, I took the class, lost a lot of weight, then sort of fell off the wagon and gained some back.

I was looking for the Diet is a Dirty Word stuff again because it worked so well for me, but I don't see it offered at Universal Class any longer. I did, though, google it and found a blog by the lady who taught the class and it led me to a web site where now I see that she actually has a Diet is a Dirty Word book available. The chapters are listed and it looks like there is a bunch more in the book than was in the class.

My question is, have any of you used this program? I remember that it was really easy to follow, had some really good weight loss advice and there were some really good recipes, but this other stuff I see looks really good too. But before I spend $20 bucks on the book I wanted to see if anyone else on here had tried it and what they had to say about it.
woodbridgehottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, welcome to 3fc

We don't recommend buying ebooks because you need to be able to look through a real book before buying it, especially when it comes to diet books.

The person who compiled that ebook used to post here a few years ago. Hopefully you'll find the same support here that you are looking for, and we wish you the best of luck
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Sorry, I haven't heard of the book. Thats awesome that you had so much luck with the class though, its a bummer when you have success with something and then it's gone! I would definitely look for more information online before buying a $20 book. Are you able to preview chapters or anything like that? I'd also try Yahoo Answers, to see if any of those users have read this e book.

Good luck! I hope to see you around more often!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #4  
Progress not perfection

Some books I would recommend reading are 'Skinny Bi***' and 'Secrets of a former fat girl'... also here is a link to 3FC's book reviews, if you browse through them there are some great books there also

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet/diets/diet-book-reviews/
Old 11-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

jillnicole-

This is TOTALLY off topic, but I just took a peek at your profile, and saw the full length shot of you. You and I pretty much share the EXACT same body shape/type. As a matter of fact, your body in the photo pretty much looks exactly like mine did when I was in my early twenties.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #6  
Progress not perfection

Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
jillnicole-

This is TOTALLY off topic, but I just took a peek at your profile, and saw the full length shot of you. You and I pretty much share the EXACT same body shape/type. As a matter of fact, your body in the photo pretty much looks exactly like mine did when I was in my early twenties.

Hope thats a good thing yeah i kinda think i have an hour glass shape, smaller waist, bigger hips
Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It's even more than the small waist/bigger hips thing. You look to have the slender forearms/wrists and neck/face...and the fuller lower body-fuller calves, etc.

It's hourglass...but the upper body seems to be slightly smaller framed, and the lower body (all the way down to the ankles) is slightly larger framed.

aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #8  

Hey, thanks for the info.

Like I said, I did do the class and most of the book seems to be about what was covered in the class, plus some additional stuff that looks really good.

I think I will just email the writer and see what she has to say. I will let you guys know.

I did have amazing results just from the class, but circumstances let me away from my healthy life and I did gain some back. :-(
But, I am back on track now and am using the text from the class as a guideline. I think I will probe further. She does have a hard copy book as well on there and it seems that the site may be a work in progress. She seems to add information and pages almost daily.

I will let you guys know what I find out. :-)
Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #9  

Thumbs up

Well, I got the book and it has WAY more stuff than the class. I have only flipped through it, but it looks pretty good. I bought the softcover book, not the ebook, btw.

It has a section that I thought was really interesting. It tells you how to change the way you think about weight loss. It shows you how to change the way you eat by motivating yourself. There are some tips on things to do and a great section about how the brain works and how you can use that to lose weight. I have started doing some of that stuff and it seems to be working. It is pretty cool, much better than the class.

Just thought I would update you guys. I feel really positive now about losing the weight!