Old 08-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #1  

Default Anyone on Richard Simmons' Food Mover?

Is there anyone that is using Richard Simmons' Food Mover? I tried this years ago and found it again and thought this might be something I could do without a lot of trouble.Please let me know if you re doing this.I need support
thanks
Patricia
patricia54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I know that there USED to be a few members here doing RS plan. I personally think it is a very sound plan-because it makes you eat BALANCED-making sure that you get in fruit, veggies, etc. each day.

If you decide to do this plan, good luck to you.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:07 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

I don't have a Foodmover but I do have my old Deal-A-Meal cards and have been thinking about doing that. It worked great for me in the past. I lost 27 pounds the first month (and sadly the only month) that I did it.
I cannot begin until this weekend however. I need to do shopping on Friday after I get some money.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I've started following this.....it's a very balance plan--even with allowances for treats on occasion! I've lost 5 lbs in 4 days...
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I'm not following any of Richard Simmon's plans, but I am following an exchange plan (the exchanges are the same, there just distributed a bit differently).

For those interested in the deal-a-meal concept - tops.org under their tools category have meal cards you can print out that are very much like RS's deal-a-meal cards.

I love that virtually all exchange plans use the same exchanges (I haven't found one yet, that doesn't). They're all based on the exchanges developed for diabetics in the 1950's, and the exchanges themselves haven't changed (though the recommendations on how the exchanges should be distributed varies a bit from plan to plan. One plan may recommend more fruit and less bread for example), but a fruit on Richard Simmon's plans is equal to a fruit on any exchange plan wheter it be the American Diabetes Association and other diabetic exchange plans, Joanna Lund's Healthy Exchanges, Weight Watcher's before 1996, the Duke Diet plan (not the rice diet one), TOPS, Hillbilly Housewife website, First Place (a christian weight loss program) and I believe LA Weight Loss ... So all of the cookbooks that use exchanges interchangeable (I have some in my collection from the early 60's). Whenever I find a new exchange cookbook (or rather one that is new to me), I make sure the exchanges are the same (haven't found one yet where they haven't been).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

Colleen: Since you've done exchanges before....do you know how to figure them out? Like for instance, what kind of exchanges would a chicken sandwich with light mayo, lettuce and tomato be? Is there an easy exchange calculator somewhere?
Old 11-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #7  

Hey Jen, there are a lot of a lot of exchange resources, and I'll include some of the ones I use most. A lot of the information is just "in my head" I've worked with it so long.

The chicken sandwhich - if it's on a large bun (some restaurant) it could be three exchanges of starch, but if it's two slices of bread or a regular bun, it is most likely two. The mayo is likely 1 fat. The lettuce and tomato, you probably wouldn't have to count as a veggie (maybe 1/4 of a veggie if you want to be anal about it, or are fighting to get your veggies in). If the chicken has no batter, it's probably 3 to 4 protein exchanges, if the chicken is about the size and thickness (without fingers) of your palm.

I'll post the link resources in a separate post after I go look a few up.

Last edited by kaplods; 11-06-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #8  

Websites
http://healthy.hillbillyhousewife.co...gonabudget.htm (several webpages of info)

http://www.tacobell.com/exchange/ (taco bell website, just taco bell products)

Books

This first book is one I have and refer to and the others are books on my amazon wishlist. The second book is a newer edition of the first, but in a much handier size to put in a purse (which is why I included the size of the books. The last book looks like a great resource, but geez, it's huge).

Exchanges for All Occasions: Now with Carbohydrate Counting, Your Guide to Choosing Healthy Foods Anytime Anywhere by Marion J. Franz
8.3 x .45 x .08 inches
318 pages

Exchanges for All Occasions: with Carbohydrate Counting, Pocket Guide to Healthy Foods Choices Anytime Anywhere by Marion J. Franz
5.5 x 4 x .5 inches
176 pages

The Official Pocket Guide to Diabetic Exchanges
American Diabetes Association
5.8 x 3.6 x 0.2 inches
64 pages

American Diabetes Association Guide to Healthy Restaurant Eating(3rd Edition)
American Diabetes Association
6.7 x 4.3 x 1.6 inches
500 pages
(weighs 1.2 lbs)
Old 11-07-2008, 08:02 AM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

Thank you so much Colleen! You're such a valuable resource!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #10  

Default Richard Simmons' Food Mover Plan?

I was just checking back to see if anyone is using RS's Food Mover? I need a plan that will help me lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks.We are doing a state wide contest In Alabama and that is the requirement to be able to win a cash reward and to get healthy.I have tried a lot of diffferent diets and have found it hard to stay with any for very long. Any help would be appreciated.
patricia
Old 01-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia54 View Post
I was just checking back to see if anyone is using RS's Food Mover? I need a plan that will help me lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks.We are doing a state wide contest In Alabama and that is the requirement to be able to win a cash reward and to get healthy.I have tried a lot of diffferent diets and have found it hard to stay with any for very long. Any help would be appreciated.
patricia
I am currently using my old Deal-A-Meal cards in conjunction with the South Beach diet food lists if that helps you any. I have my cards set at 1400 calories.

When I first did Deal-A-Meal back in 1997 I lost 27 pounds the first month doing the cards as Richard suggested (this was before I found out I am Celiac) and doing his videos every single day. I was about 374 pounds back then when I first started.

I find Richard's plans the easiest to stay on.

HTH

Last edited by canadianwoman; 01-10-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/195/140

Height: 5'6''

Huh, I never even heard of a diet plan by Richard Simmons. But I sure do love "Sweatin to the Oldies!" Good Luck!

Last edited by em30001; 02-04-2009 at 10:22 PM.
em30001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #13  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I found my old foodmover by Richard Simmons, might be the best way for me to get more fruits and veggies in my diet daily. Wish I had his old sweatin to the oldies on CD now.
Anybody using their foodmover?
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #14  

Default Easy way to count calories

I think if I use my food mover that would be an easy way to count my calories. I think counting calories is probably the best way to keep up with my food intake. Anyone with a comment on this?
Thanks Patricia
Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #15  

It is an easy way to count calories though I find it carb heavy and too light on the protein for me. I had to adjust my deal a meal cards by actually flipping them over and writing on the back of them with a sharpie if I wanted that card to be a protein instead of a carb. That way I get more protein and less carbs in my diet.