General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Default Day After Thanksgiving Online Sales

Does anyone know if store's websites will be having huge deals the day after Thanksgiving? Like, Sears always has store-wide sales, but does their site honor those prices? And do any online sores (like Amazon or Overstock) have similar blow outs or free shipping?
I'd love to get my shopping cart ready now and just click "buy" on black Friday!
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #2  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Most of the time Black Friday sales are in-store only.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

The way I think it works is that Black Friday is the last day for stores to get rid of their "old" inventory before loading up for what they plan to stock for Christmas. Websites don't usually have the limited storage space that stores do, so they don't need to have really great deals to get rid of extra inventory. However, some sites might have a black friday sale just to promote themselves- but it's not going to be as big of a sale as in the store.

Anyway, I think it's fun to go out during the craziness and crowds and see the sales.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #4  
150 by my 50th!!!

S/C/G: 341/261.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Amazon actually did a "black Friday" event last year but it was no where close to the deals you see in the stores..
Arlene Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

The Monday after Thanksgiving is known as "Cyber Monday". Some people claim there were better deals online on Cyber Monday than on Black Friday. I shop on Black Friday, though so I can't say from personal experience.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
The Monday after Thanksgiving is known as "Cyber Monday". Some people claim there were better deals online on Cyber Monday than on Black Friday. I shop on Black Friday, though so I can't say from personal experience.
That actually makes sense. If people can't find something they are looking for out shopping then they would go look online...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote