Old 11-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #1  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #5

Start posting here, we've reached 501 on the last thread. It needs to be locked, if there's a mod on Saturday-duty.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #2  

faux, i hesitate to recommend a yoga dvd without knowing a little more about your live classes. do you know what style of yoga your classes are? what are some of the postures you're doing? now after saying that, here's a beginner/intermediate yoga DVD that i do with my DH (Strength Grace Healing with Max Strom.
http://www.amazon.com/Strength-Grace...pr_product_top
There are two workouts included (45 minutes and 90 minutes)

manick, i can't wait to get my rings resized too - i won't do that til i'm done with my weight loss.

dixied, can definitely see a difference in your pics - looking good!!

we don't get trick or treaters so we went out to dinner last night with our neighbors. good time and i didn't do too terribly on calories. back on track today.

had some good workouts lately. 3 mile walk with DH this afternoon, yoga dvd this morning, 4 mile walk yesterday, HIIT workout on thursday.

i'd love to have that scale drop juuuuust a little bit more before monday. i wanna contribute for this weeks weigh-in!

Here's a Question:

Do you weigh-in for the week after your last chance workout?

I don't because I'd be nervous about actually hitting that weight and then going lower the following week.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Waaah - I ordered 30ds on netflix and it went from short wait yesterday when I added it, to long wait today! It must be all our 3fc'ers on our November quest that is making the netflix queue crazy. Ah well, all in good time I guess.

Did the H'ween shuffle last nite. Was impressed with how much easier it was this year than in years past. Would you believe the kids tired out before I did - and I was the one towing the wagon that they'd empty their loot bowls into. That was pretty amazing - I was like, you're turning down OUR street??? You're going home?

I don't know about you guys, but our traffic was VERY light. We figured it must have been bc of being on a friday, there were a lot more real parties to go to, so kids either went to parties with their parents or friends and didn't do door-to-door as much. Cuz everthing else, weather, temperature, etc., was perfect. Who knows - but I have a ton of stuff left over.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #4  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

dix-wow!!! 25 pounds makes a huge difference. You look great. I have the Carmen Electra strip videos also. I've tried it a couple times but I don't have the coordination for it. It's fun but I can't do it. I'm saving them for when I lose more weight thinking maybe that's my problem.

Dora-Thanks for that site. I have whats called "caregiver burnout". I am getting tired of it. I think I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown. NO he hasn't been going to counseling and he isn't constant on his meds and he's become an alcoholic---the three worst things that you can do with PTSD. He won't listen to me when I give him advice and doesn't do what he's supposed to do. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm tired of repeating myself to him. I need counseling or therapy myself. BTW, have you tried your step yet?
Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

I didn't see Oprah when Jillian and Bob were on, but I DID get to catch one of Jillian's podcasts where she mentioned a lot of tension between her and Oprah. Now I really want to see the show. Anyone know what she's talking about?

I need some advice. Months ago when we first moved here DB's parents really wanted to fly in for Thanksgiving, and even though the thought of having to cook for his mom gave me panic attacks we said ok. The week after we got here and realized that things weren't going as smoothly as planned financially we called them and explained the situation and cancelled. They said sure, no problem. That was in September.

DB called them a few days ago and his dad mentioned that they BOUGHT THE TICKETS and were coming anyway. He tried to talk to them and explain that it was not really a good time but his dad said that they could just get a hotel and not to stress about it.

It's THANKSGIVING. How are we not supposed to stress about it? And, of course, in his culture it's unheard of to have people come over and let them stay at a hotel, but we don't even have a couch yet and we're renting out our guest room to a friend for a month. What do we do?

Enough of that. I did really well yesterday, no candy for me and air-popped popcorn was as extreme as it got. I went for a run beforehand and only made it 1.5 miles. That's one thing I DON'T like about exercise. You work so hard to condition yourself and if you only take off a week or so it's amazing how fast you lose it. Oh well, it was a good lesson for me and I finished my 30DS and went for a run tonight, so there's something to be proud of!

Marianne, welcome to the 30DS dark side! It DOES get easier... and then she makes it harder.

tkglenn, I don't know much about PTSD but I do want to say that I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time. You say you feel like you need counseling -- by all means, don't be afraid to get it! Seriously, you have to do something to maintain your sanity, you know? Hang in there

Abby, I forgot to mention re: your having to transition to working and not having as much time to focus on weight loss. Maybe having that time helped to really ingrain those habits? BTW, are you still doing that 5k on the 4th?

Dee, you look amazing! Congrats on week 4!

Last edited by JoyfulVegGirl; 11-02-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Everyone!

Things are strange this week. I've maintained. (Perfectly okay) And I'm pretty sure I know why (I've eaten more soup & salty things this week than I can remember).

Things feel good, though. Like there's a shift in the wind. I went to a meeting this week that struck a chord with me. I've been counting points these past few weeks, but I haven't really been fully enjoying my meals, I've just been eating. And I think that's having a huge impact.

I'm going to clear off the dining room table and actually have a meal.

Go Bluesers!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:16 AM   #7  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Bluesers!

Dee- What a transformation you have made!!!! You look fantastic!
I was going to try to post a before and after...but can't get the after picture to upload.

JoyfulVegGrl-30DS has not gotten easier for me...although I did look forward to doing it every day when I was on level 1 to see how much better I was getting at it. I was still struggling when I moved to level 2. Now I struggle with myself every day to make myself do it. I have never sweated so hard in my life! I still can't do the plank excersise at the end for abs. I do butterfly crunches instead. Still a challenge...but by the last abs circuit my arms are shaking so bad, there is just no way I can do another plank excercise for a full minute! I decided I am going to do it today even if I have to rest between every twist.

Faerie-You are so right about enjoying your meals. Meals should be something to pay attention to. Not just nutritionally, but in the way good food nurtures us. No wonder we eat to much when we run around mindlessly stuffing food into our mouthes all day without even taking time to process how our bodies feel. I am going to make an effort to eat my dinner at the table, without the TV this week.

sportmom-Way to go on the trick-r-treating! Isn't it great that you have come so far that you can stay ahead of your kids now! That is a huge accomplishment...Being a parent takes stamina!!!

angeline-Keep up those kinds of workouts and good eating and you should drop some more before weigh in. Can't wait to see your numbers! As for our question...

Do you weigh-in for the week after your last chance workout?
I never weigh after working out. I weigh every morning as soon as I get out of the bathroom then I don't look at the scale for the rest of the day. Even on weigh in day. I have tried only weighing once a week...but I can't help it...I have to have a sneek peek every day.

Well...Today was weigh in day for me. I lost 3.2 lbs!
It was actually more yesterday...but I had a feeling that was to good to hold up. I am very happy with 3.2 lbs on Halloween week. Normally Halloweeen kicks off the eating season with a 3 lb. gain each year. I'm a different person now!

Have a great day! And a POP week!

DJ
Old 11-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #8  

Congrats DJ! That's a great loss! I have started weighing in after I workout - it usually always produces a better number and is one way to get myself excited about working out! Weird, I know, but I try to wake up, workout and then weigh.

VegGirl - as a mom, I'm going to guess the bf's parents just want to see you, not impose. They probably really miss him. Let them stay in a hotel and go ahead and offer to make reservations at a hotel's buffet spread for TG day. I'm sure they don't expect you to layout the $50 it will take to buy all the ingredients to cook! And by the time they get there, it will be too late. Let them take care of you guys when they visit. If they're not set financially or willing to do that, then they get what they get. Maybe a pre-roasted chicken from a grocery store bought the day ahead and boxed mashed potatoes? You're young, it's the best you can do.

I didn't sense the tension between J & Oprah, but want to go back and watch it online as I missed the last 15 mins. I left when that chick from last season that none of us could stand came on after Suzy. I saw some strange grimaces from Jillian esp when Suzy was talking about gaining it all back, but I thought she makes strange mouth movements anyway, so now I will watch it again. I noticed Bob was the one sitting next to O, so I dont' know.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm going to clear off the dining room table and actually have a meal.
Sounds like a plan to me and I think I will join you. I am guilty too of just eating to eat and not enjoying the time. The new house we are moving to beginning this week has a small but peaceful backyard and room for just an eat in kitchen so I HAVE to keep the kitchen table clear of 'just throw down for now junk'.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Practiseliving....sorry, I couldn't figure out how to quote from the other thread but thanks for the tips on the Thanksgiving meals. I will definitely incoorporate what you found to be successful for our American Thanksgiving.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 AM   #11  

This video will make you CRAZY. It's a 10 min preview from the 11/11 show, the challenge. You will go thru a ton of emotions watching this - from wanting to reach thru and grab Icky's face off when she laughs at someone's misfortune to feeling so proud of TJ. Oh yeah, all the old contestants are coming back and fighting for their slot back. Go Stacey!!

http://www.oprah.com/media/20081001_tows_biggestloser

There's no show at all this week bc of the election.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #12  

oh my gosh that preview has me in tears!! can't wait til 11/11
Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #13  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Wow! I really can't wait till the next TBL! That preview is great! Thanks for posting that sportmom!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #14  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Faerie & Iwana - I'm with you on enjoying my meals fully. That's the only way I really feel satisfied with my food, I think.

I will be enjoying some delicious homemade hot and sour soup for dinner. I love soup in the colder seasons, I just have to be careful with the sodium content.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #15  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

hey everyone!

2 more days until I get my life back!!! I got on the wii fit last night and it was fun times! my weight hasnt changed this week but hopefully I can be down at least 1 pound before morning. but TOM is due Tuesday so we will see.

i hope everyone is being committed and staying OP I am certainly doing the best I can under my circumstances.

tkglenn - i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. is there a close friend or family member that your husband would listen to to help him help himself.

i do a last chance workout because sometimes its the difference between losing a little and losing big!

have a good rest of the weekend!