Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 10-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Default recipe ideas for Chilean Sea Bass

I picked up 2 beautiful Chilean Sea Bass steaks on sale last night. I've never cooked with this fish before and wondered if you guys had some good recipe suggestions? Boyfriend does not like mushrooms and neither of us like green pepper (just in case).

I looked around online but found a ton of hollandaise type stuff - still looking for something relatively healthy. I have some green beans to steam for a side dish.

Thanks in advance!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Glory -

It is relatively easy to cook. A mild tasting fish that goes well with most marinades and rubs.

This is my favorite recipe for sea bass - but I've used it with other fish as well with success.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...n-Salsa-104331
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #3  
Meg

Yum, sea bass is my favorite! Here's a marinade I like:

Marinade for Grilled Sea Bass

1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (I use more because I love ginger)
Fresh ground black pepper

Combine ingredients in a dish large enough to hold the fish in a single layer. Marinate each side for about 30 minutes -- don't marinate longer because the flavor will overpower the fish.

I've always grilled the sea bass but you could broil it with the same results, I'm sure.

You can increase or decrease the marinade ingredients depending on how much sea bass you have.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #4  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

sea bass is so sweet, mild and wonderful - all you really need to do is sprinkle some fresh herbs (i like a little sea salt, cracked black pepper, tarragon or thyme or whatever), pan sear them in a little olive oil, and then finish them off in the oven. that's all you really need to do!
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys - thanks for all the suggestions, I saved them all to my recipes folder. I ended up going with a curry sauce (a little cream, curry powder, onions). It was great served over brown rice with green beans on the side. I've never made sea bass at home, but it is wonderful.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote