Old 10-27-2008, 05:55 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Innova?

OK, so after researching dog foods I made a switch to Innova for my adult dog and Chicken Soup for the puppy. My 2 yr old is going after the puppy's CS. Being that the bag is fairly new should I switch her to the adult CS or keep encouraging her to eat the Innova?
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

It may not be the food itself, it could just be the whole" she has it, I want it" mentality. Also, the adult version may be very different than the puppy food. I say just keep a close eye on them at feeding time. Our boston always goes after our other dog's food so I just make sure they eat where I can see them. A quick "no" and a point at his bowl and he gets the idea.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:11 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert View Post
It may not be the food itself, it could just be the whole" she has it, I want it" mentality. Also, the adult version may be very different than the puppy food. I say just keep a close eye on them at feeding time. Our boston always goes after our other dog's food so I just make sure they eat where I can see them. A quick "no" and a point at his bowl and he gets the idea.
NO, it's not the "he has it, I want it."... mentaility. Jade truly doesn't like the taste of the Innova for some reason. Which is odd because the food I was feeding her before wasn't all that bad of ingredients.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Well, in that case it certainly wouldn't hurt to try the adult Chicken Soup. You definitely want something he wants to eat. I bought Innova's Evo line for my guys and they weren't big fans of it. Does the store you shop at offer samples? That can help you find something he will like and save you some money. I know we'd have several bags we never finished while finding something that worked for ours boys.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

We have always used dry WELLNESS brand for our dogs...they seem to do fine with it after 4 years. They love the chicken the best. We usually make our own chicken broth and throw a little of that on there too...maybe some leftover chicken or mashed potatoes or carrots/peas.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Stacey, most dog foods guarantee your satisfaction or your money back! I was going to attempt to bring the Innova back but a friend of mine who uses that brand bought the bag off of me! . worked out for me. I bought the Chicken soup, a smaller bag, and she tends to like it much better!