Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 12:53 AM   #1  
the kid's counting on me!

Angry lesbian mom looking for support,kid is five yrs old,i still haven't lost the baby fat

hi. I'm 41 years old and have a five year old. I live with my partner of fifteen years. I've gained 70 lbs. in the past fifteen years. I'm really ready to lose it now but need support. I'm looking for a buddy to email with reports of progress and encouragement. Just to keep me accountable.
I've tried different things, not into dieting at all, just conscious, healthy eating,
I was working out at a local gym for eight weeks then stopped for eight weeks. Now I'm back at it.
Any one out there with issues, interests common to mine?
Lets help each other lose the weight and keep it off and live long enough to dance at our children's weddings !!!
in a nice mother of the bride dress, not a muu-muu!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:22 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey Soozie!! When I told you that Lesbians were SOOO welcome, I didn't know you WERE!! Come on over to Alternachicks if you like us! We're really supportive. We're a little bizarre, but if you don't mind that...
Ellis
Old 06-20-2002, 08:37 PM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Sorry but I had to add ---

a LITTLE bizarre????? hehe

squeak - who never ever claimed to be normal......
Old 06-21-2002, 06:15 PM   #4  

Default just me again

Hey ladies.
Aren't there any of you out there??? I know alot of fat lesbians. So that can't be the problem. In fact the woman who is the office manager where I work is convinced that we have some kind of rule book.

She asked me the other day, why don't lesbians ever wear color, as in colored nail polish or makeup. She is such a trip. I told her that its in the rule book, we have to be fat, have short hair, hairy armpits, no nail polish or make up, flat shoes, hate men. .. you know the drill.

I mean my Dad is a man and I really love him... and I just got a manicure...well I'm rambling but I'm just hoping to entice your response, yeah you. Don't look at me like that. I'm talking to you. Write back and encourage me to pass up the wonderful sensation of eating junk for the wonderful sensation of having a healthy body that fits into clothes and can keep me going for many more years

and thank you alternachicks for your warm welcome, you're a weird and wild bunch and...I like that

Soozie
Old 06-21-2002, 07:17 PM   #5  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Soozie.....what a hoot your post is! I am not a lesbian....Yet...but let my husband p*ss me off one more time & I certainly could be persuaded!

2 of my best friends are lesbians, (but no they aren't a couple) in fact the one just bought a house with her partner less than a mile from us, since we basically live in what is considered the boonies around here that is pretty close. I have just finally agreed to start Playing rugby with the them on Sundays after months of the invites. They have told me that I will be the only one heterosexual girl there! I just hope that they don't hurt me! You know now that you mention it, all 3 of my lesbian friends, all have short hair, although the one is skinny as a rail, I guess that she didn't read that part of the manual!

Anyway, I didn't mean to butt in on your page, with not meeting all of your requirements, but I couldn't let you sit here & be lonely anymore!
Old 06-21-2002, 08:48 PM   #6  

thanks christina, you're a doll!!!! see you over at alternachicks (or here, you are welcome you know!!!)
Old 06-22-2002, 01:54 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Hey, soozie!

My hair isn't really short, and my armpits aren't hairy, but I wear very little makeup/nailpolish, prefer flat shoes and tolerate men, including my husband...I AM fat, however...does that make me an honorary lesbian??

Do you have to be one to reply,or will any old fat chick do? Do you think Barnes & Noble carries the manual? I could study.

I'm 44, soon to be 45, (like in 13 days...ulp) mother of 2...DD,16 and DS, 11...have a hubby of 19 years...good Lord, that's a long time...and I want to lose 100 lbs,ultimately, but for now will settle for less than 200...****, I'll settle for less than 250 at this point! (currently 255).

What kind of plan, if any, are you following? I've recently discovered a book, "Fit for Life," that I have been giving a whirl. It deals with "properly" combining foods, (LOTS of fruit and vegs)
to enable the body to process them more efficiently and to derive the most energy from ...been doing this for about a week and a half and have, so far, lost 5lbs...and I'm not starving! I'm becoming a total "nature woman," haven't eaten anything processed or with sugar and have purchased a juicer, which I love.

So there you have it...my story in a nutshell...what's yours?
Old 06-24-2002, 12:16 PM   #8  

Hey Kat,
Yes, I now dub you an official honorary Lesbian. You should be recieving your information packet with rule book within five business days.

Fit for Life sounds interesting. I'm not on a specific plan right now and am looking for some way to structure my eating but I know that dieting per se never works for me. I say that I try to stick with thoughtful, conscious eating. You know, just eating when I'm hungry, making healthy choices without getting into too much restriction or creating catagories of "bad" and "good" foods, just moderation. Kind of a Zen approach to eating

Exercise also helps me alot when I do it. I set a goal of exercising three times this week. I'll let you know if I make it. Busy week, first week of camp for my daughter and changing my work schedule.

Well, have to get my little girl ready for her tennis lesson. Oy vay...what will they think of next????

Have a good one!!! Soozie
Old 06-24-2002, 08:14 PM   #9  

Okay, WHERE are all the lesbians? I know there are a bunch out there, because I remember seeing a thread called, ummm, I forget... let me see if I can find them. If not, then ****... the rest of us will all just have to "switch over"! heh heh.

Hey Soozie, what are you doing at the gym? And how long are you working out? You know, you can post your food and exercise here if it'll help you. We love to read what other people are eating. How did the tennis lesson go?

You're right, you've got to lose weight. Your daughter needs you, your partner needs you, and there's nothing more beautiful than a gracefully aging lesbian. (don't tell my husband I said that!)

Kat, Fit for Life? I think I just read that! Well, I SORT of read it. I skimmed through it. Do you like it? I'm sort of doing something similar. I've stopped eating processed stuff (breads and cereals, chips and chocolate) except for today... MAJOR screw-up!
I'm finding that I'm not craving the carbs anymore, which is a BIG relief. I used to eat 12 slices of bread a day. Plus cereal, potatoes, rice, you name it...
19 years?! That's great!!

We've been married for 14 years. Daughter is almost 13 and son is 6. I'm 37 and I do believe I'm starting menopause.
I'm about 190 on my doctor's scale and 5'-3". In my teens and early 20's I had a boyish figure... slim hips, no discernible waist, small chest, etc. I jogged every day and thought I was fat!! Ah, youth. Wasted.

Let's see if I can dig up some supportive lesbians...
xoxo
ellis
Old 06-24-2002, 08:25 PM   #10  

hey soozie darling, I found them!!
Okay, go to...
General, then
Support, then
Alternative Group (June 21, 2002)

I don't know how many are gay, but they are....

"... a group of non-traditional lifestyle individuals. We are partnered, single, widowed, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Muslim, gay, bi-sexual, bi-colored and straight. We bask in our diversity and unite in the same goal of losing weight. If you are relatively open-minded and accepting of ALL walks of life, please join us."

xoxo
ellis
Old 06-24-2002, 09:58 PM   #11  

Default thanks Ellis

Hey Ellis, thanks doll. I went over and posted a message with them . We'll see what happens. Don't be to hard on yourself for your screw up today. Just jump back on the horse... Doesn't that sound a little naughty??? Actually I mean keep with your program.

I think it will help me to write a bit about my food and exercise. Accountability helps. I have a colleague and we voice mail each other every Friday with a check in. We're mainly checking in on exercise. Just setting a weekly goal and calling each Friday with a progress report.

My food hasn't been good though...thanks for your encouragement...I have to start thinking about what I really want to eat and why and just make sure to eat it. Not just grab, stuff it in, and run. Although if I did actually run all day.....

Which brings me to what I do at the gym. I do a simple weight circuit that the trainer devised that works all the major muscle sets...the weight machines work on a hydraulic system. Its very smooth and easy to adjust weights. Then I stretch. I always start with a fifteen to twenty minute cardio warmup , usually the treadmill. I try to finish with more cardio to burn fat. At least 20 minutes. I only do weights every other day, maximum of three days per week so if its a no-weights day I'll do 40 minutes or more of cardio, treadmill, eliptical, bike whatever. So I'm usually at the gym about an hour.

When I first started I was going a couple of times a week, then I built up to five days a week, then as I said Dad got sick and I quit going for eight weeks. Now its back to square one.

Again, thanks for trying to rustle up the lezzies for me
talk to you soon...soozie

Last edited by soozie; 06-24-2002 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:43 PM   #12  

Made it to the gym yesterday...today option is gym or pay my bills, think I'll prioritize bill paying first this time Don't want to pay those nasty late fees. Hopefully will get the the gym as well.
Its way too hot here to do walking outside today...maybe time to break out that Richard Simmons tape......Come out, come out whereever you are......
Soozie
Old 06-26-2002, 08:47 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

Exclamation

Okay, the information packet arrived and I have glanced over the enclosed materials...what's all this stuff about purple Tele tubbies? Am I required to purchase one?

I like your Zen approach to eating...I am following the guidelines of Fit for Life, but I have placed no hard and fast rules on myself...that usually just sets me up to break 'em!
I have been getting to the gym at least 3 times a week, sometimes more, but if I dont get there, I'll walk the dog or do something around here like cutting the grass or gardening. I know it helps to be accountable to someone else...so here we are!

I wanted to post more, but as soon as I sat down, my son decided that he needs me to cure his headache...couldn't be from too much TV or Game Boy, now could it?

I shall return...keep up the good work!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:56 PM   #14  

oh geepers. You girls are doing so well. I'm very pleased with your progress, Kat and Soozie. Do you wanna know what I ate today? Well, I'll tell you anyhow:

-two bowls of Weetabix cereal/skim milk
-two bowls of honey O's cereal/skim milk
-poached fish, mashed potatoes, corn
-bowl of chips
-two bowls of Rolo ice cream
-big bowl of popcorn with butter

I look like I'm nine months pregnant. But I can't be, because I've got my period.
I CAN'T STOP EATING!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 12:28 AM   #15  

Default food food food

Ellis honey me too. I'm pms I think, I ate alot of cereal today and three mini bags of chips from the big box o'chips that I bought for my kid's lunches for camp. Yuck ...I feel gross...the worst is when my bras get too tight and I get this extra piece of boob that falls out of the top of the bra...that is so gross...and with all the heat we've been having I hate having these monsterous boobies to stuff into a jumbo bra....

big box o'chips

big ole boobies jumping out of my brassiere

Just had to write those again to emphasize my point.
Well this has already been a busy crazy week and its not over yet.
We're going to the shore this weekend. Hope it will be relaxing. I'll be sure to walk when I'm there.

Be well and Ellis lets try not to snarf down everything in sight tomorrow...you and me girl...we'll be un-snarfers.

Soozie
Closed Thread