Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 03:06 PM   #1  

Unhappy I am in the middle of a plateau

I have been loosing weight for 6 months and doing very well. I have lost 64 pounds so far. However, I have hit a big plateau. I have not lost any weight for 2 weeks. I had been steadily loosing 2-5 pounds per week. My eating has not changed, but I have been working out more. As a matter of fact 3 weeks ago I started going to our company fitness center every day Monday through Friday. I have been doing 30-45 minutes of cardio and 20-45 minutes of weightlifting everyday. On Saturday and Sunday I piddle around the house and yard but dont do any concious exercise. I dont feel bad...I am not hungry all of the time. Can I be over doing it?? I can see a lot of improvement in muscle tone everywhere (and I alternate muscle groups with a day of rest in between). I am getting down in the dumps because of the plateau. What can I do to get through it quicker? Am I building muscle AND loosing fat at the same time and therefore not loosing any weight as far as the scales are concerned? Help!

(blue) Kat
Old 08-08-2002, 03:34 PM   #2  
just me

You may be building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. If that is what you want-to have more muscle-then it may be a good idea to accept that your weight will be as it is until your chemistry tells the scale to go down more. The same thing happened to me. But don't let it get you to the point of getting you so down you say the **** with your plan. I did that and regret it. It's been suggested to me not to go by weight but by measurements and BMI (body mass index-there is much information on it on the web). Good luck!
Closed Thread