Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Question Question about my thigh injury

Ok you know how just when you think things are finally going to work out and then something goes wrong....

Well that is exactly what happened to me yesterday. I finally was able to go to the gym and I received a gift card for 4 free personal training sessions.

On my second visit, my trainer had me do some leg lungs. First the right leg (15 reps) then the left. Well the right leg went just fine and then the left leg after the third lung I felt a pop in my thigh and the pain began. It was in the front alittle more to the left than the center. My trainer said it was probably a cramp. But I don't think so. I continued to finish the work out.
I did 30 mins. on the treadmill and 10 miles on the cycle. It didn't hurt extremely bad but it was still hurting.

When I got home I took Aleve and put ice on it.

I can't put my leg in the position where my leg is extended back even a little or it hurts, even walking bothers it because of the stide.

Do you have any idea what has happened to my thigh?
Old 10-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #2  

Red face

help
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #3  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you pulled a muscle. Did your trainer have you properly stretch before and after the workout? My old trainer would never have made me finish if I felt anything pop or hurt. You know your body best. Don't push yourself too hard or else you'll end up sidelined with an injury.

I would continue to stretch, especially in the shower when you're nice and warm. Hopefully it wasn't a major injury and you'll start to heal up in a day or two. If not, I'd go into the doctor and see what he/she thinks. That's just my opinion though.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #4  

No stretching to warm up. He didn't tell me to stop. Didn't seem to be all that concerned with it. He said he thought it might be a cramp. At the end of my workout he was asking another trainer questions about the classes offered which I had mentioned. That is when he said that he was new. Thanks for your advice. I will try the stretching in the hot shower.
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Uhh, a trainer can be new to a gym, that doesn't mean he should be new/untrained to training!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote