Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 562.3/404/195

Height: 6'3"

Default Weight loss Anniversary & another Anniversary….

In just a few weeks, November 18, 2006 to be exact, I will have been at my goal weight for 2 years. I have lost and maintained a 350 pound weight loss. That almost seems like a typo even to me. Not only that, but last week marks the second anniversary that I first saw Nan again after 28 years. My wife Nan and I graduated high school together. I had a huge crush on her back then but was too shy to tell her. Of course it was the worst kept secret crush in the history of mankind or so I was told years later. We got married 6 months later.

Time has flown by since I hit my weight loss goal. Transition to maintenance has not been that difficult - but it has been different. You know - your weight loss phase is so active and goal driven. I find that maintenance is still goal driven but for some reason it does not feel the same. It takes a different kind of focus to keep those healthy habits that you develop along the way to your goal.

I have to confess, I had a lot of good intentions when I was getting close to my goal. I would change my goals to other related things. For example, while keeping my weight the same, try and lower my percentage of body fat. Try to increase my endurance. Well, so far, I have not done very good at that. I don’t know if I just needed a break - or if for the first time in my life, I have a full, happy satisfied active life, I have just gotten a little side tracked. I am working on increasing my cardiovascular fitness. I want to ride the MS 150 next year and I need to get in better shape to do that. If you have not read about this great organization that raises money to help fight Multiple Sclerosis, then you should take a look here http://www.ms150.org/

Life two years down the road is good. I married a wonderful woman who is a great person and we really love each other and complement each other well. I feel I have a true life partner and I look forward to everyday with her and our kids. As so many people have discovered, losing weight and getting fit does not miraculously solve all of life’s problems. However, I will say that being fit and healthy absolutely make me able to face any adversity that comes my way with hope, energy and the idea that I can be successful.
I had hoped that some opportunity would come up that would let me help others in their weight loss and fitness journey. That is really a goal to me. I am always happy to answer any question or to help anyone along the path to fitness and good health.

I hope everyone is doing great - if I can ever help anyone, please let me know. I read the boards everyday and would be happy to help.

Charles ~ Houston, TX
Charles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Oh, Charles, congratulations on all the good things you have done for yourself and brought into your life! I am looking forward to being able to post about my maintenance anniversaries and seeing stories like yours make me all the more positive I'll make it. Thank you for sharing.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Good for you, Charles
You are quite an inspiration.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 562.3/404/195

Height: 6'3"

We went to the Texas Renaissance Festival this weekend.
Charles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Keep on truckin' CHARLES!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #6  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Thanks for sharing that Charles. You have done so well. People like you truly are an inspiration to those of use sitting here trying to make it to goal. When you see that others have done it and continue to maintain if gives a little glimmer of hope on those cloudy days that we can do it too. So thanks again for sharing and congrats on two years at maintenance. YOU ROCK!!!

inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

What an inspiration you are
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #8  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Wow! You are an amazing person. Thanks for posting your maintenance story!

You are helping so many people just by letting them read on 3fc about your journey.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Woohoo go CHARLES!!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/279/180

Height: 5'10"

Inspiration!

Congratulations. You must feel great!
Iconoclast at Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW269/CW259.8/GW150

Height: 5'3

Congrats Charles, that is amazing. You give me hope!
iluvfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Charles, you are the epitome of inspiration.

I am so happy to hear how you are enjoying your life. May you continue to do so for decades and decades to come.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #13  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I've always found your posts so inspiring and helpful!

Congratulations and thank you for your posts!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote