Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #1  
Intuitive Eater

Cool 8 Days A Week - Chat Thread

This is the official chat thread for the 8 Days A Week personal challenge.

The tracking thread can be found here: http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154205

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 10-16-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #2  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

This really is a great idea. I sometimes slip into the habit of slacking off right after my weigh in day as well. I'm looking forward to keeping track with everyone!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6.5

I NEED CONSTANT motivation as well so this is a good idea for me too. I just NEED TO STICK WITH IT!!! I end up weighing in everyday and when it is something I don't like, I usually go eat something I shouldn't because I feel like "what's the point?" So hopefully this will help me along with all the other stuff I'm trying!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

This is great. Thanks for starting this up!

I need to feel accountable.

Question: Maybe you went over this and I missed it, but what do we do on a new week? Delete the previous week and start over or do we continue on?

Last edited by raw23; 10-16-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #5  
Intuitive Eater

Welcome wrdfrog, JamieJo and raw23!

raw23, sorry if I didn't explain that well enough. Since this is an ongoing thing you may update your goals and accomplishments as often as you like. What I would recommend is to set your goals for the week: either daily, weekly or both. At the "end" of the week (I don't like to say "end" since we're trying to keep things moving but for the sake of explaining it, it may help clear things up) so at the "end" of the week post what you accomplished for that week in the "weekly accomplishments" section as a reminder that you got something done. (Leave your past week's accomplishments until the next week.) If you have daily goals you may post what you accomplished in the "daily accomplishments" section on a daily basis (no need to be restricted by weeks here as daily = ongoing.)

What might help make this challenging for ourselves is to push ourselves. If this week we did 30 minutes of exercise on Tuesday, maybe next Tuesday we'll aim for 35 minutes. Or if just getting up the energy to exercise at all is an accomplishment is reason to celebrate, then by all means celebrate it in your accomplishments section and challenge yourself to maybe do it again tomorrow.

It's really up to you how to use this space but the general idea is to just stick with it. That's the whole reason behind "8 days a week" as opposed to 7 days. I tend to get totally off plan on the weekEND (after all, I've been good all week) so if we get ourselves thinking that there is no end but only renewed commitment and take it in baby steps, with daily and weekly goals, hopefully "falling off the wagon" will happen less and less (or not at all).

I hope that helps.

(PS. I updated the wording on my format from "Daily Accomplishments This Week" to "Daily Accomplishments" to hopefully clear things up a bit.)
Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #6  
Intuitive Eater

I also added some instructions to the format on my post under each section.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #7  
Intuitive Eater

How is everybody doing today? So far it's been pretty good for me. Getting some goals accomplished today and staying on plan. Getting ready to get my treadmill work out in in just a few minutes. I think I've actually made it thru Friday ... just so long as I don't get the munchies before bedtime. (Unless they're triggered by a growling stomach, that I don't mind since I'm following Intuitive Eating.

Have a great evening everyone! <--- (Need a moon smilie for nite time!)
Old 10-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #8  
The beginning

S/C/G: 273/249/?

Height: 5" 6'

This sound like a wonderful idea. I hope you don't mind me joining in. I always eat right all week long but on the weekends I lose it with my eating. I also don't workout on the weekend except for just walking the streets of NYC.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #9  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

Hey everyone! So far so good with keeping myself good on the weekends. I haven't accomplished the goal I've set for today yet, but I've got a lot of other things done so I'm happy! I'm going to get to it later on this evening though.

I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy weekend!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #10  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnee66 View Post
I hope you don't mind me joining in.
shawnee66! Don't mind at all! I hope you find this helpful! It's my first weekend of really trying to stay committed and it's going well so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrdfrog View Post
Hey everyone! So far so good with keeping myself good on the weekends. I haven't accomplished the goal I've set for today yet, but I've got a lot of other things done so I'm happy! I'm going to get to it later on this evening though.
Good job wrdfrog!

I'm having a pretty good weekend myself. I made it thru Friday without a binge and got several goals accomplished yesterday. Been too busy today to set any goals but my eating is on track.

Have a great one everyone!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

I just joined! This is a great idea. I know it will help me a lot. I seem to do well unless I get sick or go out to eat. I've been trying to cut back on going out to eat. But when my mom or grandma want to it's hard for me.

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Eh... doing ok. Friday and Saturdays are a bit more lax.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:33 PM   #13  
Intuitive Eater

Hi barbarajean2605, I know what you mean about eating out, especially when others want to have something you don't. Since starting IE (intuitive eating) I am learning how to get along with food again so eating out is going better for me as nothing is off limits anymore. I'm learning more and more that the battle of the bulge is truly mind over matter.

raw23, hang in there and just stick with it! I think the more natural eating on the weekends become to us the easier it will be. Perhaps, if we learn to treat Friday, Saturday and Sunday just as Tuesday or Wednesday, it will all fall into place. Every day is a chance to get it right!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #14  

Height: 5'6.5

Hey guys - Sorry I've been gone a couple days. It was a drill weekend and I completely FELL off the WAGON! From Friday night through last night it was another free for all. I don't know why I do that because this morning when I got on the scale I still expected to be down (not sure why) and was very discouraged that I was up two pounds. Hopefully it's some water weight. I just really wanted to see under 160 this morning. Oh well, on my way to the goals page to update.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #15  
Intuitive Eater

Hang in there JamieJo! If you think you're going to have an off weekend, try pulling out all the tricks you know to help you thru ... drink a full glass of water just before a meal to help you eat less, keep gum handy when the craving to eat hits, eat lots of fiber to help you feel full ... you may not have a picture perfect weekend, but you could help control it a bit with little things. Best of luck to you!
Closed Thread