Old 10-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat: 10/18-10/19

Mornin' All!

It's supposed to be beautiful here this weekend....after a beautiful week. The leaves are falling now and we've got to get to work on them...before they take over the property! It's a daily task in the fall here, 3/4 of an acre of friggin' leaves. Yeah, by December, we've had it! But right now, I'm loving the slightly cool weather and gorgeous Fall colors.

My little guy came home sick yesterday. He puked right before DH picked up at daycare, then 2 more times last night. One of the other kids is confirmed to have Coxsackie virus, so now we're watching for any spots in his throat or hands/feet. It was a rough night.

My MIL, mom and aunt were gonna come over to day to help us around the house, but I called them and cancelled. Don't need them getting anything, especially since MIL is a teacher.

Weight is maintaining between 245-248 right now. I recognize that it's because I've been hitting the candy bowl on my desk that I filled with actual candy, not tootsie rolls or caramels or other stuff like that that doesn't tempt me as much. So I won't be refilling it once it's gone, which I'm sure will be soon.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Lauren - So sorry to hear about your little one. My son often sleeps with me (ok pretty much every night) and when he throws up it tends to be in the middle of the night all over my bed. I think that is the time I most truly miss having a husband.

Today I think we are going to have a fun day. It is our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. We always make a bunch of sugar cookies cut out into halloween shapes and this year my son is so into it. I made the dough last night and this morning we will make the cookies. I am hoping I can be strong and resist them!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #3  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Sorry about your little one LBH, hope he feels better soon.

Sugar cookies, yum! Yes, those are really a temptation Sarah.

Let's see...worked from 7:30am yesterday until about 8:15pm (had to work my demo job last night), so I was exhausted. I was already kinda out of it by 6pm when I left my FT job. Today, I'm here at work until 12pm, then I'm going to a writer's group here in town for Nanowrimo. At about 3pm or so, I have to leave there and head into Asheville to do my demo work at that store for a couple hours. Once that's done, I can meet up with the Asheville writer's group if I'm up to it at 6pm. Busy, busy! Thankfully though, tomorrow I'm totally NOT working. I can sleep in and chill out for the day.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #4  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Hey folks.

LBH..sorry about your little one

Aspara...have fun, no punkin pathces for us this year

I weighed today, I am down another pound. I managed 7 miles on the bike today. If I could eat just a bit better I think my weighed would drop off faster.

Have a fab weekend, Luke is home and now that he has given me a kid free day, I am going to spend the evening snuggling with him.

Byes!
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin ladies!

Lauren, I have woods behind my house so I feel your pain. We got a leaf blower last year. I plan on just blowing them off the cliff, haha. I guess your mom has recovered? Hope the little guy is feeling better soon!

Hey to everyone else, hope all have a great weekend.

It was very warm here all week, it finally cooled off and I opened the windows, if feels nice.

Not alot going on here. I'm selling computers on EBAY. Hopefully it will go well!

Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

I'm doing pretty good. Getting over a migraine. Thankfully, I still had some medicine with me the other day and just had to get a few more. Nothing really exciting this weekend. My ex has my daughter, but I'm going to get her in a couple hours to go out with my mom and grandma for lunch.

LBH- Sorry to hear about your little one. It's no fun when they are sick.

Sarah- The pumpkin patch sounds like fun and I love sugar cookies.

Kati- Congrats on the weight loss and exercising. I'm going to try and get 8 miles in of walking today.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys! This is my first post in this section of the forum.

I went out to see a movie with the bf last night, and today I'm just relaxing to some music and online games.

It's kinda chilly near NYC this weekend, so I'm trying to stay warm.

How do you guys walk/run for 7 or 8 miles a day? I wish I had that sort of stamina!
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I, too, would like to know how people have the motivation, time and stamina for all this exercise. I am so jealous. I can do, maybe, 2 miles and I have to force myself. It does help motivate me to read about everyone else doing it though.

My four year old and I got hit with the snot cold. And it makes our attitudes a little snotty too. We did go to a small festival today and had a good time though.

It has been getting dark early and I am wanting to watch movies. We have netflix, but I need some recommendations. Does anyone have any good suggestions? No Zombie movies though. I hate zombies.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #9  
Sarah

I just saw Smart People and I liked that a lot. Have you seen Juno? Love that movie!!

Just wanted to let you all know that not one sugar cookie has passed my lips! Feeling very strong today.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'4"

riley... i actually put my netflix on hold b/c i found that to be more of distraction than an enabler in getting me to be more active.

that said, here are my top five movies (at the moment):

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Run Lola Run, Dan in Real Life, V for Vendetta, and The Wedding Singer

Good luck finding something to watch though
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Oh, I wanted to see Smart People...I see adds for movies when they are released, but I always forget about them by the time the dvd comes out. I love staying up late on weekends and curling up with a movie. I just don't usually have the energy lately.

blackdove - I think we have the same taste in movies - I loved Wedding Singer and Eternal Sunshine...Thanks for the other suggestions.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #12  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Gah hub woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. By the time I got two miles into my ride he had made me mad enough to yell. we got calmed down and made up and I got in another 6 miles. Then we headed over to the other post, had lunch at BK (I had a salad and water) and then we hit the park. There is a two story slide in the park and we all ran up the stairs down it about six times, including the baby! *gasp* A couple hours later we headed home for naps, computer time, and me and hub curled up to watch a movie. Over all a pretty good day.

So my total now is 63 miles of my 1,859 miles. WooT
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning chicks,

We are having a pretty nice weekend here. We had plans to have dinner with DH's boss last night and they had an accident on the way to our house. So, we ended up going to meet them about 1/2 hour from home. We didn't get home until 11 PM and I hadn't planned for that! I'd told the baby sitter to just let the kids stay up and we'd put them to bed. So, they got to bed very late and slept in this AM. It was nice! They didn't get up until 9. We enjoyed the sleep in!

I hope every one is having a super great weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #14  
Sarah

Howdy all. Just cleaning my house/trying to cook some food for the week/doing laundry. Fun, fun, fun! I had a splurge yesterday. I went and bought a Wii and Wii Fit. Yikes - I so cannot afford that but I have really wanted one for a long time and I have been doing so good with my food and so I just decided to get it. And I am so happy with it! I got up this morning and did a bunch of games before my son got up. I think I am going to turn into a Wii addict. Haha!
Old 10-19-2008, 02:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Well... tomorrow is the day!! I get to give notice!!! You guys must be so sick of listening to me complain about my job... so sorry about that. I've spent many drive's home crying over the past 2-3 weeks and not only did this job come at the perect time but it's also a godsend. If everything works out the way I think it will, it's going to be a great change. I cannot wait to get the **** out of the other place. This is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life.

I've been doing my Turbo Jam videos and I am so sore today that I am taking a rest day. It's a good sore... LOL The videos are so much fun that it doesn't feel like exercise but I sweat my butt off and dance and stuff and it's great!! The scale showed a nice 0.8 lb loss yesterday so I'm happy about that too. So all in all a great weekend!!

Enjoy!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 10-19-2008 at 02:26 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote