Old 10-18-2008, 02:10 AM   #1  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Question Low Impact/High Cardio?

Hey All--
I've been looking around to see if there are any videos out there that don't involve too much "jumping" or "Twisting"??? I injured my knee in May and have tried really hard not to let that stop me exercising, but unfortunately...

As for the injury: I'm pretty sure it is "loose back of the knee muscles"-- When I took my Roller Skating fall, I felt weirdness (to put it in non-gross language!) in the back of my knee-- The doctor thought it was a patella thing, but now, even when I do back-leg-extensions (on all fours, extend leg behind to straight, then bring back in) I feel the back of my knee "catch".. If that makes sense
Dunno if that was relevant, but I thought it might be nice to add that in there, in case someone else has an injury or condition similar to mine!

So-- Basically any standing twists, any hopping, any pivoting... all out of the question. It's AMAZING what stress we put on our knees!!!

Thing is-- I'm pretty fit, cardiovascularly, because I dance (weirdly enough, jumping like crazy in Irish Dance doesn't affect my knee at all...) So I need something that will make me SWEAT and get a good cardio workout!!

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting desperate to MOVE!!

Last edited by weegreenlassie; 10-18-2008 at 02:21 AM. Reason: additional info:
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:30 AM   #2  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi. Have you ever tried the Leslie Sansone walking videos?
I use one and brisk walk 3 miles with her program. It looks easier than it is! My heart rate stays elevated and I sweat A LOT! You can check out clips of her videos here:
http://www.collagevideo.com/

Last edited by Kim K; 10-18-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #3  
Jig, Don't Jog

Hi Kim I could only get the cardio hips buns and thighs link to work (I'm on a mac...) The movements she uses with the kicks, and the squat and kicks are too "jerky"... (I guess I should have included flinging kicks in things I can't do!!...)
Although, if there's just "walking" videos, maybe I'll give one of those a go That 3 mile walk video you talked about sounds interesting!
Old 10-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #4  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi again. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific about the video. Even in the one I have 'Walk Away The Pounds - Intensity Walk', she does do knee raises and kicks.
I hope someone will come up with something that is right for you! I get a lot of good advice on this site! Good luck!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #5  
Jig, Don't Jog

Thanks!!! And thanks so much for the quick replies!!!
I didn't think those kicks and squats would be a big deal... but I tried them, and, apparently they are. They look like great videos for when my knee is stronger, though! I'll definitely keep them in mind