Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 06:42 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Another Alternachick dips her toe in the water

Hello!!!

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself! So glad I found this great place on 3FC!!

I recognize a few of you from the Low Carb forum - so glad to see you here!

I've always marched to a different drum - I'm so glad to find a place where we can branch out, put our feet up and talk about all kinds of stuff.

Here's a little about me.........

I'm 41, live in Northern VA - work full time, mom to a great 12 yr old daughter.

I recently started low carbing - doing my own mix of Protein Power and Atkins - trying to get in the exercise habit.

I'm from upstate NY, have lived a few different places, travelled all over, used to be a Spanish teacher, have a couple degrees that look great on paper, don't like to label myself - so I consider myself a woman who loves women, currently have a male partner, broke up with my girlfriend a while back - I'm not religious - but practice my own brand of spirituality.

I love travel, education, learning, reading, swimming, wine, hot tubs, swimming, hiking ( can't wait to start again!), great conversations, movies and all kinds of stuff.

I am open minded and love to make new friends, especially interesting ones
Old 08-05-2002, 08:12 PM   #2  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Hi Barefoot, & welcome, just peeked in seeing that no one had posted yet!

I am 32, 2 children, 1 husband (Who could stand more?). I am on the downswing of the diet, but feel like this stretch may be the longest!

Where in Norhtern VA? I am in Harrisburg PA, but get to the DC area about once a month for work.

Since the weightloss I have become lots more active with Dance class, biking & even just signed up for a lesbian Rugby team. (OK the jerseys don't say that or anything, I am just the only heterosexual on the team. Great friend that got me started on it teases me that she had her "gaydar' on, & knows something I don't! DH likes to tease me about it too, but I love them all, have a great time...and just maybe if one of them were single....

Come check out the other threads if you haven't yet, we can be a little wild, but everyone has a huge heart!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:45 AM   #3  
the kid's counting on me!

welcome barefoot. you can read all about me in the Lesbian Mom thread. That's me, Soozie. Anyway, welcome and join us. Lots of wonderful women here.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:25 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Don't be modest, soozie...tell her your FULL name..."soozie the luscious lesbian!"

Welcome, Barefoot! This group is wacko...I mean that in the best way, of course!
Old 08-06-2002, 03:41 PM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME BAREFOOT!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 04:30 PM   #6  

Talking

Y'all are sweet!

(as a native NYer, I never thought I'd hear myself say that! LOL)

Oh, I live about 15 miles west of D.C. in the burbs (help!!!) but a grrrl has to make a living!

I love wackiness - doesn't it seem like lots of people take things too seriously or is it me?

since you already have a Terri - I'll go with barefoot
Old 08-06-2002, 06:27 PM   #7  
Is it Friday yet?

Heyyyy are you a Terri too??? I'm a Terri, she's a Terri, wouldn't you like to be a Terri too?....

Welcome!! Yes, a whacky bunch here... I find myself giggling quite often and not being able to share why (my Mom's my co-worker and well, there's just some things I'm not getting into with her).

Anyway, I'm Terri, but I think I covered that already. I live in central Oregon, blissfully divorced, love people in general but am currently having a semi-affair over the phone (long story - first person to make my toes curl in 8 years), no kids, just kitties (3 sisters all 5 mos. apart) and while I love to study all the worlds religions I call myself Pagan (best catch-all I could find).

Welcome to the group!!

Terri (duh)
Old 08-06-2002, 07:37 PM   #8  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Barefoot, Wow maybe we can get together sometime...maybe to celebrate when we both hit our goal weights! I am going to Annandale VA this weekend, to see my Girlfriend & my newest Godchild, then heading to Falls Church to drop off kids for the weekend with SIL.
(I won't suggest a meeting just yet, don't want you think I am some freak who will start stalking you! Would rather you know that I am some freak, although I won't ever stalk you!)
Old 08-07-2002, 06:54 AM   #9  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

WELCOME!

squeak
Old 08-08-2002, 12:08 PM   #10  

Talking

Hey ! I love all these welcomes!

Yes, Christina - if you travel down this way on a regular basis - that might be fun! I'm not far away at all.

I'm not worried about your stalker status - I trust the other chicks would let me know!

See you all on the other threads barefoot Terri
Old 08-13-2002, 10:13 PM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi Barefootgrrrl! Welcome to the Alternachicks forum!
Old 08-15-2002, 10:47 AM   #12  

Talking Hi!! I'm another Virginian!

barefoot,

this is my first post on the site (woo hoo!) and i wanted to say hello to EVERYONE, but especially you since I, too, am in NOVA.

i'd love to be buddies if you're looking for one ... i'm almost 35 and have decided it's time to GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

hello again, and i hope to hear from you! feel free to email if you like, or post here. i'll check back!

~ bribrie
[email protected]
Old 08-15-2002, 07:31 PM   #13  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi bribrie! Welcome to the Alternachicks forum

I just turned 35 and am getting my tush in gear to get fit and fabulous. I have lost some weight since last February and I am close to my goal but I am trying to develop a healthier lifestyle both in the food and the exercise departments.

Good luck with you goals!
Old 02-08-2003, 12:13 PM   #14  

Default joyfully surprised!

H Everyone,

I'm new to Chicks and just found you all! About myself-

I'm married with 2 kids, bi, live in VA (45 min south of DC), am an artist, work ft at a university, am into my religion (Jewish) and interested in ALL faiths, and am ready to lose about 75 lbs. I have Type 1 diabetes and a mood disorder which makes the weight loss very difficult, but not impossible. I need the support for sure, and a sense of humor is vital!! Thanks for being here and for being "alternative." (whatever that means!)

Old 02-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #15  
grateful

Hey everybody. Help I'am lost. I think I may be bi.????????? Just treading the waters. I have about 120 lbs to lose. I went yesterday, I was really upset with all these new feelings inside of me, so I went and bought a ton of comfort food. I made 4 lbs. of homemade fudge, barbeque chips, chocolate chip cookies, waffles/butter/syrup, well you get the picture. I really need someone to talk to about my thoughts of of late and I need some diet buddies. Its time for me to get serious about this weight loss issue. Anybody---------------------- Thanks
Closed Thread