Old 10-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Irish Accents and December Deadlines

*Ominous music* I'm baaaaaaack.

Tee-hee.

So. Last time I was here on 3FC, I spent.. er. The better part of my existence here. And while I was here, I lost ten lbs. And I felt fabulous.

Ladies. I am back. And I am here for help. I am hoping to become as absorbed with 3FC as I once was, because total absorption in it keeps my will power strong.

Story Time, complete with pictures:

Once upon a time in the summer of 2007, Jelbb went to Ireland. She had no real reason to do so, but the idea of going to another country to work and play for four months... just for sh!ts and giggles seemed like a good idea at the time. The Jelbb of 2007 had more dispensable cash than the Jelbb of 2008...

Whilst in the Emerald Isles, Jelbb met a boy. Or a man. A guy. Well, whatever he was, he had a sexy Irish accent, and it made Jelbb melt-- even though she couldn't understand him at first, and was constantly unintelligently furrowing her eyebrows and saying, "What?" much to his amusement.

Irish boy and Jelbb got along rather well, and traveled cross-Ireland three or four times to see each other (for one lived in Galway, and the other on the other side of the country, in Dublin). Fortunately for them, "the other side of the country" was only a 3 hour bus ride. Huzzah for tiny countries.

Alas, Irish boy went to Thailand with friends for 6 weeks... 3 weeks before Jelbb went back home to Canada for the beginning of her second year of university.

The two did not talk for about 6 months, when suddenly they began conversing on MSN. They both lamented that while they'd seen other people, neither had met anyone who they'd liked as much as each other in the past 6 months! Over several months of deliberation, Irish boy eventually decided to come visit Jelbb in Canada.

Irish boy came to visit Jelbb and stayed with her for 5 weeks.

He and Jelbb got along pretty damn well, one might say, and she is spending Christmas with his family in Dublin, and they are discussing her moving to Ireland next year.

The Problems:

Ladies... I am tired of speaking in the third person.
        And as such, I beseech you... help me get back on track, and help me start losing the blubber-flub that does not belong on my tummy and thighs.

I'm going to see my Irish Boy in December, and I'd like to surprise him by feeling and looking happy and healthier. All I need is you ladies to be around and making weight loss fun again, to keep me coming back to 3FC!

<3 Jelbb

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-12-2008 at 10:22 PM.
        Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

You are absolutely hilarious! You won't have trouble making your own friends if you move to Ireland. Remember, if he had wanted an Irish Barbie, he would have gotten one before he met you!

As to your blubber-flub? You must tackle it and beat it into submission so you can call yourself the Conquerer of Flab! and your self-confidence will be high, and the irish peasants will bring you ale and goats.

You guys look really sweet in your picture!
        Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

hey Jelbb,

You are beautiful

Lucky you, I went over seas this summer, I met no one besides drunk German men wanting one night stand with girls from the states. ewww

any way - welcome back! This place really is amazing isn't it I wish you the best of luck, what is your plan of action?
        garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Your post was hilarious!!! How exciting that you have a trans-Atlantic romance going on. Sounds so romantic!!
        Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #5  
        clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Oooh I remember you! Actually I was thinking about you the other day and wondering where you were! Glad you were off having a good time.
        yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #6  
        Queen Yo-yo

Kofarq:
        Hahaha, I may be in love with you.
        I will be... the CONQUEROR OF THE FLAB!
        Though, I do wonder where these Irish peasants are getting all of the goats from, and I also wonder whether they could bring me sheep instead, because they're cuter than goats. Goats' eyes freak me out... :s

garstar:
        Thanks darling! Oh, boo for the drunken German men. Lol. Did you give 'em the ol' eff-off, American-style?
        It IS amazing, I love it here, hehe. Thanks for the luck! And.. my plan of action. Hum-ho. Well, my mother went from 190-something lbs to 139 lbs by cutting out wheat, gluten and sugar, and has kept it off consistently despite working some sugar back in here and there.
        Since my mother and I have essentially the EXACT same body, I'm assuming it'll work rather well for me, hehe. So, I intend to rock out some exercising at the gym, walk to campus instead of taking the bus, and stick to rye breads, rice, green veggies, fruit and chicken/turkey! Any opinion on the whole no-wheat/gluten jazz?

Chele615:
        Haha, you'd think it romantic, but MSN can only allow for so much romance.
        Actually, people keep telling me that me and Irish Boy remind them of the movie P.S., I Love You, and I'm like, "So... are we expecting him to die young, or...? "

yesitsmeagain:
        I REMEMBER YOU TOO! Yay! People who were here last time I was, hehe. How are ya, darlin?

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-12-2008 at 08:35 PM.
        Old 10-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default There have...

Been a few threads lately with all of us lamenting about how being in a relationship causes weight gain. LoL.

There is no cure for it, except to cook at home and control what you eat. And to not engage in chronic snacking with him, because he will never seem to gain weight, while on the other hand for most of us women, just LOOKING at a snack cracker causes us to put on a pound.

It's unfair!
        NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

hehehe oh mys i was just thinking of P.S. I love you...What a romantic story!!!! . A friend of mine met her husband from England online and they met...fell in love..got married and he is living here.......I LOVE hearing about people from different parts of the world falling in love..AMAZING! Keep us posted!
        angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #9  
        Queen Yo-yo

N. Kitten:
        Oh man. He was baffled by that. He came on MSN.. JUST the other day, and got all, "Me mate Duffy said the most LUDICROUS thing today..."
        "What'd he say?"
        "He said that girls gain weight when they're in relationship.. geez, where he comes up with these things--"
        ".... some girls do gain weight in relationships..."
        ".......... they do?"
        "Yes?"
        "Oh. ......why?"

Why do you guys think that is??? I think, to be totally honest, that the reason I gain weight when I'm in a relationship is because I get uber comfortable around the guy, then don't worry about how much crap I'm stuffing in my face in front of him, because I know he likes me ANYHOW, lol. I didn't want to say that to him, of course, because... no guy wants to worry that his girlfriend is going to start shoveling lard down her throat three times a day because she's in a relationship. Much as they say they don't care how much you weigh.

angelanicole23:
        My friend has the exact same story as your friend! Minus the marriage. But it's a British guy she met online, and she moved there for 18 months, and now he's living here with her, and they're sooo in love. It's sickening.
        Old 10-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #10  
        Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I've got a similar situation going on with a boy in San Francisco. I'm going to visit him in 14 days.

But San Francisco boy has food issues to the point where he is like 10 feet tall (okay, 6' 8" or so) weights 160 pounds and can only eat meat and veggies without getting sick, AND he's constantly hungry. But he enjoys making me french toast and lots of yummy high calorie things. He's been to a lot of doctors about it who have been very unhelpful and it now very grumpy about them, but needs to go again lest he get down to a single food group and die.

A woman I work with has been cutting out gluten and it hasn't been too hard for her so far. Enough people are allergic to it where it's pretty easy to get gluten-free stuff. A bunch of people in the office went raw for 3 days and that was hard. After that just no gluten seems like a vacation.

My other piece of advice is to ditch the MSN and get Skype. Sooo, much better.
        SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #11  
        Fancy Shmancy bo Bancy

S/C/G: 168/115/110 Now: 129/129/105

Height: 5'2"

UgHghGhGhgh, I FEEL your PAIN. Right in the gut. Next to my ovaries. You know, those things that give me chocolate cravings every 28 days.

My boyfriend is in New Zealand right now, and he's coming to visit in December hopefully...I want to suprise him with healthiness/thinness/hotness too! It just sucks, because every time I see pictures of him with his friends (especially those of the female persuasion), everyone is super thin and super tan. I guess living on an island will do that to people. They're all scavenging around amongst the wild brush for kiwi birds and shellfish.

I wish the best for the both of us!!

~Laura~
        RedPorcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Your rhetoric is so cute, and so are you! Good to have you back on the site, and good luck!
        kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #13  
        Queen Yo-yo

SavingServo:
        Dude. Do you think that Sanfransico Boy might have Celiac Disease or something?? Has he been tested for that? You should ask. Maybe I just have gluten on the brain. But I wonder if he'd feel ill if he ate gluten-free breads, or rice pasta instead of regular ones....

Laura:
        Ooooh, New Zealand. Crazy cool. He have the accent? One of my profs is from New Zealand. The moron twins I sit next to in that class for the sake of having someone to talk to were discussing animatedly the other day how ironic it is that our British Imperial Culture class is taught by a British person. I just gaped at them in awe, like, "How. HOW could you mistake a New Zealand accent for a BRITISH one???"

Stupid thin tanned people. Thank god that I have the excuse that "I live in an igloo." for my lack of tan. Love being Canadian. When they ask me how I'm so white, I will simply say that it helps me to blend into the snow when the polar bears are hunting past my ice shack.

My Plan: You. Me. Super Sexay come December. Deal? We'll make the foreigners say "wow."

Kelly:
        Haha, thanks darling, so sweet of you! And, congrats on the 33 lbs, that's amazing!!
        Old 10-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #14  
        clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Jelbb- I fell off the wagon again, so I've been back for about 6 weeks. Lesson learned: must stay here forever. I had the flu last week and lost 5 lbs- want me to send you some e-germs?

I think I gain weight in relationships because I tend to go out and eat more (it's our default date). Also we'd tend to order more food like appetizers, desserts and drinks, or go out for ice cream. Then of course you'd rather spend time with the person so going to the gym to exercise is out...
        yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 10-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #15  
        Queen Yo-yo

Yima:
        Yeahhhhh... I fell off the wagon as well. I need to stay obsessed with this place forever and ever. Unfortunately, I'm super fickle. I get really obsessed with forums for a while, then just.. stop really suddenly. I need to stick with it!

How are things going this time around? Is the 6 lb loss within the past 6 weeks? Congrats!!!
        Oh, hey! You are at your mini-goal 5 days in advance! Well done, you!!!!

And.. yeah, I agree. I think it really does become the default date, doesn't it? "What'd'you wanna do? Dinner? Sure. "
        And especially when your relationship is on a deadline... long-distance and someone's going home soon... you don't want to waste evenings apart by going to the gym when you could be enjoying each others' company... truuuuue....

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-12-2008 at 10:45 PM.