Old 10-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #1  
ChunkyDunkersAnon Founder

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Yo-yoing ):

Every time I make a goal and lose a certain amount of weight, the next morning I'll be up 3 or 4 pounds again! Then I'll dip down really low, a few pounds more than I'd expect to lose, and I'll feel great! But then the next day I'll weigh a little more. It's really hard for me to feel like I'm accomplishing anything like this... when I first started, it was constant losing for 2 weeks... and I'm not being overly strict with the calories and I am not entirely sedentary. But it's like my body can't make up it's mind! Agh! What do I do with this stupid, stupid scale *kick*
littleblacklies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Your body fluctuates on a daily basis. It's not just going to have a steady weight/loss every single day. TONS of things can affect your weight.

If it's really bothering you, maybe you should only weigh yourself once a week.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

The fluctuations are SO normal. One cup of water weighs about a 1/2 pound, so you can see how much influence water weight can have. Here is my weight loss plotted on a daily basis. As you can see, pretty constant fluctuations - yet obviously a consistent loss over time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008-10-12_102327.jpg (43.6 KB, 18 views)
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I think it's only yo-yoing if you are constantly going on and off a diet. It seems like you have been working the whole time, so it just seems like natural flux. Maybe try looking at your weight only after a longer time period, once a week or whatever works for you, and you won't be as easily frustrated by the daily fluxuations that everyone gets.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #5  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

I pretty much agree with the above posters. It's totally normal to have fluctuations during a weight loss plan, and as long as you stick with it and you're seeing overall results (and it looks like you are--10 lbs, yea!!), try not to let it cramp your style! It always sucks when you see a little spike in your weight, but you just have to remember that overall, it's lower than it was before. For example, whenever I accidentally go over my calories for the day, I've usually gained 1-2 lbs the next time I weigh in. It sucks and I want to beat myself up, but then I try to remind myself that I only gained 2 lbs back, not 50, and I think we can all agree which option is more preferable, LOL. I wouldn't consider it "yo-yoing" either, IMO that's more of a term for someone who loses a significant amount of weight all at once, gains it all backs, loses it all again, yadda yadda yadda... That is extremely unhealthy. But if you are truly making healthy food choices and exercising and all that fun stuff, maybe you should just ignore the scale for now. Or limit yourself to weighing only once every couple weeks or once a month if the fluctuations bother you that much.

Btw, have you considered taking measurements? A lot of people find that to be another good way to track your progress.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote