Old 10-11-2008, 02:41 AM   #1  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Default 30 Something Weekend Chast Oct. 11 and 12.

Hey folks!

Wow this has been a busy couple of days for me. Luke got a military award on Thursday (forgive if I have already mentioned this, super exciting for me) then he went back to deployment training. A friend and I took the girls and we went to Rothenburg, a walled town (used to be at the base of a castle but the castle fell down years ago) and walked up and down the streets eating silly nibblets of German food and making fun of the packs and herds of tourists.

Then we came home and sat around talking to our husbands (who are together) on the phone. We weren't expecting them until Friday night, but the silly boys got released early and came home, while we were talking to them, to surprise us!

Yesterday Luke and I took the girls back to Rothenburg for lunch and more tracking around (I would say over the last two days I walked about 10 miles) and to tour the criminal museum there. The have 'real' chasity belts. Now, I know where the idea of the G string came from!

We stopped by another castle on the way home and took pictures and then came home to a wonderful supper that was low fat and yummy!

I wieghed this morning, and I am down 2 pounds!!!!! I am so excited and happy right now.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..just a quick hi. off to work. Tomorrow is my day off, going up to helen to celebrate octoberfest and go thr a corn maze.

Kati-sounds like you are having fun in germany. One place DH and i want to go!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #3  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hello everyone!

I've finally got a whole weekend off. Much to do, including repairing this washing machine I got off freecycle (needs a new belt). Right now though, I feel like doing nothing.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Guys... still sick so this will be quick. Weigh-in this morning showed a nice 1.4 pound loss for a grand total of 20.4!!!

I need to update all my trackers and then I'm going back to bed...

Kati... sounds like a blast! Germany is definitely on my bucket list!! LOL

GG - Have fun doing your maze! I got lost in one of those once with my son. It took us two hours to find our way out!! LOL It was actually pretty funny. I kept waiting for Malakai to jump out from between the stalks and warn me that the Incubus will get me!! LOL (Children of the Corn... remember?)

Ranger... my dryer is going. DH already put a new belt on it once... good luck with the washer.

Have a good Satuday all!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 10-11-2008 at 10:23 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am working up courage to try running outside. I have been doing the treadmill and I am getting bored with it. I just don't like it and I have been slacking. Does anyone else run outside? I am not coordinated and I am scared of tripping, falling or IDK. I just want to try it. I was going to run at the high school track, but yesterday was soooo windy. I really hate the wind.

I am looking forward to a nice BBQ later at a friend's house and some fun family time today. I do wish I was in Germany though...sounds like a beautiful time. And I do have load of laundry to do. Hope everyone else has a great day! alisa
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #6  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kati View Post
Hey folks!

Wow this has been a busy couple of days for me. Luke got a military award on Thursday (forgive if I have already mentioned this, super exciting for me) then he went back to deployment training. A friend and I took the girls and we went to Rothenburg, a walled town (used to be at the base of a castle but the castle fell down years ago) and walked up and down the streets eating silly nibblets of German food and making fun of the packs and herds of tourists.

Then we came home and sat around talking to our husbands (who are together) on the phone. We weren't expecting them until Friday night, but the silly boys got released early and came home, while we were talking to them, to surprise us!

Yesterday Luke and I took the girls back to Rothenburg for lunch and more tracking around (I would say over the last two days I walked about 10 miles) and to tour the criminal museum there. The have 'real' chasity belts. Now, I know where the idea of the G string came from!

We stopped by another castle on the way home and took pictures and then came home to a wonderful supper that was low fat and yummy!

I wieghed this morning, and I am down 2 pounds!!!!! I am so excited and happy right now.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
Congrats to Luke! Tell him thank you for serving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
morning all..just a quick hi. off to work. Tomorrow is my day off, going up to helen to celebrate octoberfest and go thr a corn maze.

Kati-sounds like you are having fun in germany. One place DH and i want to go!
Have a good weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
Hello everyone!

I've finally got a whole weekend off. Much to do, including repairing this washing machine I got off freecycle (needs a new belt). Right now though, I feel like doing nothing.
I'm going to pray for the machine. Hopefully you get it up and running soon. I can't wait to get one of my own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
Hi Guys... still sick so this will be quick. Weigh-in this morning showed a nice 1.4 pound loss for a grand total of 20.4!!!

I need to update all my trackers and then I'm going back to bed...

Kati... sounds like a blast! Germany is definitely on my bucket list!! LOL

GG - Have fun doing your maze! I got lost in one of those once with my son. It took us two hours to find our way out!! LOL It was actually pretty funny. I kept waiting for Malakai to jump out from between the stalks and warn me that the Incubus will get me!! LOL (Children of the Corn... remember?)

Ranger... my dryer is going. DH already put a new belt on it once... good luck with the washer.

Have a good Satuday all!!
Awesome on that 1.4 lbs down! Feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyozzy View Post
I am working up courage to try running outside. I have been doing the treadmill and I am getting bored with it. I just don't like it and I have been slacking. Does anyone else run outside? I am not coordinated and I am scared of tripping, falling or IDK. I just want to try it. I was going to run at the high school track, but yesterday was soooo windy. I really hate the wind.

I am looking forward to a nice BBQ later at a friend's house and some fun family time today. I do wish I was in Germany though...sounds like a beautiful time. And I do have load of laundry to do. Hope everyone else has a great day! alisa
I have yet to even run. I've been outside walking, but I think I'm going to move onto power walking with a stick. No courage to run yet.

I'm going house hunting today. I have to get ready now. Everyone have a good weekend if I don't get back on here!!!!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls!

kati, congrats to your DH, and yes, thanks for his service!!! I too would love to go to Germany one day. There is a town called "Regensburg" where my ancestors came from. My maiden name is Regensburger. My grandparents have been there and love it. My dad has a b&w pic of the "Regensburg" sign from the train station hagning on his wall...pretty cool.

GG, hope you gusy enjoy your day off tomorrow!!

Ranger, good luck fixing the washer. Nothing beats getting something for free, eh?

Valerie..."Malachai"...man, does that bring back memories. Remember how creepy that Isaac kid was and how he said it?? "Malachai". Eww. I remember being terrified of cornfields after that movie. My family went camping a week after I saw it, and we were right next to a cornfield...fun. NOT!! Hope you feel better. Oh, and WOO-HOO ON THE 20 LBS!!

Riley, I run outside sometimes...so much better than the treadmill. It's less shock to your feet/legs, and the fresh air and change of scenery can't be beat. Just pop on your headphones and go, don't worry about it. Hope you enjoy your BBQ!!

Sass, hope you have luck with house hunting. Sure is a great time to be a buyer!!

Well, had to deliver a cake this AM. DH is putting in a new water heater for friends of ours, took the kiddos with him to play (YAY!!), so I 'm using this time to catch up here. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Gotta go decorate some cookies for a cookie pot. Probably going to a friend's for the Eagles tomorrow. HOpe eveyrone has a great weekend!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

hi all its been a not so fun day. sicker today, i think my body is reacting to the meds. aparently i forgot to eat when i took the meds so nothing would stay down, once i got past that hurdle i was able to work outside in my flowers.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #9  

evening all. Work was crazy busy but it helped the day go fast. Now just relaxing, enjoying dinner, a drink (alcoholic LOL), and a great football game so far.

me4life...take the meds with food next time...if you still feel that bad after that, cal your dr. Maybe they need to switch meds. You shouldn't vomit with meds. Try taking it with food...and if you still are vomiting, contact your dr or pharmacist...you may be allergic to the meds.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #10  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Ack, after fiddling with the washer a bit today, I decided that I need to enlist the help of a friend. Hoping he might be able to come by tomorrow evening, if not early week.

Other than that, I just sort of took it pretty easy today (did some cleaning though). Going to be helping some friends with painting and all tomorrow.

hey riley, good luck with your running! Everyone else, hope you're weekend is treating you well thus far.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #11  

Morning all. Its my day off...DH and i are taking a mountain drive...going to a cheesy german town for oktoberfest and then to a corn maze. I just wish i wasn't so tired. I was a bit of an insomniac last night and couldn't fall asleep until 1.30 or so. I think i'm a bit worried about my puppy..its bad being a vet and owning a dog, you become paranoid. She started limping a few days ago, and when i was examining her, one of her toes is very painful. I did xrays on her yesterday and all i saw was swelling. but last night the swelling seemed worse and she's more painful. I'm very concerned she might have cancer in that foot. So monday I'm going to take her in and sedate her so I can get a sample of that area and send off to a lab. Hopefully if it is something cancerous, i've caught it early. She's the best dog in the world and don't want anything bad happening to her.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 10-12-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Riley, after I started running outside, I don't like treadmills any more. When you're outside you get a better workout, because you have to run around things and avoid people, and such. You also get to see new places and while you are running you actually see that you're Going Somewhere! Therefore you have a higher sense of accomplishment! It is a little harder than running on a treadmill, so start slower, and remember, if you get tired, you can walk a little.

Gatorgal, I hope it is just a little infected wound, and not the bad thing. Good luck with her!

Ranger, Good job with the washer! That's quite an accomplishment!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

You are so right about running outside. I did it! I ran most of the two miles and it is so much harder than the treadmill. Plus, it was really windy and at times I felt like I was running in place. The BBQ was fun, but of course I overate. A friend who is also losing weight went too and we were laughing at ourselves for our over stuffed feeling. It was nice though because overeating now is about the same amount of food that a normal meal used to be. I feel pretty proud for shifting that paradigm.

Thank you for all of the words of encouragement about running. I really want to be a mom that can run around with my kids! I have spent too long sitting on the bench.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Sunday!! I slept until 12:30... I just couldn't manage to drag my sick hiney out of bed so I just stayed there. I cannot stop coughing and am getting nauseated from it but I did manage to eat some breakfast.

Riley.. I second the motion of exercising outside. I love it. I can't run because I have very bad ankles but I love to walk and take the dog to the park and walk there. It can be exhilerating... much more so than walking inside on a treadmill. Enjoy it!

Hope everyone has a great day!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #15  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I'm over here doing my monthly budget and it's a pain in the butt. I hate doing it. Bleh!

I went house hunting yesterday in PA yesterday and we looked at about five townhouses. The first one we looked at was awesome, open floor plan, kitchen had cherry and granite and floor tiles, basement was finished and it comes with the cherry wet bar with the wine fridge and regular fridge, carpeting all throughout. It also had a jacuzzi built into the back deck. Lots of yard space with a brand new shed. Downfall?? The master bath is tiny, really teeny!!!!! I knew it was too good to be true. I would have bought it if the master bath was bigger with double sinks. Oh well.

The next one was a BEAUTIFUL end unit on a new build and it was huge. Living room was huge, kitchen was all decked out in cherry wood, granite, tiles, custom paint in all rooms, crown molding, hardwood floors throughout, windows galore, sweet master bath and huge walk in closet, 2 1/2 baths, 3 bedrooms, two car garage and we would have bought it but we can't fence in our yard, can't have a jungle gym and can't have certain dogs because HOA doesn't want to deal with any of it when it's time for maintenance and landscaping . Plus the basement was not finished.

The last one we looked at (the one with the big price tag, with the high taxes that we cannot afford) was great except it doesn't have backyard space only two balconies but it is FABULOUS!!! 3,000 sq ft of pure townhome luxury and the area is great. The house was unique. Never seen a floor plan like it before. Every room including the basement and garage was finished.

We're still hunting as we didn't choose one because they all had their downsides which were the things that are important to us to have. I'm sure we'll find one soon.

Anyway, house hunting is frustrating.

Last edited by SBD Sass; 10-12-2008 at 06:14 PM.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote