Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 03:25 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #57

Stay at home Mom's #57
Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #56 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny
Old 08-05-2002, 03:44 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!!
Well, my big time to myself was a few minutes of TV and a short nap. But it was nice.......and peaceful. There are actually moments that I dream of sending the entirely family on Saturday to Dh's family annual reunion and I stay home all by myself (think I am mature enough for that????? ) and read.......sew.........what a scary thought. But it will never happen.

Melissa- Gee, it is great that you did not have another migraine! (can't imagine having one in this awful heat). I hope that you got your workout in today too. I hear ya with the game boys/playstation etc.........kind of drives you nuts. But it is so hot.
I feel sorry for these kids.

Michele- well, it sounds as though you have locked back into diet mode again! Good for you. Funny- how easy it is for all the little pieces of being under control to fall out out of line. Good luck!!The weight will come off.

Jen- Well, the good news is that you spread all that nasty salad over two days. It could have been worse! I hope that those cinnabons are not calling your name....... I have never had one (and hope to never have one after I saw the nutritional count of once once!). Are you looking foward to the return of school?????

Well, I had better stop blabbering here. No walk yet- but Dh promised to walk with me again tonite (hopefully after the cold front pushes through).
Have a great nite!!!!!
Ginny
Old 08-05-2002, 04:54 PM   #3  
One day at a time.

Default HI!!!!!!!

Well, the migraine is trying to make a comeback, but I think I'm going to take half of a pain pill so that I can still try to get some house work done. I try not to take it unless I absolutely have to, and I feel like I should! I can't handle another headache all this week, noway!!! I think alot of it is just this awful heat, and sinuses, and a dash of stress to boot. Other than the miserable headache, things are good. I've got everything ready for the boys to start school, and they're just as ready to go to school! I'm getting back into my exercise program, already did a WATP 2 mile walk tape today, and later I'm going to get on the treadmill for half an hour.

Misty, you don't need to disappear just because you haven't done well OP, we don't judge anyone. We're not perfect, and we've all made bad food choices. And we enjoy your company too!

Ginny, sounds like a nice time was had, TV and a nap would be right up my alley right NOW! I hope you have a nice walk with Dh, and I hope that bad weather is all gone for you.

I guess I better go tend to the boys, they're looking for FOOD!!!

TTFN
Old 08-06-2002, 11:01 AM   #4  
Searching for Motivation

Morning -

Boy, where is everyone? Seems kinda quiet lately. Anyway, today TOM kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. The unusual thing this month was that I didn't really crave chocolate, but salty things instead. I knew it was coming just because of the date but didn't have my normal month overall.......kinda wierd.......

I'm supposed to do aerobics today but under the circumstances, I don't know if I can bring myself to jump around for an hour! It's actually really cool outside today, (only high in mid 70's), maybe I'll just go outside and read or do some yard work. To be honest, I'd just like to go back to sleep . What to do?.......

Mel - sorry to hear about your oncoming migraine. I've been lucky never to have had one so I can only imagine what it must be like. Try to get nice and cozy in a cool, dark place and just relax if you can. I'll be sending you happy, get well vibes, k?

Ginny - wasn't that nap nice?! Even if it was only a few short minutes to yourself, at least it was more than none - kinda like when you haven't lost any weight but haven't gained any either - not great but better than nothing . Btw, I don't know what the nutritional content in a cinnabon is either but I really don't care - I get to have them *maybe* once a year if I'm lucky. But, like I said before, it's a good thing it's not right around the corner or I'd be in big trouble!

Gonna go get some toast - gotta get some food in this crampy body. Take care and see y'all later........BYE
Old 08-06-2002, 12:24 PM   #5  
One day at a time.

Morning ladies!

Sassy, thank you for the good vibes! I'm feel better this morning, but am having kidney problems! So I'm trying to drink more water than usual and praying that I don't require a hospital visit! Tonight is weigh in and I don't want to miss it since there's a good chance I'll be getting my 10% goal tonight!!! I think I'll be fine, my body is just reminding me that I haven't been doing as well as I should be in the water dept. I hope Tom goes easy on you, and leaves quickly too! And please enjoy your cool weather for me too!!!!

Ginny, I hope you had a nice walk with Dh yesterday, I hope your weather has made a change for the better too!

I'm going for now, but I'll be back after my meeting!

Have a beautiful day!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:27 PM   #6  
One day at a time.

BTW, where is everyone? It has been really quiet here!

We miss y'all!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Sorry I haven't written in a while. Been sick and busy.
I have some sort of sinus/ear infection that won't budge. It only affects the left side of my face, weird huh? Sleeping is horrible because I can't breathe!! My nose it stuffed but only on the left side except at night when they both want to clog up. Nasty huh? Will sudafed ease this?? I need relief. Yesterday we bought our very first riding lawn mower. Got a great deal on it. My dh is in love!! He babied it all the way home and actually mowed half of the yard at 9 pm last ngiht! I was impressed with that. Tonight he will finish it.
As for eating and exercising I haven't did so well this past weekend. But yesterday I bought a library card )35 dollars!! can you believe it?! , high way robbery) but the new library is so awsome that I couldn't wait any longer to join. I could only rent one book on my first visit so I checked out Susan Powters "Stop the Insanity" diet book. I have to admit I LOVE IT!! She makes alot of sense to me. Her pan is to eat more and still lose weight. No calorie or fat gram counting. She says low fat is key. You use her "formula" and eat foods that are 30% or less total fat per serving and you can have all you want of them. Of course even if you stray some you can still lose weight. It sounds great to me. Her attitude reflects mine when it comes to dieting. She encourages moving, breathing, and eating. Things I can do. We all do. You might be interested in this Misty. It breaks the dieting cycle that you and I are so tired of. That all of us are. I'm only half way through the book. But if anyone wants extra info on her let me know. I'm definitely going to give it a go.
Well, I'm out of time. I just ordered an epilady on the net. Anyone ever use one? I ordered their new one, Epigirl. It's smaller and wider. (for those who don't know what I'm talking about it a razor of sorts that pulls the hair out from the roots and leaves you hairless for weeks. ) I used a friends before I got married and didn't have to shave for 4 weeks!! It was heaven. So I want one of my own now. I'm tired of shaving so much, you know?
Well, I'll catch you all later. Have a great OP day and lets all get in our exercise!! :sheep:
Old 08-06-2002, 03:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone! I am a newcomer to this website and hoping for some support and encouragement as I start my weight loss journey. I have a lot of weight to lose. I just started my diet and exercise plan last week so hopefully I can stick with it. I have 2 children. My son is 4 1/2 and my daughter is 1 1/2. Well hope to hear from everyone soon. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2002, 04:07 PM   #9  

Welcome bobsgal!! You really have come to the right place. The women here are so encouraging and real and quickly become good friends!
My name is spryng. I'm 22 with two kids (1 & 7 months and 2 & 6 months) May I ask what diet you just started? There are many different ones here. Some are on low- fat some are portion controls, some are low cal, a couple are on WW's. I just started a new low fat diet today. It's Susan Powters plan. I'm doing really good so far today. I'm motivated for some reason I look forward to getting to know you better!!
Old 08-06-2002, 04:55 PM   #10  
One day at a time.

Welcome Bobsgal! You've come to the right place, this is a great bunch of ladies! I'm Melissa, 31yrs. SAHM, married and mom to an 11 yr old son. I'm on the WW points plan, and have been so for 8 weeks today (very exciting day for me= reached my 10% goal!). Before that I was counting calories and exercising, but I decided that going to WW would be great because of the meetings. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey, and feel free to stop in and post anytime!!

Well girls, I'm almost ready to head to my WW meeting, and I'm as nervous as the day I started! I never thought that I would get this far, and it's so exciting!!! I'll let y'all know!!! Cross your fingers!
Old 08-06-2002, 07:45 PM   #11  
One day at a time.

Talking

I did it!!! I got my 10%!!!! Yeah!!!!!! My loss for the week was 2.2 lbs. and my total is 28.8 lbs.!!! Oh, this is so exciting! Now to set another goal, and I think I'll go with another 10% cause it's easier to deal with than thinking about the ultimate goal. I am on cloud nine, WOOHOO!!!

Thank you ladies, for being here and getting me through the ups and downs of weight loss! THANK YOU!

TTFN

274.2/245.4/135

Last edited by mel17; 08-06-2002 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for the welcome. I am not on a specific plan. What I have started to do is walk 1 mile every morning 5 days a week, and try to eat right. I drink mostly water(I drink about 100 ounces daily), incorporated more fruits and vegetables into my diet, switched from white bread to wheat bread, switched from whole milk to 2% milk, and try not to eat any junk food. I also started buying ground turkey instead of ground beef. I've heard that in order to lose weight and keep it off, you need to make a lifestyle change and that's ehat I'm trying to do. I will weigh myself at the end of this week, so hopefully I see a loss. Congrats Mel on your 10%.Keep up the good work
Old 08-07-2002, 10:55 AM   #13  

Cograts Mel on your loss and first goal!!!! That is so amazing for you! Have you went down sizes already? Wow, almost 30 lbs. That's how much I've lost. Keep up the good work!
You are right Bobsgal, it's all about lifestyle changes. I'm doing the same thing. It's low fat but basically the same, more exercise, more frutis and vegs, and low fat items. I drink fat free milk and also cook with it. You really can't taste any difference when you cook with it so I'm hooked.
Yesteday I did erally good with my eating except for dinner. DH suprised me with chinese takeout and I caved. He didn't realize I had started the new plan yet. He felt bad but i ate it anyway... shame on me. Plus I haven't exercised in about 4 days again. I will definitely hop on today, maybe twice! But dinner was going to be hard for me anyway, I went through my pantry and discovered I didn't have much of anything that was 30% or less fat. So I had to go shopping. I got some good things. Whole wheat bagels, 100% fruit jam, corn tortillas, wheat bread, low fat lunch meat, etc. I think I am stocked for a while anyway. I'm excited about the plan though. I have today all mapped out so I don't stray. I had a bagel with jam for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch with soup, (I may or may not have the soup depending on how hungry I am) and bean burritos (with corn tortillas) for dinner with rice and vegetables of course. I always do better if I know what I am eating in advance. PLus I bought snacks. Low fat yogurt, and baby carrots. So I should be fine.
But I have decided something.... I should learn how to cook better. I need to invest in a really good cook book and use it alot. I was thinking about what I make when I cook and it's either pre-packaged or something easy like tacos or spaghetti, I need to learn how to cok sauces and meats and casseroles, etc. So that is my next adventure. I'm going to pick one new recipe a week from the net (until I buy a book) and make it. Try new things, new flavors... what do you think? Of course it will all be low-fat. SO much healthier for the family.
Well, speaking of family we are getting away this weekend to Tulsa so I need to make a reservation online and get things planned. I'll catch you all later!!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:12 AM   #14  
Searching for Motivation

Morning Ladies

Welcome Bobsgal!! Nice to meet you. I'm sure you'll find your niche here in no time. My name's Jen, been married for 8 yrs, have 2 beautiful dd's (6 and 4) and a dog. I'm not on a specific plan - just watch what I eat and exercize 6 days/week. Can't wait to learn more about you over time - pop in often .

Mel - Wow! I'm so thrilled for you - you must be so proud of yourself! What a huge hurdle you've just ovecome! Was it easier/harder than you expected? If you were ever in doubt, now you know that you can definitely do it!! Congrats and keep workin .

Spryng - Tulsa huh? Are you going for leisure? Any special events/places to see planned? Don't sweat not getting on your bike - everyone needs a break from time to time. As long as you get back on, that's all that's important. You can do it - I know you have the fire

Well, I never did my exercizes yesterday - TOM really had my belly in knots. I feel better today but still a bit tired. I'm gonna do Kathy Smith's lower body workout today and an abs tape so it'll give me about an hour of strength training. Eating was pretty good yesterday even though I had some guacamole and chips. More than anything, I'm really thirsty and I've been drinking tons of water - I just don't get it. I think I could drink 5 gallons and I'd *still* feel dehydrated . Time to go workout - my cousin's coming over this afternoon and I don't want to be in the middle of my w/o when she shows up . Talk to y'all soon!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:25 AM   #15  

Hi Ladies! I feel like I've been gone for awhile! I think I've been avoiding coming here because I've done so bad in the last couple of days!!! I totally pigged out yesterday!!! Come to think of it tho...now that I've changed my eating habits "pigging out" has a totally different meaning! Before it meant that I ate crap all day long. Now it means that my meals were not healthy. I didn't snack at all but I still felt icky. I had hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for lunch and then I went to Chi Chi's and had chips, salsa, tacos, rice, and TWO margaritas!!! Then I didn't even get on my bike at all yesterday! My dh is out of town so it's been really hard for me to find time to do it! Oh well, at least I'm aware of it and I'm all geared up to get on the bike while Emma is napping now! Ty pretty much can entertain himself! Okay that's enough of my whining! I forget to tell you all that when I weighed myself on Sun morning I was down another pound so the total is 10 lbs!! Woo hoo!!!

Melissa---HOLY COW!!! Great job! I can't wait until I can say I've lost that much!! Keep up the good work girl!!!

Bobsgal--Welcome! I've only been coming here a week or so and already I feel great support from all of these ladies!!!

Spryng--Good luck with your new plan! I also need to start cooking more! I, like you, cook things out of the box. If you try any great recipes let us know!

I can't remember who else I was going to mention! Well I'm off to ride the bike!

Tami
230/220/???
Closed Thread