Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #1  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

Default NuWave Oven

Has anyone tried this or seen it on tv? I think it looks really nice, like the George Foreman only better. And since I'm not one for using a conventional oven (fear of getting burnt) this looks really nice. Anyone think it really cuts out as much fat/oil as it says it does?

https://www.nuwaveoven.com/spark/index.php
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Kitchen Gadget Queen Here~

I have had mine for over two years and really, really like it. Mine is not the digital one, it is rather large, and does great chicken. I use it for my GK's fast foods, cookies, single layer cakes and such. It makes great frozen pizza. But, that is what I got the Pizza Pizzazz for! Well, that is another story. It cleans easy, but is cumbersome. Fat drains to the bottom. I have never done frozen foods in it. I do roasts sometimes and then add in the baked potatoes. The cooking surface isn't as large as it seems. I would buy it again, but if I had my choice between it and a jet-stream oven, I would pick the jet-steam oven.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #3  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

I just got one off ebay & haven't used it yet. I'll keep you posted after we use it this weekend!
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #4  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Okay, so later than I promised, but finally. I've been using the Nuwave for a little over a week.

Sunday Steaks (ribeye) very juicy done to prefection, although there's no sear like you get from a hot pan/grill, it's more like broiling a steak. I could see all the fat that dripped away, though!
Monday-baked apples OMG these were good (although I admit they were great apples to begin with) I didn't add any fat, just some Watkin's apple bake seasoning. Wonderful!

Baked pears (see apples except omit the seasoning) great!

Chiken thighs (from frozen) Make sure each thigh/leg/breast is separate from eachother-the large chunk took longer to cook because of size and less airflow. Eventually was done & juicy, cripsy skin for those who can't live without it (I don't eat mine) and it baked the BBQ sauce on well.

Pork scallopini (very thin breaded pork) very good, though I have to remember to spray the rack with non-stick spray first-the breading did become a victim of stickiness a bit.

I'll be doing Cod soon for fish tacos. I anticipate as good of results as I've been having.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #5  

I have a broken oven right now and can't afford to fix, so my mom lent me her Nu Wave. I'm going to try it soon. I will post my results, too.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote