Old 10-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #1  

Question McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #38

The Floozies are a great bunch of ladies who've come to depend on each other for friendship and diet (and non-diet) support.

If you're looking for a niche and would like to join our group, we'd love to have you give us a try.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #2  

Mom, Jake and I are going to Branson this week-end. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon and coming home on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe!! Gas is FINALLY inching below $3.00/gallon again and the weather is PERFECT!! I get to spend time with two of my favorite people in the whole, wide world, what more can I ask for?

I'm going to start selling Tupperware soon. I've got to do something to start making extra money to pay off some of the credit card debt I've accumulated over the years. No one around here sells Tupperware, as opposed to Avon, and the price range isn't too high for me, as opposed to Pampered Chef. I think I'll be able to do ok with it.

School is going very well. I've had this professor several times in the past, so I'm pretty much used to his method of teaching, etc., so I'm not really sweating it. I'm the only one in the class, however, that takes notes--so I guess the others are sweating it even less than me!!

Jake is growing like a WEED. He was 8 months old on the 7th. He's got his two bottom teeth, and now we're fighting with the top ones. I'd take all that pain for him if I could. He's able to pull himself up to standing now, so it probably won't be long till he'll be cruising along. He's so cute!!!!

I probably won't be back for a few more days since we're going out of town, I just wanted to drop in and let y'all know I'm still here Hope no one minds that I started a new thread!

Cheryl
Old 10-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.0/tracker/170.0

Height: 5'5

I can't believe y'all's gas is inching below $3.00/gal! I'm in Knoxville and it's still about 3.50 which is completely ridiculous, but what are you going to do you know? Just last month we were in national news for having the highest gas prices in the NATION. When gas is more expensive in Knoxville than in namethatplace California there's a problem! But it's great for you guys. I've just gotten started on this 3 chicks forum and I'm really enjoying it. I'm new where I am and am looking for some friends who are on the weight-loss/healthy living wagon that I can join. Actually, just some friends in general. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family soon, but I don't want to do so at my current weight, so here I am.....sweatin' to the oldies! I'm really excited about getting to know everyone!
bigsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #4  

Hiya bigsexy!!

You're more than welcome to join us! As you can see by my signature, I have an eight-month-old little boy! I hope you're able to conceive with no problems--everything clicked for us with Jake, but #2 seems to be taking some time. Of course, I just stopped breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago, so I'm hoping that once my milk has fully dried up I'll get blessed again.

Yep, it's great that gas is going down here. Actually, in my town it's still $3.24--it's other places in the state that it's below $3.00. I'm crossing fingers and toes that it'll keep falling instead of starting to rise again!

Once again
Old 10-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #5  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to the Floozies bigsexy!

I'm Suzy...mother to two grown sons, but there are plenty of babies in our family! Our oldest son and his wife has 3 daughters (8, 5 and 18 months) with another daughter due on Thanksgiving and our youngest son and his wife are expecting a son on Christmas!

My dad was born and raised in Knoxville...it's a beautiful part of the country! I live in the northern most part of Pennsylvania, just 20 minutes from the New York state line. Our gas up here averages about $3.35 a gallon these days.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:51 AM   #6  

Welcome, bigsexy!

My 2 girls are grown and in college.

Cheryl-Thanks for starting a new thread. Next time you send pictures, add a Tupperware booklet! I'd like to check it out.

Suzy-Our gas is inching down. At one gas station it was $2.97 yesterday. Quite a news maker around here!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 10-10-2008 at 05:52 AM.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 268.0/tracker/170.0

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the welcome ladies I'm hoping we won't have any issues getting pregnant either. We had actually decided to wait a few years to get pregnant, but we ended up pregnant a couple of months ago and I miscarried. I don't know why, but that inspired us to want a family A LOT earlier than we had planned. I'm super excited!

Suzy, your dad was raised in Knoxville? I like it here, especially the Gatlinburg area. I'm still getting familiar with everything here--I moved here from Savannah to marry my husband. And of course he makes everything wonderful.
bigsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #8  
Janice

BigSexy, welcome to our group. You will love the girls here. We support each other in all the challenges of life. I live in Ontario, Canada. I have one daughter who just turned 28 yesterday.
I look forward to getting to know you.
Cheryl-thanks for starting a new thread, the other was long.
Enjoy your weekend.
Good morning everyone, I probably won't be around too much as its my weekend to work.

coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Welcome to the group! You will love the wonderful gals here, true friends! I am married, mother of two daughters ages: 9 and 23, live in Kansas and am a Cosmetologist. My oldest daughter married the first of the year and is living in Colorado. It has been an adjustment for all of us, but everything is going well. I suffered a miscarriage during my 4th month and will never forget the experience. Sending God's blessings your way to be able to start a family in the near future.

How is everyone? At the rate we are going around here, we will be poverty level before we know it. Our retirement is taking a daily hit. They keep saying things will turn around, I hope so!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #10  

Quote:
Cheryl-Thanks for starting a new thread. Next time you send pictures, add a Tupperware booklet! I'd like to check it out.
You're more than welcome!! I will definately send you a booklet--I'll also give you all my webpage once I get it established so you can order directly from the web (from me, of course ), if you want to. I'm really excited about this, because there aren't any distributors in this area anymore. I plan on being one of those that makes money and drives the new car they give away! (Hey--a girl can dream, can't she? )
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #11  
Losing it...again!

It's probably been 30 years or more since I was last in Tennessee for a visit. I loved Gatlinburg when we were there and the Smokey Mountains are so beautiful...especially this time of year!

Gayle, I hear you! It's downright depressing to turn on the news and see the bottom falling out of the stock market day after day. I just keep telling myself that one of these days that it's going to stop and it will start going up again.

Good luck with the Tupperware business Cheryl! Every once in awhile there is a booth selling Tupperware in center court of the mall here...that might be something that you could do too!

I hope you have a good weekend at work Janice!

I'm spending the day tomorrow at a mini quilt retreat...should be a really fun day!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #12  

Well to the club Big Sexy! We are a great bunch of friends.

Janice I hope that you get a turkey dinner in sometimes this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!

I am just waiting for Larry to wake up from his snooze and then we are going to have a roast beef dinner.

oh here is the guy now

tyyl
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #13  
Janice

Doug is making Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow, so when I get home Amanda and Brian will come over.
HAve a good weekend all,
Janice
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #14  
Losing it...again!

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian Floozies!

Dee ~ How is Larry feeling?

It's another beautiful fall day here with lots of sunshine and temps in the 70's. I sure do wish this weather would continue, but I know that days like these are numbered.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #15  
Losing it!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY CANADA CHICKIES! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

It is cold & rainy here today Suzy. We are having high winds to go along with it too.

Liz & hubby had a friend killed in an accident yesterday. In fact, the girls boyfriend was staying with them this weekend when it happened. He works out of town all week and is staying with them a few weekends until he gets his place ready. She left behind a set of twins just over a year old. How sad...
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote