Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Default Oh my GAH -- will these fat rolls ever come off my stomach?

I feel like there's no hope! I look at my stomach and want to cry. I could even deal with my fat legs if I thought my stomach was even going down a bit.

but no, the rolls are stagnant and evil. They stare unwaveringly back at me when I curse them in the mirror. If I could just start wearing shirts without worrying about my rolls of abdominal fat, life could be so good.....

ARGH!!!!

Will they EVER go away? I mean, come on! I only need to lose 25 lb. I have already lost 40 lb. And no, it's not loose skin. It's simply fat.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Have you ever been thin? If you have, did you have fat rolls on your stomach? Weird question, I know, but there are some women who are just built like that. Skinny little legs and then a large belly. An apple shape I think they call it. Or a diamond to those who are not into fruit...LOL

Last edited by Lori Bell; 10-09-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Have you ever been thin? If you have, did you have fat rolls on your stomach?
Yes, I have been thin all my life until I went on antidepressants during which time I gained 60 lb. When I was thin, my stomach was flat. Then again, I was still in my 20s.......I am 34 now. Even when I was fat though, my stomach was flat enough to wear tight shirts -- it's only in the last year it has been really "rolly".

PS, I don't have that body type of skinny legs, big middle. I have a good figure under the fat lol. reminds me of Britney Spears' body (WHEN I AM THIN, I can't stress that enough, I'm certainly NOT bragging, just giving you an idea of what my body type is).

Last edited by choirgirlhotel; 10-09-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Exercise will help! But as someone who has lost 50 pounds and STILL has fat on her belly, all I can say is, I know exactly where the extra pounds I still carry are residing.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Exercise will help! But as someone who has lost 50 pounds and STILL has fat on her belly, all I can say is, I know exactly where the extra pounds I still carry are residing.

Jay
You say you have lost 50 lb, are you at your goal weight?

I guess the stomach is going to be the last place I lose it. God, could I have like 15 lb on my stomach alone? there's a horrifying thought! LOL.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Walking is the best way to lose belly fat. I'm actually starting to notice mine has gone down a bit, and my friend pointed that out tonight. And the only exercise I do, is walk.
I am "apple shaped" unfortionatly.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvja View Post
Walking is the best way to lose belly fat. I'm actually starting to notice mine has gone down a bit, and my friend pointed that out tonight. And the only exercise I do, is walk.
I am "apple shaped" unfortionatly.
oh goodie, seeing as I just changed my gym/exercise routine to speed walk for an hour 4-5 times a week.

thanks for the hope!!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #8  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

In a word - Undergarments!

I have had two children, but have a similar body shape as you do. I have definitely not lost all of my lower belly, but my stomach has flattened out quite a bit. I do have a lot of loose skin that is really quite discouraging. But, with the proper undergarments, my clothes look pretty good

Of course, I'm also over 50, so you may have less trouble than I have had.

In any case - my belly still looks a LOT better than it did when I started

Last edited by CountingDown; 10-09-2008 at 09:15 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You are going to be AMAZED, simply AMAZED when you lose those last 25 lbs, heck even the last 10 or 5 lbs at what a difference there will be in your stomach. I know I was. Is my stomach perfect? Nope. But in clothing, sure looks it. People tell me all the time they can't believe how flat my stomach is.

Congrats on the great loss so far and keep up the FANTASTIC work. The best is yet to come!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
You are going to be AMAZED, simply AMAZED when you lose those last 25 lbs, heck even the last 10 or 5 lbs at what a difference there will be in your stomach. I know I was. Is my stomach perfect? Nope. But in clothing, sure looks it. People tell me all the time they can't believe how flat my stomach is.

Congrats on the great loss so far and keep up the FANTASTIC work. The best is yet to come!!!!!
Choirgirlhotel, I'm about where you are. Similar height and weight, wishing my belly was going down more. I'm counting on exactly what rockinrobin said above. I know already so far I don't lose evenly - that is, one month I may lose more in the belly, another month more in the arms and legs, and so on.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'4

I feel the same way.
But dont give up hope
Jassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Choirgirlhotel, I'm about where you are. Similar height and weight, wishing my belly was going down more. I'm counting on exactly what rockinrobin said above. I know already so far I don't lose evenly - that is, one month I may lose more in the belly, another month more in the arms and legs, and so on.
This is so much the case for me, that since I'm on maintenance, and I've gone above my so-called "goal" weight by 5lbs and I have, more then once (like now), I right away see the difference - in my stomach. That's just how important those very last 5 lbs were/are for me in my stomach area.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I definitely noticed a big difference after the last 10 lbs (I always had "upper ab fat" which I hated). I still have a gentle, round lower belly though. I've never in my life (I dunno, maybe when I was 8??) had a perfectly flat belly, so I never expected it.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 AM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirgirlhotel
You say you have lost 50 lb, are you at your goal weight?
Well, I'm at the weight where I stopped, but I have more to lose to be "normal" on the BMI scale. Ideally I ought to weigh in the low to mid-130s, I think.

My abdomen is the last place the fat leaves and the first place the fat comes back. Even when I was younger and thinner, I had some fat there. You'll just have to see how it is for you!

I agree that undergarments like spanx can really help.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #15  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, some days I wish I could just "soften" myself in the microwave and smooth that belly area flat! Or, maybe push the pudge into a more flattering area and give myself a really sassy rear end, or plumper boobs. Come on, modern science, hurry up with this miracle sculpting technique. Ha!
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote