Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #4

Morning Crew!

Thank god its only one more day til Friday.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Bluesers,

Looks like it's my turn to have a touch of the blah's. I got on the treadmill yesterday with the intention of walking for a really good intense 30 minutes. Instead, I ended up limping along for a very slow and uninspiring 30 minutes. I've pulled or strained my left calf. It's very tender today, so I don't know if I'll be able to do my wogging today. I don't want to play around anymore. I want this weight off, but I keep having to fight this body. I finally found my committment, but my scales are up a pound. I've been eating on-plan. This is so frustrating!

Anyways, it's time to get some work done. Have a great on-plan day.

GO BLUE!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #3  
Intuitive Eater

Hey Blues!

I've got my motivation back and I'm back in the game! (Not that I ever really left, just spaced out for a while. lol) Yesterday was such a good eating day for me. I ate within hunger and to satisfaction (which is on plan for me with IE) all day and even bypassed a snack when I was hungry and decided to wait for dinner instead. Days like that feel good! On top of that I got back on the treadmill after taking a 6-day vacay from exercise. *whew* Glad to be outta that funk!

Mornin' chellez! Could you give me a few more days before its Friday? ... I gotta weigh in tomorrow. Looks like I may be taking another freebie, which I don't wanna do but I really don't want to report a gain either. We were so close last week, I just couldn't do that to the team!

Rhonda, ouch! Sorry about your calf. And the scale, and the "blahs." Sounds like you've been hit all at once. Hang in there!

Djay, congrats on the 14s! (Mine are too tight so I had to go to a 16 but the 16s are a little too big. I must be somewhere in the middle.)

bejeweled, even if you can only spare 15 minutes, try to find it somewhere for something special just for you. You'll be glad you did.

Ghost, I keep meaning to tell you I love your avatar! The blues are so pretty. And good luck on the job!

JoyfulVegGirl, oh man sorry about the ants. We've had 'em before. They were interested in the dog's bowl which sat by the slider, which is where they came in at. I think we ended up spraying them with something. Good luck!

Doragone, glad the knee is feeling better. In your other post about your treatments you said something about estrogen dominance ... interestingly, on the news last night was a short blurb about overweight women being at risk for breast cancer. The cause: elevated levels of estrogen. I've never heard of this. (I don't know if that is what estrogen dominance is, but still interesting.) Here's a write-up I found on the internet about it: http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/n...-breast-cancer

tkglenn, way to go on the 16s!

fauxtini, glad your outlook is brighter! Exercise improves my mood too.

That's all the time I have for personals right now, so Hello to everyone I haven't mentioned!

Have a great day!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #4  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hey all!

Well i'm down a pound finally. I hope it stays this way even though Im heading back to kansas tomorrow and driving 11 hours back to Kentucky with the car. Hopefully that will be the last annoying traveling i will be doing. Sitting in a car for 2 days is not somethingt o look forward too. haha.

ANYWAY.. Im doing good today. I spent almost all night last night looking for online courses in nutrition counselling.. i THINK I may have found something i'm passionate in besides child care/teaching. And while DH is away, i think some correspondances classes will be good for me! Now.. to find the right one for me. I would LOVE to be nutritionist 'when I grow up' hehehe

Have a great day ladies.. and girlygirl.. be carefull with that leg.. don't push yourself on it till it feels better! don't wanna make things worse!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #5  

dora - glad to hear that you're feeling better!

djay - on those 14's! i can feel your excitement - for i also came across a pair of size 14s (stretchy black cords...key word = stretchy!) that i was able to fit into recently. i had to sew on three eyes/hooks that were all hanging on by a bare thread since when i was last in them, i was eating my way out of them (never again!)

tkglenn - and then on the other hand, i have 2 pair of size 16 jeans that feel like i could wear them for at least another 10 lbs...and i've been wearing one of them for a while!!! awesome news - breaking into the 180's!!! oh my gosh - 7 puppies + children...no wonder they don't want to go to bed. i wouldn't be able to sleep either!!

jennifer - bummers about the ants. i haven't a clue on how to get rid of 'em

rhonda, an injury - oh noooooo!! don't worry about that pound - it'll be gone as fast as it came on. about 3 years ago i was training for a marathon for the stroke assoc. i was walk/running (or wogging as you guys say...i love that term, by the way) and up to 20 miles. i was lighter than i am now - but not by much. anyway, i ended up with slight tears in one of my calves that ended my training. be gentle with yourself.

i'm another that needs to workout to help keep me up. i workout as much for my spirit as for my body!

the scale is at a standstill (STILL!!) and i'm getting frustrated. i know i must continue tweaking my calories/carbs but for some reason i'm not doing it. i'm not sure why that is = i wonder if i'm satisfied with just being close OR scared that if i tweak it and the scale still doesn't move, i'll have to tweak it even more. i'm trying to wrap my head around what's holding me back.

just finished leslie's 5 mile workout. yesterday was a rest day.

have a good day!!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #6  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Yesterday I got a congrats from my doctor on weight loss. That really felt good! I told him when I come back in 6 months that I willl be down another 50 pounds. I felt like he didn't believe me...no to prove him wrong.

Congrats to you ladies who have recently found your motivation. Mine easily gets misplaced.

Hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #7  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Joyful: Thanks a million for the running advice!! I really appreciate it. It's all sonew to me, and I don't really have anyone around to get advice from in this field so it's good to know i can come here to get it! hehe i'm going to do my 2.5 miles today and check the time after. Eventually the time will cut back a bit i'm sure.
I will report back about whether I cut back my time a bit this afternoon dring my 2.5!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Looks like it's my turn to have a touch of the blah's. I got on the treadmill yesterday with the intention of walking for a really good intense 30 minutes. Instead, I ended up limping along for a very slow and uninspiring 30 minutes.
At least you did some sort of exercising...That is better the nothing..congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
ANYWAY.. Im doing good today. I spent almost all night last night looking for online courses in nutrition counselling.. i THINK I may have found something i'm passionate in besides child care/teaching. And while DH is away, i think some correspondances classes will be good for me! Now.. to find the right one for me. I would LOVE to be nutritionist 'when I grow up' hehehe
That would be a fun job....Remember you can be anything you want to be!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Yesterday I got a congrats from my doctor on weight loss. That really felt good! I told him when I come back in 6 months that I willl be down another 50 pounds. I felt like he didn't believe me...no to prove him wrong.
I love when a doctor notices stuff like that. You can lose 50lbs in 6 months if you try hard and are determined...Good Luck!!

Well I missed yesterday posting I was sooooo busy at work and didn't have a chance to get online. So far I have been OP yesterday and today. I worked out yesterday, but not today. I needed the sleep today. Sometimes my body just says to sleep a little or your gonna get worn out...sometimes I listen and other times I don't. I feel bad though that I didn't get up early. Maybe if I have time tonight I will workout. Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #9  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Ok, made a mistake, my dog had 9 puppies total. They all are just sooooo cute. They are boxers. Pure bred. They fit in the palm of my hand. Will post pics when I get a good shot of them. Right now she just hovers over them.

Who said they have anyts? Haaaa.....we've had ants for the past 2 to 3 years now. We had an exterminator come and try to fix the problem because nothing we used would work. They were surprised to find that it is a brand new species of ants called crazy ants. They wipe out any colony of ants like fire ants, army ants, etc and they don't follow just one queen, there are many queens and they will serve any queen at any time they want. If the ground is treated, they will go on electricity lines or fences to get around anywhere that is treated, they are really really smart and know how to get around from being killed. In order to wipe them all out, every single persons yard and property needs to be treated. If everyone but one person is treated, it wont work because they will go around it. And the people who spray to kill these crazy ants have to be highly certified to spray this special spray and even that isn't a 100% guarantee. it's only good for 6 months if you're lucky. They come into our house and it's just so nasty. I can't stand them. I wake up in the morning and go to the bathroom just to step on about 5 million of these nasty creatures. Good luck with your ants.

Dora-You'll love ONEderland. It's a really big inspiration when you see 199 on your scale. You'll see that and not wanna give up. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #10  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Ooh, ants. When I was a kid, my room was INFESTED with ants. My mom said it looked like something out of the X-Files. They were the big, winged kind. Gross. The worst part, though, was that they were hatching in the wall and then coming into the room through the radiator, so when the exterminator put some kind of ant poison in the wall, they would hatch, crawl out of the radiator and proceed to die very slowly while staggering across the carpet. It was like a horror movie, no joke.

ANYWAY. I know that was really helpful advice. They did go away eventually though.

Rhonda - Ooh, careful with that leg! Hope it feels better soon!

Blue - Glad to hear you are out of your funk. I am making my way slowly back as well.

dla - Congrats on the congrats!

tk - 9 boxer puppies! Can't wait to see pictures! They sound adorable!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #11  
Blue Team Member

Hey Jessica,
Just noticed you are part of the Red Sox nation. I am going up to Boston next weekend to visit dd and it is going to be craazzzy up there. She lives a couple of blocks from Fenway. Me being a Mets fan --we have something in common.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
Ok, made a mistake, my dog had 9 puppies total. They all are just sooooo cute. They are boxers. Pure bred. They fit in the palm of my hand. Will post pics when I get a good shot of them. Right now she just hovers over them.
I want a boxer!!!!!!!!!!!! years ago, I had a white boxer. Her name was *Blanche* meaning white in french. She was 90 pounds of pure love and cuddles, unfortnately we had to let her go due to illness. Growing up as a teenager, we had Dixie, a briddled boxer for 13 years!!! What a great animal.....

Now we have a chihuahua, a black Lab, a pekingnese, a white persian cat and 2 miniature horses...haha I think that may be enough for now huh?? LOL

Enjoy thoses puppies tkglenn, I really envy you :-)
Old 10-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

okay, ants. totally grossed out. I get the heebie-jeebies easily.

Uhm. what's new today. Okay, so I am totally burned out (physically) and now a friend has shown me how to use free weights for triceps and I SWEAR she showed me about 1/2 dozen different ways. I'm sure I won't remember them all. Okay, so I superset a bunch of them today, and now I KNOW i won't be able to pick up my tea cup tomorrow. My triceps are burning right now.

But I feel good having some more muscle moves in my arsenal. I'm tired of the machines already and I've only been in the gym 3 weeks.

Cheers, Ginger
Old 10-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #14  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hiys guys just a quick stop this morning im down 1.1 this week so am happy with that.. hope everyone is going well.. gotta run BYE
Old 10-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #15  

Height: 5'5"

Well, I went medieval on the little suckers today. We'll see if they dare to come back. Seriously, I've cleared all possible food sources away and bleached/sprayed all possible routes of entry. They seem to be fading away <fingers crossed> I feel bad killing them, but not THAT bad.

Rhonda, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear about your calf. But hopefully you've caught it early and it feels better soon!

Blue, I did IE for a while and it's really amazing how many signals your body puts out if you're listening. Glad you had a good day!

Abby, congrats on your loss! I hope your drive goes well. If you've got to drive that far then fall is the best time to do it! BTW, I love talking about running (maybe TOO much) so your posts are always fun to read. Good luck on your 2.5 miles!

Denise, Nice! You know when a doctor gives you a compliment it's a genuine one!

tkglenn, oh no! Not crazy ants! I've heard that they have a big problem with them in Europe. The thing is that I LOVE ants. I'm actually trying to go back to school to be and entomologist, so bugs don't gross me out or anything, but when they're in your clothes and food it's not so fun. And stepping on them... blech. I sympathize