Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #1  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Default October chit-chat

not much to say this morning gals, but i thought throughout the month someone might have something to say.

like most months i can't believe it's october already. i usually want time to slow down, but I'm already ready for winter break! hope everyone is fit as a fiddle. it's kinda slowed down in here, but such is the life of the alternachick forum.

and i know no politics, but the vp debate is tonight! should be interesting to say the least and that's all i can say, right? right.

later!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

howdee-doo guapas

suffering from temp insanity due to crazy and i mean CRAZY friggin pms..does anybody else get it this bad??? i think KILL KILL sever heads and mutilate and torture and then a commercial makes me cry..like literally SOBBING and then i feel super frisky then KILL KILL KILL all over again....i am really stressing myself out! garrrrrrrr
Old 10-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #3  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

holy mood swings! I just feel the KILL KILL KILL and an occasional EAT EAT EAT thrown in just for funsies. I've had it really bad the past couple of months. Then again, I've sort of been a raving lunatic in general- no matter what time of the month lately.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #4  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Mood swings were a prob for me recently (like a roller coaster ride with Sybil at the switch)-because of the pill I was on. I'm on the nuvaring now and I barely get any symptoms of pms. I'm much happier (and so is my BF!)
Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #5  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I become insane with rage when I'm pmsing. Sometimes I just lock myself in the house and don't go out. Its safer for society that way.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #6  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

i've been super sensitive lately round my time-o'damonth. i hear ya on the sobbing tip, jan. good luck with that. tea always helps me. garrrr? you a pirate?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #7  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I just got the merina iud and now my cravings are as bad as when I was pregnant. (i actually thought maybe the iud didnt work, nope, just pms!)
Old 10-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 304/299/180

Height: 5'9"

Hey missygith, I've been on Mirena now for 6 months, and I have the same problem with cravings! Oy! Still, it's better than actually having my period...

Does anyone have any tips to curb the cravings a little bit?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: size 26/size 16/size 12

Height: 5'9"

I got the Mirena five years ago. It's almost time for it to come out. Have either of you ladies noticed problems with weight loss since getting it? Maybe it was just the cravings that did it, LOL. Also, be warned, your periods will come back with a vengeance during the last six months of the thing, at least mine have. The only thing that has helped with the cravings is completely cutting refined food out of my diet. I eat like a cave woman. It helps, some.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #10  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

On the BC note-I think I'm all messed up. This pill stopped working for me (in the OMG I am irritable and moody ALL the time sense) so my doc put me on the nuvaring, which I loved, but now I'm starting a week early! Cravings haven't been too bad, but my moods & H2O retention are crazy!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #11  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

Hi my girly-girls! Posting from the blackberry again because I wanted you all to know I was thinking about you! I can't comment on everything right now but I'm giggling madly on the train with the Pms talk, and there are quite a few peeps here wondering what I'm on, laughing at my phone like this!

Anyway, i went to a WW meeting last night for the first time in a year and I was surprised I weighed the same as then. Good surprised as we all know it can be worse. My former gym buddy is now my meeting buddy! I'm so happy, I much prefer going to meetings with someone.
Anyway, I promise to not be such a stranger and hopefully I can pop in later to be reply more personally to the chickies here.

XX
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #12  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Okay, my week has been insane and it is only tuesday. I think next week is going to be TOM, and I havn't been on birth control to regulate that...so IDK, I lose track of my cycle. I think I like having my tubes tied except for the fact that I can't just decide to skip a period by skipping the pink pills. Dangit!
I want to try out a differnt gym location for the gym I go to. It has weight machines instead of free weights and stability balls and yoga mats and its only across the street from the location I frequent. I figure if I have to find a babysitter in order to get to the gym then my golly I'm going to find a babysitter. Besides, people are coming out of the woodworks offering to babysit for me since I've magically aquired two extra toddlers to keep me busy.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

we-**** ladies.....so good to know i am not alone!
i actually got off the pill because i felt i was living the life of a frigid stifled asexual mary poppins.......now i have my creative power back but pms was way better on hormones than off...sigh...probably need to get to know myself again...i hate tomorrow. i have to teach business englsih to a bunch of financial consultants..it's such goooood money but ugh ugh ugh..feel totally out of my depth..i am an english teacher whaddo i know 'bout banking and finance (welll...whaddo they know....considering bail-out and stuff and stuff) sigh. feel like a fraud!
so signing off on this self-doubting note...TGitsalmostfriday
good luck on finding a babysitter ghost!
howdee velveteen
Old 10-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #14  
ChunkyDunkersAnon Founder

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
we-**** ladies.....so good to know i am not alone!
i actually got off the pill because i felt i was living the life of a frigid stifled asexual mary poppins......

Now my husband will have a name for what I get like. Hahahaha.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:29 AM   #15  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

Good morning all. I had a less than stellar week but it's WW day again and I'll be going to face the music this evening regardless.

I'm not feeling that great mentally / emotionally and the lack of self-control doesn't help me at all. I just keep thinking "just ONE day, Renee" but the "need" to self-medicate with food and/or drink seems to win each time. Its like another personality, mocking and laughing at me. And it just makes things worse.

This is so not who I am, and I'm trying again, just ONE day to grab control of my life again. I have so many issues that are tearing me up inside and I have no real outlet, or rather I'm still struggling to share with others but it really seems old coping methods die a pretty slow death, even methods that clearly don't work!

Sorry to dump this on you guys, I just feel like if I don't talk to someone, even vaguely, I'm risking a big crash. And I really don't think I could handle that again.

Take care and I hope things are going well for you guys!

XX

Last edited by PinkyPie; 10-13-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Closed Thread