Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #206--Bale of Turtles Having a Good Day!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well today is my and I must say that I used more flex points than I wanted to yesterday. The good thing about WW's is that I can count them in and move on. I have not stepped on the scale--which right now is a goal of mine, so for that. Today should be fun. I love having birthdays and presents and family around me. I wish you all a great day and weekend.
Judy
234.6/218.2/213.2
Old 10-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy Birthday Judy - hope you have a wonderful day! ENJOY!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Happy Birthday Judy!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #5  

This week has been manic for work. Barely slept all week. Just catching up now.

Driving home to my family's house in order to leave together for our Chicago trip. Back the Monday after this coming one. Take care!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Thanks for the good birthday wishes. Had a great weekend and I'm back on track today.
Judy
Old 10-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Happy birthday, Judy!

What a great idea for a group, too!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #8  

Howdy all and Happy Monday!

Well, it finally happened... My boss came in this morning and laid me off... I think that the end of this week will be my last. I canceled my WW membership but will continue on my own in the mean time. I will be on line now and then but not as much... best wishes to everyone and I will stop in when I can but it will be hectic until I can find another job.

Princess
Old 10-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #9  
Chick

Dear Princess,
I am so sorry to hear about your job ending. Good luck on your job search.
Please chime in when you can because you are a vital member of our group.
Know we're all thinking about you and wishing you well. No pressure from us! Good luck and God bless.
Judy
Old 10-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
It looks like we're all very busy right now. I'm sending and to help keep us all on track.
I had my WI in this morning and even though it was my I lost .6# this week. Following two pounds off last week, I feel as though I can do this again.
to all of us to keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/217.6/215
Old 10-09-2008, 07:06 AM   #11  

Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone! I am hanging in there with my food, I have to get on the ball with the exercise though. Some emotional eating is happening right now with me but I am trying to get past that...

Hope all is well with everyone!

Judy: Major congrats on the loss! That is fantastic! Keep at it and you will be a success!

Have a happy day all!
Princess
Old 10-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Every day counts!
Princess, emotional eating is bound to happen at a time like this. What is so great about you is that you acknowledge it and you'll get past it. I'm sending : for things to get much better for you fast!!!!

Right now I'm trying to prioritize what I most want and I'm trying to work my days around that. Met my friend for lunch yesterday but stayed on track.
I have a wonderful weekend coming up. My dh and I don't take vacations per se, but we've got a trip to the ocean for a few days--with our kids and one grandson. It's his birthday and where we're going will have fireworks--fireworks at the beach must be one of life's biggest pleasures. I'll have to watch the food, but I'm trying hard to become a Weight Watcher rather than "being on Weight Watchers." I;m slowly building my confidence to accept WW's and its findings and trust more in the program.

and everybody! TAke care and be well.
Judy
234.6/217.6/213
Old 10-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - nice job on your loss & have a great time at the ocean.

Princess - good for you for staying focussed and on track with your eating.

As for myself, I was down 1/2 # this week at Tops & have kept all my spider legs so far. I am down a total of 7# over the last 4 weeks. So my goal for the next for is to try & beat that.

THis weeks challenges are going to dance Sat night & they serve light buffet late plus the drinks, and Thanksgiving dinner. So really have plan things out for a loss next week.

Hope all you other turtles are doing well & losing!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #14  
Chick

Bandit, Happy Thanksgiving! : what a wonderful accomplishment! Keep ;it going!
Judy
Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #15  

Morning all and happy Friday! It is cold here this morning but supposed to be a wonderful sunny weekend which is a wonderful thing and will allow me to get out and get some walks in along with yard work...

I got on the scale this morning, Saturday is my "official" W/I day but I wanted to take a peek and see what was going on... I guess I am not doing so badly with the emotional eating as I thought. If my scale is correct then I am currently down 3.8 lbs, I guess getting laid off has it's upside after all, LOL.

My nerves are bad and as I look at our future they get worse, but we have a game plan in place to survive until I can get another job. DH is very supportive right now, he told me to not just take any job that comes along but to figure out what I want to do with the next 20 years and to go for it. The problem is this... I would love to work in the health care industry or veterinary care but the vet care just does not pay enough to survive on and the competition to get into a nursing program is huge right now, everyone wants in and it is extremely hard to get into a school here that has even a decent reputation. So I am in a dilemma of the highest order. I still need to work even if I do go back to school which at 46 is a very scary thought. Oh well, I do have faith that everything happens for a reason and I know that God will show me the way to go... I just hope he hurries up

Bandit: You are doing so well right now and a real inspiration to all of us. I am not sure if I will go to TOPS right now or not, even the joining fee is not in the budget right now but I will figure it out. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

Judy: I have a huge amount of faith that you will get to onederland very soon! I know that you can do it, no doubt about it.

All: Have a very happy day and a wonderful weekend!
Princess