Old 10-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #1  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Depressed and Broke

Hey everyone this only has a little to do with losing weight and more about my situation if you care to read on.
First off I have been trying so hard for the past 3 weeks so that I can lose this weight and so far I have lost 6 lbs. Not bad. But besides that I have been having some single mother issues of course. I dont make that much money(less then 20,000 a year) and I am losing my car that I have after it got brokeninto because I cannot pay for it anymore(it was a lease)and I need to buy a new one and have found a couple for a 1000 dollars...except I dont have a 1000 dollars right now. AHHH...on top of that me and my boyfriend haven't been doing well and are pretty much breaking up after 2 1/2years (and I moved 2500 miles away with him) and we were supposed to be getting married. So now I have to sell the dress I bought so that I can have some grocery money. Oh and to add to that he gave me 5 days notice to find childcare which i can't afford.....I can't lose my job. Needless to say on top of that the economy sucks so I couldn't get a loan for anything if I wanted to. I had to file for child support a week ago and found out that it takes about 4 months before anything really substantial happens. OOOOOOO the drama. So anyways I guess you guys are my only support right now!!!
Thanks for listening
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry all these things are happening to you. Seems like when one thing goes wrong, EVERYTHING else follows! Can you pick up a small job on the side? Even if it's not much, it's something to help you out. I know when my friend was in that position, she got a job delivering her local newspaper and made some nice side money for the meantime. Or something where you can work from home at nights just until everything gets sorted out.

By the way, congrats on losing 6lb!
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/150/115

Height: 5'3"

That sounds so rough!! I am sorry that you are going through so much - when it rains it pours! Sounds like everything is happening all at once too

I know a little about the financial struggle part of it. My hubby and I got married when I was 16 and he was 17. 6 days later we had a baby. We lived dirt poor until he finished college in 2005. We have 4 kids now. I am so sorry as I remember how stressful being broke is.....I hope things begin to fall into place for you!
kimberlyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Just keep telling yourself that it will get better .
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm with Jahjah -- believe it will get better. Eventually, it will. In the meantime,
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I am with everyone else. When it rains, it pours. I got into debit at 18 (23 now) because I could not pay my bills. I had been on my own for a year and my parents could not longer financially care for me. I used to pay them rent so I could live with them. I am a diabetic and at the time had no health insurance and I was supposed to get married. I cringe even remembering those days.

I am still trying to pay off my debit. I have been looking for a year for a part time job, but nothing seems to fit with my schedule. I am married now (to a different man) and I am so happy, even being poor. I think I will never have a house and be able to go on vacation.

I don't think this helps you, but with the negative will come positive, I know it did for me.
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #7  

I dunno how spiritual you are, but God wouldn't put you through anything that you couldn't handle. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it looks like a tiny spec right now!

Bad things do have a tendency to happen all at once. This summer was living proof for me...but advice?

Do you have time for a second job? Do you have clothes, shoes, movies or other items that can be sold at a garage sale or on ebay? Or do you have family or friends that may be able to help you out a bit till you can get yourself on your feet?

Best of luck to you hun...I hope things work out!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi, many years ago I was in your shoes...lost the car...a co worker took me to and from work...childcare - you have to ask around and someone WILL give you a break till you get on your feet. Remember this, it's a great rule to go by - always pay your rent and a good babysitter...everything else that get's shut off will get turned on again - lose either the apartment or the babysitter and you really have a problem (also from experience). Swallow your pride and go to Family Services - it's very hard I remember...but also know this is only a brief time in your life NOT THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! Don't give up on yourself - you can do it - and when your children grow older - they will be grateful and respect you for the strong hard working mom that you are. I now own a house, have two grown children who are well rounded and doing great - my point is - what the 3 of us went through when they were younger only brought us closer...Keep Faith In Yourself

Last edited by chunckymonkey; 10-08-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/luck02/lb/210/135/204/.png[/img] [/url]
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

When my mom was my age she was single with 2 kids. Economic times were better then but I still could not imagine how she did it all and managed to get us through it! I have the utmost respect for you and what you are going through right now, although I am not a mother I've been the child in that situation and I can honestly say I don't remember things being bad my mom never let us know how broke we were. She just did what she had to do to get by. I love her so much for that and he will too!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote